Chapter 6 - Oh Hell Naw

(D's P.O.V.)

I woke up the next morning and emediatly got ready for school. Syd decided she wanted to do carpool today, so she would be on her way soon. I ate breakfast and Syd showed up almost right after. I got in the car and Paige was already in there, so we just had to drive to the school. 

When we got there, we went straight to our lockers. Paige was telling us about something, but when I turned to reply I looked at Syd and her jaw was dropped. I waved my hand in front of her face. 

"Earth to Sydney. Syyyyydddd! Hellloooooo?" Paige and I went on either side of her and followed her line of sight. When we saw what she was looking at we bothe said. 

"OH HELL NAW" 

"Oh yeah David's back you didn't know?" Sarah said. We all glared at her.

"Did we ask you? No I don't think so." I said, and she slammed her locker door and stalked off. Syd started hyperventalating. We looked at her.

"BREATHE!" we yelled.

"Somebody get me a paper bag." she said. We handed her one that we keep in our lockers, because this happens more then you think. 

"Maybe we should take you to the nurse." Paige said. 

"No, no I'm fine. I just need to kill a few people." We went into the gym and sat on the bleachers. We talked about our travel plans for Thanksgiving, and how this would be the first year we haven't had Thanksgiving together in a while. 

"Hey guys i'll be right back." Syd said and then got up and walked into the hallway. Paige and I looked at her curiously, and then continued talking. The bell rang, and we went to class. We were expecting to see Syd there, but she didn't come in. I looked at Paige, but she was just as confused. Class started, but she didn't come back at all.

(Syd's P.O.V.) 

"Hey guys, I'll be right back" I said getting up and going into the hallway. I went and found David. 

"Why did you come back?"

"Because this is the only way I could see you, and you wouldn't be able to yell at me." 

"Why? Why do you keep doing this to me?"

"Doing what?"

"Coming back, why can't you leave me alone."

"Because I love you." he said putting his arm out to touch my shoulder. I backed away. 

"No you don't. You think you do, but you don't." 

"You obviously don't know what love is." 

"No you don't. I have moved on. Do you understand how happy I am?" 

"I don't understand how happy you are with that guy." 

"I love him. He makes me happy, unlike you." 

"Don't you remember all those happy times we had." 

"NO!" 

"I know you do." 

"That may be, but they're blocked by all the bad times." 

"Come on Sydney." he said reaching out again. 

"No," I said turning around and running out the school doors. I knew I was gonna get in trouble for missing classes, but I didn't care. I ran to my car and flew in wiping away the tears. I was in the backseat lying down, just crying. 

(Paige's P.O.V.)

We were in 3rd period, when the intercom went off, and D and I were called to the office. We went and sat in the waiting area, until we were brought into the principle's office.