Chapter 39 - The Test

(Syd’s P.O.V.)

Two weeks had past since Paris. Niall and I were more then perfect. As were the other couples. Well, Dan and Liam had been fighting a bit, which was a bit scary, because I always thought that they would be perfect for each other. 

The boys had gone on tour again, and so the girls and I thought it would be cool to get together and skype them. 

I got up to get the door.

“Hey!!!!” Paige said. D just kind of stood their quietly.

“Hey.” she said. I looked at her, but figured she was just in a mood. She went over and sat on the couch.

“What’s her problem?” I whispered to Paige.

“I dunno she’s been like that all day.” she whispered back. I just the door, and as soon as I sat down there was another knock. It was KK, I let her in. She came in and sat down too. My phone started going off. It was a text from Dan.

Hey sorry can’t make it. I’ve got a....thing. See you later xx Dan

Next time Love ttyl xx Squid

“Hey guys Dan can’t come.” 

“Awww...” I opened my laptop. The boys were already online. We were using my skype and they were using Niall’s.

I started the video call.

“Hey love!” the boys said coming up on the screen.

“Hey!” we replied. We were all talking about how our week had been going. I looked over at D she was still quite. 

“Hey guys D and I will be right back.” I said. I took her arm and brought her into my room. 

“What the hell is up with you? You’re never this quiet unless you’re sleeping or eating.”

“Sydney I need to tell you something.” she said looking right at me.

“Ok...” I said getting a bit nervous.

“As you know, two weeks ago,”

“When we got back from Paris?”

“Yeah, that night, Harry and I.....”

“Right yeah got it.”

“Well..........I’m late.” my eyes went wide.

“You’re what?”

“I’m-”

“Yeah I heard you the first time.” I walked out of the room, and over to the laptop.

“Boys we’ll call you back in a few minutes.” I hung up before anyone could say anything.

“What’s that about?” Paige asked. 

“Who is someone that none of our fans, or the boys’ fans know?”

“Why?”

“Just give me a name.” I said. We all thought for a second.

“Penelope?”

“No, everyone knows she’s our manager.”

“Kelly?”

“The receptionist?”

“Yeah, the fans don’t know her.”

“True, and she would do anything for us....”

“Will someone please tell me what is going on?”

“I’m late.” Darrian said. coming in the room.