The newspaper page listed out the requirements and prizes for the writing competition.

"It's not the usual writing competition, it's for young novelists and aspiring writers," her father, Chang Mo, explained. "Those who want to enter must be unpublished writers and submit their works to the competition. Then they will judge the best."

"The Liberation Journal is a big publication. They will certainly use professionals for this but..." Chang Ying paused her musings and briefly hesitated before she looked at her dad. "Dad, if you sweat and rush to finish a work, if it's really good, who is to say someone there won't just hide it and later claim your work?"

Father Chang looked at his daughter, slightly exasperated, then a look of giving up washed over his features. "Little girl, I'm not submitting anything."

Now, Chang Ying was confused. Her mother had little inclination for writing. Her father wrote articles for the school paper and occasionally, his articles were published on the local newspaper. If he wasn't submitting a work for this competition then...

Her eyes shifted to her husband. The brow above Lu Chen's fox eyes lifted upwards. He shook the newspaper in his hand and pointed at the bottom of the page.

The fine print entered Chang tings eyes and she gaped. "Entrants must be below the age of twenty-five? This...the target of the competition is youths?"

Chang Ying noticed there was no educational requirement for the participants, only age.

Her mother beside her huffed and folded her arm across her chest. "That makes sense. If they put no age limitation, then old monsters, like your father, who have technically never published a book will join too."

Chang Ying's eyes remained pinned on her husband. "So...so you are joining?"

She could hardly hide her disbelief. She grew up watching her father, a passionate reader, wrote many short and long articles. And every time, she thought it was amazing when she read it, but her father did not have a lot of recognition. He had always told her their were many talented, educated people like him in their large country. Now, Lu Chen was going to aim for a writing competition?

Aunt Wang furrowed her forehead and looked between all of them. "Under the age of twenty-five? Isn't this bullying?Not many youths even understand those topics enough. Shouldn't they have chosen something simpler like romance or historical?"

Chang Mo shook his head, unbothered by her worry. "Liberation Journal is a serious editorial. The restriction will directly block off those who want to play around to waste the judges time."

"The theme is appropriate." Wu Meng nodded in agreement. "Silly stories and those baseless writings will be thrown out at a glance, leaving those with real sunstance. It is what I will do.  The judging panel has some small intelligence for picking this topic. Only better writers will not be discouraged. I think it's a suitable challenge for young talents."

Suddenly, Aunt Wang felt a little odd among them. The corners of her lips twitched but she pressed them down together. Ahhh...she felt her brain was a little behind these people. She felt a headache just thinking of those topics. Yes, older adults would vigorously gossip about the economy and those other things when they got together over a few drinks or at the mahjong table. But she doubted any of those rantings would qualify enough to enter an article, not to mention a novel.

Chang Ying glanced at her father and saw the firm, silent affirmation he had for Lu Chen. She realised her father won't have shown Lu Chen the newspaper otherwise. Liberation Journal was an established, widespread newspaper. The number of submissions for this work will be astronomical. If her father thought Lu Chen had a chance despite all this then...