Chapter 2

A/N: Could you please help me out?
There are a few grammatical errors in the story, please comment if you see one.
Thanks,💕 I appreciate your help.

***

While Feifei's life was like an ascending elevator after her rebirth, Chang Ying's life was on a downward spiral in that second timeline.

First, Chang Ying was lured into a trap by the village rascal while her husband was away. After her wedding, Lu Chen had to leave the next day to join in the compulsory community service of digging trenches. While he was gone, that village rascal approached her nicely like a good, trustworthy person.

In the unfamiliar village, Chang Ying was just happy to have a friend. Their interactions were pure and platonic and she thought she had met an honest person. But on the day, Lu Chen was to return home, that rascal kindly invited her to his farm to harvest a few vegetables so she could make a sumptuous meal for her husband.

Originally, the Lu family was dirt poor. Their pantry was almost empty, so Chang Ying easily fell for this low level trap. When she got to the rascal's farm, he pounced on her, held her down and force-fed her some drugged local wine.

But before Chang Ying fell under the effects of the wine, she fought hard till the rascal had to knock her unconscious. Then he dragged her to his farm hut and stripped her so it would look like she was having an affair with him.

When Lu Chen returned home that day, before he could even take a sip of water, someone timely informed him about his wife's adultery. Lu Chen rushed to the scene of the illicit affair and was met with the nasty confirmation of her adultery. He saw the rascal and his wife quietly sleeping together on the straw mat with their clothes discarded to the side.

Little to say, in the rural areas at that time, an adulterous wife could be beaten to death in the village with no qualms. Lu Chen did not lay even a finger on her. Instead he grabbed the naked rascal and beat him black and blue. It was at this time Chang Ying regained consciousness, but when she opened her eyes, all she met were sneers and looks of disdain from the spectacting villagers.

When she finally realised the situation she was in, no matter how much she pleaded, who would believe her? Everyone had seen her sleeping naked next to a naked man inside the hut. What else could she be doing other than having an affair? It was even more incriminating because many people confirmed she had been sighted acting chummy with this rascal while her husband was away too!

Even if she had a thousand tongues at that moment, she could not prove her innocence. Meanwhile, after Lu Chen vented his anger on the rascal, he didn't bother to even look at her. He went straight home. That night, her mother-in-law and sister-in-law packed her things and sent her back to her parents' home in the town.

Their marriage did not even last a month, and their time together in that month could be counted in mere hours.

It was clear Lu Chen wanted nothing to do with her. After that, Chang Ying faced a lot of bitterness in her family. She had to bear the stigma of a loose woman from that day forth. Her parents were so disappointed in her, they never looked her in the eye afterwards. In their neighbourhood, every one gossiped about her. She had obviously been married but barely a month later, she was back with her parents. Like so, unpleasant rumours about her quickly circulated. The entire Chang family had to hang her heads in shame.

Her father did not allow her to go back to beg Lu Chen. In her father's eyes, Lu Chen had already done them the utmost respect by not exposing the matter and letting Chang Ying return quietly.

In this manner, no matter how much Chang Ying begged and moaned, her father did not bulge. Once her return home spread, she quickly became the black sheep among her relatives too.