xiii. lies, li... the lies

( warning — bulimia, binging and purging  )

binging and purging )

  "SO YOU MIGHT BE WONDERING WHAT A TEAM DOES AFTER THEY WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP?" AISHA SAYS, holding her phone up, recording a video for her Instagram story. They where all at Applebee's after the tournament, celebrating the win. Holiday sat near the window of the booth, staring out of it with a blank face with Hawk beside her and Moon beside him. Then across from them sat Demetri. "The answer? Victory nachos!" She zooms in on the big plate of nachos as everyone cheers. "It was supposed to be a round of drinks, but the waitress was not feeling Hawk's fake ID."

  "Hey, don't talk about that. My parents follow you." The sound of her boyfriends voice snaps the blond out of her trance. Holiday looks around her, seeming to have forgot where she was for a moment, before moving to play with her straw.

  Aisha cringes, turning to her phone with an awkward smile. "Sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Moskowitz. Anyways, until next time. No mercy bitches." With that, she ends the video, sliding into the booth beside Demetri.

  "Hey," Hawk said softly, placing his hand on Holiday's jaw and lightly turning her to face him. "Are you doing okay?" She just nodded, sending him an obviously forced smile. "You just lied to my face. Do you want another water?"

  "No I'm okay." Holiday sighed, leaning into the boys hand. She was still extremely pale after she puked, her under eye bags that she was trying to hide were very noticeable now that she had to wash her makeup off. She looked sick, making Hawk and Moon very worried for the girl.

  "I'm getting you another water." Hawk said firmly, getting the waitresses attention and asking for just that.

  "Maybe eating something will help?" Demetri said, just trying to be helpful. His eyes widened slightly at the death glare the the blue haired boy sends his way. Moon just shakes her head, silently telling him to stop. It's not his fault, it's not like he could possibly know what was going on. Clearing his throat, Demetri tries to change the topic, picking up a nacho. "I gotta say, it's nice being at a victory party for once."

  "Yeah, except you had nothing to do with the victory." Hawk scoffed, stealing the nacho from his friends hand and shoving it in his mouth.

  "Well then I consider it to be a belated party for the coding competition we won at computer camp. Remember?" Demetri perked up excitedly as he started to sing in a weird voice and do the robot. "Demetri and Eli, Binary Brothers."

  Moon and Aisha laugh at the boys antics.  Holiday, however, just blinked at him before her eyes focused in on the plate of nachos, her rumbling stomach begging to eat something. She was tempted, but she just knows she would end up puking it up. And she doesn't want to worry Hawk and Moon twice in one night. It's supposed to be a celebration, and she thinks she ruining everything with her dramatic food problems.