v. no flirting skills

"ELI! WAIT UP!" THE THREE NERDY BOYS FROZE, SLOWLY TURNING AROUND TO SEE THE YOUNGER SHARP GIRL running towards them with Moon following after her in high heels trying her best not to fall

  "ELI! WAIT UP!" THE THREE NERDY BOYS FROZE, SLOWLY TURNING AROUND TO SEE THE YOUNGER SHARP GIRL running towards them with Moon following after her in high heels trying her best not to fall. Once she caught up to them she stopped, resting her hands on her knees as she tried to catch her breath. "So—Sorry. I'm not good at cardio. Oh fuck! Cramp."

  "I've never run in heels before, that was a mistake," Moon sighed out once she caught up.

  "They're really nice shoes though."

  "Oh, I know right! They were on sale."

  "Really? How much," Holliday asked, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

  "Fifty percent off."

  Miguel, Demetri, and Eli watch the girls start to talk about shoe prices in pure confusion. They shared a look before looking back at the two who were now looking at their phones.

"Um, did you guys need something?" Miguel asked hesitantly.

"Oh, right!" Holiday laughed, a little embarrassed about how distracted she got. "Eli are you free at lunch?"

  The boy froze, his eyes wide, jaw dropped and face red. Miguel tried shaking his friends shoulder, but it got no response, so he answered for him. "Yes! Yes, he's free."

  "Oh, great! You're good at math right?" Her words caused Eli's face to drop and Miguel and Demetri to flinch.

"Uh, yeah. I'm pretty good at math."

"Okay, meet me in the library then! Have a nice morning!" She grinned at the trio, linking arms with her friend.

   "I thought you were going to ask him out?" Moon asked, confused but also a little relieved.

  "I freaked out about freaking him out, so I panicked. And I am very very bad at math. Also he just looks smart, you know?"

🐞

  ELI SAT IN THE LIBRARY, TAPPING HIS FOOT NERVOUSLY AS HE WAITS FOR HOLIDAY TO SHOW UP. Miguel and Demetri sit with him, doing homework of their own. He begged them to join him, fearing if he was alone with the blond girl he would just end up embarrassing himself. But he's slowly starting to regret that as Demetri keeps going on and on about Star Wars— he's scared she'll think they're a bunch of freaks. Though he seems to have forgotten that he saw the girl in the comic book store a week ago.

  "Hey," Holiday chirps, smiling at the group of boys as she rounds the corner. With a skip in her step, she makes her way towards the table and took a seat in the last empty chair in between Demetri and Eli, across from Miguel. "Sorry I'm late, Moon distracted me."