We looked at each other and sighed.

Why didn't we have twins, one girl and one boy?

"Don't worry about her, she'll melt as soon as she'll see the baby even if it's a girl." Appi assured me with a smile.

But what about Alyan?

"What about him?" Ma asked.

Seems like I said it aloud.

"Nothing." I shook my head.

"Are you worried of his reaction if you guys have a boy?" Appi asked.

"Not exactly...but sometimes when he talks about all these, how he wants a daughter and all...it just makes me wonder of his reaction if it's a boy. If he gets disappointed..." I said, looking down at my fingers.

"You really gave such a thought a place in your mind?" Salwa asked, a bit annoyed I guess. And I don't blame her.

How could I even think like this?

"It's...it's silly of me. I'm sorry, I shouldn't think like this." I shook my head, looking away.

"Don't you know him?" Mas voice brought me back.

"I do."

"Let me tell you something. Yes, my son expects a girl. But did he ever tell you that he doesn't want a boy?" She asked. I looked at her for few seconds before shaking my head.

"Even I was slightly confused when I heard what he was talking about. And then, we had a talk."

"Talk?"

"We were just talking about random stuff when this topic came up. And just to check his reaction, I told him that I got disappointed when I heard that you guys actually don't know that the baby was a girl. I also said that I wish for a grand daughter and a grand son may disappoint me." She said and my eyes widened.

"Now don't you think I actually think like that, never. I just said all these to check his reaction." She said hurriedly.

"I know. So...what did he say?"

"Well, I just had to receive a half an hour of lecture from my son about my, as he said, 'annoying' thoughts. He warned me not to ever mention anything like this to you and also said that he doesn't care if it's a boy or a girl, he just wants you both to be healthy. Obviously, he would love to have a daughter but he'll equally be grateful if he gets a son by Allahs wish." Ma finished with a proud smile.

"See, Bhai would never be so petty." Salwa said and I nodded.

It's disappointing of me to even have such thoughts even though I know him.

And there's nothing new in this. I've always been the immature and stupid one in our relationship. I always stir a problem by my stupid thoughts and it's always he who talks sense into me. Every time, one way or another.

How does he even tolerate me?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Didn't you sleep last night?" Alyan asked, sitting beside me on the bed.

"No." I mumbled, snuggling more into the pillow.

Last night, I couldn't sleep properly. The annoying pain on my back woke me again and again.

"Ammi is calling you for lunch. Come and have that. Then you can sleep."

"I want to sleep." I muttered.

"But you have to have your lunch. Should I bring it up here?" He combed his fingers through my hair, making me more sleepy.

"Hmm...."