11 → his dream interpretation (apr 10)

"𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶

"𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶."

Sarah looked at her phone confusedly, and then looked around her classroom. 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘶𝘺? she wondered, before another text popped up. "𝘖𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘧𝘵𝘰𝘱." It answered. Sarah stood up abruptly, and making an excuse about going to the washroom to the teacher, walked out.

It was the third class of the day, and her highschool didn't allow them a break until fifth. Sarah's golden brown, silky hair swayed from one side to the other in her ponytail. She ran towards the staircase that led to the roof. She knew he'd never call her on the rooftop unless it was something serious. This time, she hoped it wasn't anything bad like last time — her 𝘁𝘄𝗶𝗻 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 was as careless as one could be.

Hassan stood facing the city, hands stuffed in his pockets and letting the cold wind sweep his hair away from his eyes. He glanced back at her as she pushed the double doors open and ran over, expecting a twisted arm or a black eye. Sarah raised an eyebrow, he looked okay — then why did he call her out here?

"I swear it's an emergency." He explained, facing her annoyed stance.

"Uh huh." Sarah folded her arms across her chest and waited. "What's this about?"

"Okay, listen — I'm not the best person to be giving advice but..." Hassan started cautiously, looking at his twin sister's curious gaze. "I think you should start practising proper hijab."

"Huh?" Sarah blinked. "This is so out of the blue."

"I know someone, and she's this perfect person..." Hassan told her. "And she practises hijab really well, she's probably really pretty as well."

"Is this about a girl or about hijab?" Sarah asked.

"Both." Hassan admitted.

"You could've said this at home." She rolled her eyes. "Okay — one, not all women who practise hijab are perfect, two, you shouldn't judge someone like that just because they don't wear hijab. There are many kinds of people, some have better faith than others irrespective of hijab. Three, I was already planning on starting it, because I know the wisdom behind which it is made compulsory."

"Right, that makes sense." Hassan nodded.

"Four, who's this girl?" Sarah asked.

"Oh you'll meet her someday, In Shaa Allah. She was in my dreams yesterday." He laughed, and Sarah shook her head. Her brother was pretty famous in their family for figuring out signs in dreams. And she realised, this conversation was another sign for her to take up hijab.

— Jasmin A.

• • •