twenty nine

"Change the song Riley!" Karl shouted at me as we drove home from school, I turned to him with a large grin, "Cuz all I need! Is a beauty and a beat!" I shouted as I ignored his request, Karl slowly began bopping his head as I sang along, I chuckled at him, and he then shut the radio, "I don't wanna listen to Justin Bieber right now.." I rolled my eyes,
"And why not..?"
"Because..i have a headache.."
"A headache? Why?" I studied him as he took a turn onto my street, "Tired from listening to teachers all day.." He shrugged casually, I furrowed my eyebrows, "Does this mean you don't wanna stay over and watch adventure time?"
"No, Of course I do..but only if you play with my hair." Karl shot me a grin and I smiled widely, "You have got yourself a deal."

**

"Next exit, we're sleeping there, im so exhausted, and it better not be anywhere too creepy.." I told Karl as he played with the radio, "Im sure if it were, it would be fun! Spooky!" Karl smiled at me gracefully, I looked at the road sign that was on the highway, squinting my eyes, "Memphis Tennessee it is!" I turned to Karl with a shrug. "I feel like we should have considered the fact that we're both chickens when we decided to do something like this.." Karl bit his lip, I drove into the right lane, taking the Memphis exit.
"You are more than I am.." I chuckled,
"don't be so rude. Anyways, now I have to search us up a hotel, huh.." Karl picked my phone up off the phone holder and began googling hotels nearby,
"Ouuu, they're nice, and expensive, should we get the five start treatment..?" Karl grinned at me, I shrugged, "whatever you want, its just for the night."
"Yeah but we could get, Wow, a heated pool, and a hot tub, okay, im sold, im booking the room for tonight right now." Karl tapped onto my phone aggressively and then put the phone back up onto the phone holder, "Go there.." He told me.
I did as I was told.

"Karl this is really nice.." I said as we stepped into our room. "I know right?! What the heck, did you see this bathroom..?" Karl asked as he walked away, I turned to the direction of his voice and followed him, "Wow...fancy.." I mumbled, Karl turned to me like a happy puppy, "Okay, i say we ditch L.A and just stay here all week.."
"But bikinis, and beaches, and Hollywood.." I gave Karl puppy eyes, "Okay okay, you're right..."
Karl's phone began ringing and he ran to the bed, jumping onto it with excitement,
"HELLO KIND SIR!" George's voice caught my attention, "Hello, George..what is up!?" Karl smiled to his phone and I slowly made my way over to join him.
"Me and the boys are streaming right now, Chat wants to know how far you are now..?"
"Hi chat!" Karl waved innocently and I grinned to myself, "I am actually in Tennessee with the fine Riley.." Karl put his face time in my face and I waved nervously, "dont mind Riley, she just finished driving for seven hours. Anyways, as much as I love you, I must attend the sleeping hour, so I can wake up refreshed and Riley and I can hopefully get closer to L.A." Karl finished telling,
"Hi Riley! And alright you two get some beauty sleep." George spoke and Karl waved again, hanging up the phone.

I picked my phone up this time, forgetting to give Jimmy some kind of update.

Riley<3 : Hey Jimmy! Just got to Tennessee, going to hit the hay soon :]

Jimmy<3: Glad to know you're safe, i miss you already, can you just come back..?

Riley<3: Soon no worries, but I understand what you mean :3
I will be back sooner than you know! <3

Karl and I both put down our phones, i guess done scrolling through them and their notifications.
"Im going to take a quick shower and I guess meet you in bed after..?" I asked Karl as I stood up, grabbing my bag, he nodded, "Sounds good, I'm gonna see if they have cartoon network! Oh frick I hope they do.."
I giggled as I shut the bathroom door.

I walked out of the bathroom, god was that shower the most amazing thing i've ever used, it had jets on the wall, and two shower heads, I wish we could stay long enough for me to take a bath in that modern tub... I dried my hair with my towel and glanced at the sleeping Karl who held the tv remote in hand, huddled under the covers, I smiled to myself and looked over at the tv, Cartoon network, I guess he got what he wanted. I picked up the tv remote and shut it off, making my way on my side of the bed. I got under the covers and shot myself closer to Karl, wanting to feel more comfortable. My phone lit up beside me and I grabbed it slowly, moving myself further from Karl.

Jimmy<3: Goodnight Riley..I just wanted to text you one last time before i went to bed. I hope you two are having fun. As much as I am excited for you, I can't wait for you to be back so we can go have an adventure of our own, and I really hope you're giving it some thought, I really would love to call you my girlfriend. You're everything I didn't know I needed..is that weird to say? I honestly don't care anymore Riley, I want you to be mine, you make my day better with just a smile, Anyways, now im being cheesy, but I do truly care for you and I think I could take good care of you...not that you need taking care of but, I want to be everything you need. And I know we could be so good together.
I really care about you, sweet dreams <3

I smiled aimlessly at my phone as I read the new text message, I felt myself get chills, Jimmy could be it for me. He cares about me so much. I shut my phone off and smiled as I shut my eyes, thinking about getting back to him in NC. L.A was calling my name but I think getting back to Jimmy would be even better, and maybe then we would be..together, together..