𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

"Good morning, Birdy!" Fred and George greeted as she took her seat in the Great Hall

"Morning," Phoenix replied groggily, laying her head on the table.

"Bloody hell, you look awful," Ron said, sitting across from her.

"Nice Ronald, that's exactly what a girl loves to hear," Hermione rolled her eyes, sitting next to him.

"Ah she's just tired because Malfoy kept her up all night," Fred smirked wiggling his eyebrows. He ruffled Phoenix's hair and sat next to her.

Phoenix slowly lifted her head and turned to face him, "Don't start with me, Freddie. Don't make me tell them about the time you got pegged in-"

"Who's getting pegged?" Harry asked, sitting next to Ron.

"Good morning, Harry," Phoenix greeted.

Harry simply gave her a small nod, barely acknowledging her at all.

"Well based on what I've seen, Phoenix wishes it was her," George smirked as he sat next to Fred.

Phoenix sighed with annoyance, "I don't wanna get pegged by anyone!"

"Well there goes my afternoon plans," Draco smirked, sitting next to Phoenix.

"Malfoy, why are you sitting here again? Don't you have anyone else to bother with your presence?" Harry asked annoyed.

"Nope, just you it seems," Draco grinned, grabbing an apple strudel from the display in front of him.

Harry was about to reply, but is cut off by Hermione.

"Has everyone got their schedule?" she asked the group.

"Yes mum," Phoenix replied in an exaggerated British accent.

Draco pushed his plate away and slams his head on the table, making everyone jump and look at him.

"Malfoy, what the hell are you doing?" Phoenix asked concerned.

"I have the pink bitch as a teacher!" he whined.

Phoenix face palmed, "Draco, we discussed this with Dumbledore. We have all of our classes together, remember? So you won't be alone in there."

"But she's awful and annoying!" he complained.

"Don't worry, buddy," Phoenix said, putting an arm around him, "I'll be by your side the whole time!" she grinned.

"Holy shit I'm so lucky! Congratulations Price, I've been saved. You've served your purpose and can return back to your own reality." Draco said sarcastically.

Phoenix took away her arm, and slapped the back of his head with it.

"Shut your mouth, Malfoy. Don't make me shut it for you," she threatened lowly.

"Ooh, is that a threat or a promise?" he growled in her ear, making her cheeks turn pink.

"Well, I would tell you two to get a room, but it's time for class. I expect you can wait until the end of the day, can't you?" Harry asked stiffly.

"Harry Potter I know you're going through a lot right now, but that doesn't mean you have a free pass to treat people any way you want!" Phoenix exclaimed angrily.

"Well Phoenix Price, just because you apparently have all of the answers to our problems, doesn't mean you and Malfoy have a free excuse to be all over each other while I'm trying to eat my breakfast!" Harry retorted, storming off.

The group watched him leave the Great Hall, as silence took over them.

"What was that about?" Phoenix asked, feeling disoriented from the interaction.

Fred, George, Ron and Hermione look at each other knowingly.

"What? Is it something I said?" Draco asked.

George looked down at his wrist, "Oh look at the time, guys! We should get to class before we're late!"

Phoenix looked at his wrist, "Hey, you're not even wearing a watch!"

Fred looked at George's wrist, "Oh George you're right! We need to get going, right guys?"

Fred made eye contact with Ron and Hermione, trying to communicate with them internally. He must have been successful, as the remainder of the golden trio stand from their seats.

"Right well um... we'll see you in class, Phoenix, Draco," Hermione gave them a small smile, then followed Ron and the twins out of the Great Hall.

"Wait, guys what's going on?" Draco yelled towards them.

They didn't hear him. If they did, the group chose not to acknowledge what he said.

"Okay what the hell just happened?" Draco asked.

"I don't know, but something isn't right. Fred and George don't care about attendance or school in general, remember?" Phoenix asked, referring to the prank they would pull on Umbridge in a few months.

"Yeah I know, but what made Potter storm out like that? I didn't even say anything offensive this time," Draco pointed out.

Phoenix was completely and utterly confused. Harry never acted that way towards her, even when she broke things off between them. Even after that the two stayed close friends, but since she rescued him from the Dursley's, he'd been acting different towards her. She knew he would be going through a lot this year, but she never thought he would say something so rude to her, especially in front of their friends.

The whole time she'd been here nothing unexpected had happened, until now.

For the first time since shifting to Hogwarts with her mission, Phoenix was stumped.

"What class do we have first, Draco?" she asked suddenly.

"Hm," he picked up his schedule and skimmed it as his face fell, "Defense Against the Dark Arts."

"Bud-"

"Don't," Draco cut her off.

Phoenix huffed, "Draco?"

"That's better," he smirked.

"I don't know what's going on with Harry, but I think I have a plan to find out," Phoenix said, smiling to herself.

"Oh no, you never have good plans," Draco sighed, "And you have that look in your eyes again. The scary one."

"Trust me, it's a necessary plan. I've been wanting to do this for years." Phoenix grinned.

She stood up and grabbed Draco's hand to help him stand. Phoenix starts running out of the Great Hall, dragging a worried Draco behind her.