𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

Draco and Phoenix step off the train, making sure not to bump into the dozens of young wizards and their parents. The pair spot an area that didn't seem too crowded, and walked over to it.

"I'm gonna go back and grab my trunk, okay?" Draco says.

"Okie dokie." Phoenix says smiling.

Draco turns to go back to the train, making his way through the crowd once again. Finally, he makes it to the train and steps back on. He finds the compartment he shared with Phoenix and the twins, and reaches to grab his trunk.

"Well well well, Malfoy."

Draco flinches as he's pulling to grab his trunk down, making him drop it on his toe.

"Ahh bloody hell!" Draco winces, grabbing his foot. He turns to see who just spoke to him, and sees Fred and George standing outside of the compartment with amused looks on their faces.

"What do you two want?" Draco groans.

"We have something we need to discuss with you." Fred says to him.

"It's very important." George says.

Draco looks at them, grabbing his trunk off the floor, "Well what is it?"

Fred and George look at each other, "What's going on between you and Birdy?"

Draco's eyes go wide, "Uh- uh... what do you mean?"

"Oh come on, Malfoy. We're not that thick." George says.

"Well we are thick, but-"

"Don't you dare finish that." Draco says, disturbed.

"But really," Fred says, "What's going on between you two?"

Draco rolls his eyes, "I don't know what you two idiots are talking about. We're just friends. She's helping to save mine and hundreds of other lives. That's what we're here for isn't it?" He asks, letting his eyes looking out of the window next to him. From a distance, he sees Phoenix talking to Molly Weasley. She must've said something funny because Molly appeared to be laughing.

"Just friends, eh?" George asks, looking to see what Draco was looking at, "What do you think, Fred?"

Fred comes beside the two and looks in the same direction, "George, I think Malfoy here is lying to us."

Draco snaps out of his daze, shaking his head, "Oh please, I don't have a thing for Price."

"Malfoy, we've known you for years now." Fred says, "No one has ever seen you act decent towards anyone that wasn't pure-blooded."

"You laid your head on her lap."

"You did muggle things with her."

"You were actually nice to her!"

"You-"

"Alright alright I get it!" Draco interrupts them, becoming irritated, "She's just... different. She doesn't wanna be my friend because of my wealth or blood status like everyone else does. Even after I was so awful to her, she treated me better than my own family." He sighs, looking down, "I could be myself around her. I've never been able to do that with anyone."

Throughout his whole tangent, Fred and George are looking at Draco with a look of astonishment. Surprised to hear him actually open up to them.

"Merlin, Malfoy..." Fred begins.

"You've got it bad." George finishes.

Draco looks up at the twins, seeing them smirking at his confession. "Shut up." He rolls his eyes and pushes past them, getting off the train. Draco fight through the crowd for the third time, and makes his way to the girl who turned his whole life upside down just days ago. Phoenix turns away from Molly for a moment, and sees Draco walking back with his trunk.