𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

Draco caresses Phoenix's cheek, smiling into the kiss. He bites her lip slightly making her gasp, as she lets his tongue slip into her mouth. The two were so into the kiss they fail to hear someone coming up the stairs to their room.

"Oi Phoenix, Mum said she needs you and Malfoy downstairs."

Phoenix and Draco immediately jump away from each other as soon as Ron opens the door.

"Phoenix did you—" Ron starts, but cuts himself off when he notices the two teenagers state. His eyes settle of Phoenix for a moment.

He then looks at Draco.

Then at Phoenix again.

Then back to Draco.

"What are you two doing?" Ron asks with a questioning look.

"Oh we were just uh..." Phoenix starts, attempting to think of literally anything to say other than what her and Draco were doing seconds before he barged in.

"Wrestling," Draco exclaims, making Phoenix look at him, "Yeah we were wrestling! Phoenix was getting mad because I'm beating her." He rolls his eyes.

Phoenix kicks Draco's leg, making him wince and slightly regret what he said, but only slightly.

"Ooh that explains why your hair is all messy then." Ron points at Phoenix's hair that was indeed all over the place.

"Uh, yeah exactly!" Phoenix says, moving her hands to her hair quickly, attempting to tame it, "Well, tell Molly we'll be downstairs in a minute. I'm gonna change clothes first so..."

Ron's eyes widen, "Oh right! Uh, I'll just be going then," He backs out of the room, almost tripping over his feet, and closes the door behind him.

"So," Draco says, breaking the silence, "That happened."

Phoenix turns to face him, "Yeah it did," She looks down, laughing slightly.

"So... what does this mean exactly?" Draco asks her.

Phoenix looks up again to face him, "Well, what would you like it to mean?"

"Well, there's no point in denying this now," Draco says, gently taking Phoenix's hand, "It's pretty obvious I like you, isn't it?"

Phoenix laughs lightly, "I mean, I sure hope you would. Otherwise, I'd kick your ass for leading me on." she smirks.

Draco rolls his eyes smiling, "Sure you would, love."

"Draco?"

"Yeah?"

Phoenix sighs, "I like you too you know."

"Obviously," Draco says, "How could you not? I'm the whole package."

Phoenix rolls her eyes and let's go of his hand, standing up from the bed, "Shut up. We need to go see what Molly wants."

Draco nods and stands from the bed. Phoenix walks to the door and reaches for the knob, but is delayed by Draco grabbing her waist and turning her around to face him. Draco smirks and kisses her softly until Phoenix reluctantly pulls away.

"What was that for?" Phoenix asks him, breathlessly.

"Just felt like it," Draco shrugs smiling, resting his chin on top of her head.

"You're not growing soft on me, are you buddy?" Phoenix asks, looking up at him with a smile.

"First of all, I thought I told you to stop calling me that," Draco says "Second of all, soft? Please there's nothing soft about me," He says looking down at her smirking.

"And the moment is gone," Phoenix rolls her eyes, opening the bedroom door and walking out.

"Oh come on that was hilarious!" Draco yells, following her out of the bedroom.

|

After Draco catches up with Phoenix on the stairs, they walk down together and Draco laces his fingers in hers, making her smile. As they reach the bottom step, Phoenix stops.

"Draco?"

He stops walking and looks back at her, "Yes, love?"

"Do you think we could maybe keep this between us for a while?" Phoenix asks, "There's just so much going on right now and there's a lot at stake. It's nice having something to myself that makes me happy. I understand if you don't want to but—"

"Hey breathe for a second," Draco says, walking closer to her, not letting go of her hand, "I feel the same way, honestly. I have no problem with sneaking around for a little while. As long as you're happy, love."

"Just us?" Phoenix asks, holding up her pinky.

"I know you're not asking me to link pinkies with you," Draco says, looking at her small finger in front of him.

"I am indeed, Malfoy," Phoenix grins, "And you better do it, too. Pinky promises are a sacred thing. If one is broken, the trust is broken. One must never be forgiven for breaking a pinky promise."

Draco looks at Phoenix's pinky and rolls his eyes, linking pinkies with her.

"Now you have to say the words," Phoenix tells him.

"What words?" He asks.

"The promise words. Just us."

"I swear you're five years old," Draco says rolling his eyes playfully, his pinky still linked with hers, "Just us."

"Yay!" Phoenix says, shaking their pinkies up and down, "Now, let's go see what Molly wants. Just try to keep your hands to yourself. No funny business, Malfoy!"

"No promises, beautiful," Draco grins and walks to the kitchen, leaving Phoenix on the bottom step.

Although, Phoenix wasn't aware of the red tint covering her cheeks from what Draco called her just moments ago.