𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

"Miss Price? Miss Price?"

Phoenix stirred in her sleep, reluctantly letting her eyes flutter open, and is met with a man with a long white beard staring down at her.

"Professor?!" Phoenix's eyes widen and she frantically stands to her feet, "What are you doing here?"

Dumbledore smiles and starts walking in the opposite direction, motioning for Phoenix to follow him.

"Professor, what are you doing here?" Phoenix asks him again.

Dumbledore looks at the young girl, "You've become quite fascinated with our world, have you Miss Price?"

Phoenix gives him a questioning look, wondering what he could possibly mean by that.

"I knew from the moment you walked into Hogwarts for the first time, you were special. For you're not from our reality, but rather one where you lead a seemingly normal life." He says giving her a smile.

Phoenix sighs and turning her head towards the ground, "Does this mean I can't come back? Since I don't belong there?" She asks softly, trying to hide the sadness in her voice.

"No Miss Price," Dumbledore says shaking his head, "I'm the one that helped you come here in the first place."

Phoenix looks back at him shocked. Dumbledore himself had helped her shift to Hogwarts? But, why her out of everyone? There wasn't anything special about her. She was just Phoenix.

"I'm also aware that there was a slight complication when you shifted home this last time." Dumbledore says.

"That's putting it lightly." Phoenix mumbles rolling her eyes.

Dumbledore chuckles slightly at the girl's remark, "Mr. Malfoy came back with you to your world, correct?"

"Yes sir, but I never meant to-"

"I know, Miss Price," Dumbledore cuts her off, "I know it wasn't your fault. It wasn't a secret that you and Mr. Malfoy weren't exactly close with one another." Phoenix looks at the man.

Dumbledore stops walking, "I'm also aware that you know what's to come within the next few years," Phoenix's eyes meet the floor, "As am I." He says.

"I want you to come back with him." Dumbledore says suddenly, making the brunette girl meet his eyes, "You've made him aware of what his and everyone else's future brings," He puts a hand on her shoulder, "Now it's your job to change it."

"P-Professor, I-"

"I know it's a lot to ask Miss Price, but if you help guide Draco in the right direction, you will save thousands of wizards and witches from an unnecessary and painful death." Dumbledore tells her.

Phoenix sighs, but smiles softly, "I'll do it, Professor. If it means no one will have to die, I'll do it."

Dumbledore gives her a proud smile, "Very well, here's what you need to do;" Phoenix nods, "When you wake up, you need to explain the plan to Draco. Tell him everything I just told you, and whenever both of you are ready, I will help you shift back. When you shift back, it will be during the last task of the Tri-Wizard Tournament. Now, it is very important that you and Mister Malfoy don't tell anyone about the plan unless it's absolutely necessary."

Phoenix nods, "Yes Professor Dumbledore."

"Good," He nods, "This is where I leave you, I trust that you'll know what to do when you come back, correct?" She nods.

Dumbledore walks away from Phoenix and turns to face her one last time, "Our future is in your hands, Miss Price. Be careful, and do so gracefully." He turns back, walking into a lit up hallway.

"Price?" Phoenix feels someone shaking her, "Price!" She feels the shaking again, and opens her eyes slightly.

"Damn Malfoy, are you trying to wake the whole neighborhood?!" Phoenix scolds.

"Well sorry!" Draco says throwing his hands up, "It looked like you were having a nightmare. Forgive me for trying to save you from your little night terrors!"

"It wasn't a nightmare," Phoenix says, "It was Dumbledore."

"Dumbledore?" Draco asks, turning his head towards her, "Why were you dreaming about Dumbledore? That's gross Price, and that's coming from me." He smirks.

Phoenix face palms, "No you tosspot! Dumbledore told me something, something important."

Draco's smirk was replaced with a confused look, "Well, what did he tell you?"

"Malfoy," Phoenix says, putting a hand on his shoulder and smiling at him.

"We're going home."