52

Lindsey tucked the boys into bed and then he went on the hunt for Stevie and Savannah and he found them in the nursery, Savannah laying on her little elephant play mat and Stevie was sitting in the middle of the floor folding the laundry.

"Look at you, four days postpartum sitting cross legged on the bedroom floor." Lindsey smiles plopping down next to her and she just looks at him with sad eyes.

"What's the matter?" He asks.

"I wish I had known." She bites her lip.

"What? Her sex?' 

"No that she was coming..." Stevie starts.

"What do you mean Angel?" 

"I wish I would've been sick and I would've taken a pregnancy test. I just feel like I didn't do it right and God, I found out I was pregnant while I was getting a fucking pap smear. If she asks about it when she gets older..." She sniffles shaking her head.

"Steph, it isn't your fault. You had no way of suspecting your pregnancy until you did. If you hadn't of gone to the doctor you would've found out when you started showing and then how freaked out would you have been?" He asks pulling her into his arms. 

"I would've thought I had a tumor or something." She giggles lightly.

"Well, in a way you kinda did. She was a sack of cells that mooched off of you, took your nutrients and grew and grew and grew." 

"YOU DID NOT JUST COMPARE OUR LITTLE BABY TO CANCEROUS MATERIALS." Stevie scolds.

"Well she's cute cancerous material." Lindsey scoops her into his arms and hugging her. 

"Stop it." Stevie scolds.

"So everything is washed what are you going to do with it all?" Lindsey asks.

"I'm going to work on organizing her clothes all night. Her formula and some pre filled water bottles are on my nightstand, go have fun with her." Stevie points to the door. 

Stevie will be the first to admit that she went overboard on all of the clothing...Simply because they spent 1,500.00 alone at that store and the woman behind the counter was impressed that they swiped their debit card and it actually went through but then it clicked who they were and once autographs had been signed they were able to head out. 

And when Stevie stepped back with all of the drawers opened and the closet door she was excited and happy and she couldn't wait to see what this next stage of life was going to be. 

In the drawer with the blankets, there were now little girl blankets instead of the plain grey blankets. They had bought a plush pink one with white polka dots on it, but that one was hopefully wrapped around her in the cradle as she slept. There was a white plush blanket with pink owls on it, another pink blanket with little grey elephants on it, a sherpa blanket that had a main color of dark pink and a light pink mendela pattern on it, there was a reversible blanket, the backside being dark pink he front side being white with dark pink, light pink, and grey elephants. And finally a cream blanket with pink flowers on it. She plucked that one out of the drawer-just in case-and then she shut that drawer. 

Turning to the five drawer dresser the top drawer had her sleepers in it. Joining the original gender-neutral four were a plethora of little girl clothing that Stevie skillfully organized by size. Most of the sleepers were bigger as by the time she'd have to wear them to bed she'd be four-six months old, currently it was warm in Los Angeles so she was sleeping in short sleeve onesies with a blanket wrapped around her. The new sleepers included; a white and pink striped one with grey cuffs and collar, a white one with grey polka dots on it, a white one with grey bunnies on it, a light pink one with grey koalas on it, a light pink one with gold polka dots, a plain old light pink one, a light pink one with dusty rose colored rosemary leaves, a white one with coral and orange flower on it, a white one with dark pink and light pink bears on it, a white one with gold dots on it, a yellow one with tiny white flowers on it, a light pink one with army green hearts  on it, a cheetah print one, a white fleece one with black hearts, a white one with black diamonds on it, a white one with small pink flowers on it, but she got the pink one in 3-6 months, the identical blue one in 6-9 months and the yellow one 9-12 months. a white and black polka dotted one with a pink rose by the heart, a white one with peaches on it, a light pink one with lemons on it, to match her bedroom, there was a white one with pink giraffes on it, and the last one was a navy blue color with orange-y red strawberries on it.