22

October 20, 2003

Jaime was a week shy of one month old and Stevie cooed down at him sitting on their master bed. Lindsey had dressed him that morning so he was wearing his Star Wars onesie and a pair of little jeans and Stevie was making him giggle. She had dressed in a purple Cowell neck sweater dress with black tights and her black boots simply because she still had baby pudge and the dress hid it enough to where she still looked semi decent. 

"Are you ready?" Lindsey asks leaning against the wall in the bedroom.

"No, I don't wanna leave him." She pouts.

"Well Karen's here and we do have a meeting to get too." Lindsey sighs.

"Oh fine." Stevie sighs picking her baby up and giving him a sweet little kiss before making her way downstairs where Karen was waiting with open arms.

"Hello little munchkin, you and aunt Karen are going to have so much fun today." Karen coos kissing his little cheek. 

"Alright, so I just fed him he shouldn't eat again until one. He gets 16 ounces a feed I left directions for the formula and the amounts on the counter. Nap time will be here shortly about eleven thirty. I brought the diaper basket down and some of his blankets and his little bassinet for you so you don't have to worry about rifling through his nursery." Stevie instructs. 

"Alright, go on mama, we'll see you in a little bit." Karen smiles.

"I don't wanna leave him." She pouts kissing his little cheek.

"We'll be fine." Karen pushes her out of the door with her free hand. 

***

They were meeting a couple named Craig and Julie and the notes that they were given prior to the meeting said, Nursery Needed. and Stevie gasped.

"YES! I was just telling Lindsey when I designed Jaime's nursery that I wanted to make one for a client." Stevie grins.

"Well here you go, they desperately need a nursery." Loretta smiles as they make their way into the restaurant.

"You are ready to have that baby aren't you? Hi Lindsey Buckingham." he holds his hand out.

"Yes, we are. Julie." She shakes his hand.

"I just had a baby myself actually. Stevie Nicks." Stevie smiles.

"Oh did you?" Craig inquires.

"Mhm, September 27. I named him Jaime." Stevie grins.

"Wow, I wish I could bounce back as fast as you." She chuckles.

"Oh stop it, I still feel pregnant half of the time. But anyway neither Lindsey nor I have been to your house yet." Stevie grins.

"Right, so I what I need to know is what I have to do to get you out of your house." Lindsey jumps in. 

"Move-in Ready with four bed and three baths. We need an open first floor and a finished basement and we CANNOT leave the neighborhood because my children are NOT changing schools." Julie tells him.

"Right, got that Linds. SAME NEIGHBORHOOD," 

"Yeah I got that." Lindsey rolls his eyes.

"Anyway, what do I have to do to make you stay in this house?" Stevie inquires.

"Create a fourth bedroom, remove the soaker tub in the master bathroom, it's nice but we don't use it.  You need to expand the front entryway, create a more private powder room down on the first floor, add space in the family room, and finish the basement." Craig tells her. 

"That is quite the list, but I am quite convinced that when I'm done you're going to want to stay." 

"Yeah no, you're leaving." Lindsey smirks.

"Right well we don't have a lot of time so the quicker we get over there the quicker we can start so shall we?" Stevie goes to stand up.

"We shall." He nods.

***

"For such a tiny space there's so much going on. You've got a closet over here a door that leads to god knows where and you walk right into the staircase." Lindsey complains.

"At least there's a coat closet. But pace yourself there's still a whole house for us to go to." Stevie sighs opening up the door and wincing when she gets down to where it leads.

"Other than the high ceilings why would anyone even come down here?" Lindsey asks.

"The high ceilings are actually a HUGE feature and there's a lot of space for me to work with which means this is an incredible opportunity to create vital living space." 

"Look, there's so much great space with a lot of light in this living room." Stevie smiles.

"But it's right by the front door, in the winter you get a nice cold breeze right through here and in the summer all the bugs," Lindsey shrugs.

"Funny." Stevie says after a second.

"What?" Lindsey looks at her.

"It's not the summer, it's fall and the season is changing yet there's still an annoying bug right here in the living room." She smirks walking towards the kitchen.

"You are not nice." Lindsey follows her.

"No, I'm just sleep deprived and slightly annoyed." Stevie grins when he catches up to her, "But look again lots of light and a lot of good space." 

"This kitchen is a complete gut....Oh wait, look. Dining room table bathroom, that's not okay. No one is using that bathroom, I certainly wouldn't." Lindsey shakes his head and they go towards the family room.

"And look, what is that?" Lindsey points to the wooden and brick fireplace.

"Honey, we call that a fireplace." 

"No, it's a monstrosity that's eating up the whole room." Lindsey growls. 

They go upstairs, and Stevie smiles at the weird circular hallway because she now knew what she was going to do.

"This is totally a waist of space." He points out.

"Yes well, I'll figure it out, it's just about utilizing it better, come in here," She opens a door. "Terrific boys room." 

"Yes it's a terrific BOYS ROOM but he's going to outgrow this for sure." Lindsey points out.

"What is he going to outgrow?" Stevie asks 

"The bed for sure, the dresser. Can you see a 17 year old sitting at the desk." 

"Well, yes he'll outgrow it but I don't think a 17 year old is going to need all the toys in here." She points out. 

The daughter's bedroom is perfectly fine and then they get to the master.

"Well, it's nice and spacious which is a great selling feature. But I don't know how you plan on fitting a fourth bedroom up here." Lindsey states.

"I'll figure it out, come." She motions with her finger opening up a door, "Look at this closet." 

Stupidly, Lindsey steps foot into the closet and she closes the door on him and leans her weight against it. She's playing it up for the cameras but she'll admit she has fun doing it because Lindsey knows the whole thing is a big joke. 

"STEPH COME ON!" He yells and she laughs opening the door up for him.

"Mean, I'm telling you." He pouts.

"What, I'm just trying to have fun. Come on let's go get our budgets." She laughs.