17

May 24, 2003

They were done with the first week of their next client, but it was Saturday and neither of them were working so they were doing the nursery. Lindsey had painted the walls a light navy blue and at first he thought it was going to be too dark but he wasn't going to question the designer and he actually does like it. The room that she chose for the nursery has a really big window and though it had gray black out curtains the light that filtered through the room made it seem so bright. By the window Stevie had put a gray quilted back glider with a navy blue pillow, the quilted elephant blanket from the bedding set was thrown over the back of the chair because she did not want that blanket any where near the crib until he was at least one year old. Next to the chair, was a navy blue pouf ottoman. He didn't know what the purpose of the Ottoman was but it looked good in the space. 

On the wall across from the window, to the right of the hallway door was where the crib was located right in the middle. The room was almost an L shape as it molded around the master walk in closet and the semi walk in closet of the bedroom. So you walked in and you had the option of going straight where the window and the glider was or you turned right. The crib was a convertible white crib and they had the original bedding set sheets in it. 

Directly across from the hallway door was the changing dresser. It was three drawers and it was the perfect height for both Stevie and Lindsey to change the baby so the top of it was covered by the changing pad and lucky enough there was a small section left at the end of the changing pad where Stevie had put a navy blue fabric box where she had put creams and diapers and wipes in it.  The top drawer of the dresses is where Stevie had put a couple bags of extra diapers and some more wipes. The middle drawer is where she put the baby's blankets and the bottom drawer was where she had put the extra crib sheets. Next to the dresser there was a garbage can because she thought diaper genies were a waist of money. 

They had also bought a four drawer white dresser that they put by the chair. The chair was placed on a slant and the dresser was pushed up against the wall. The top drawer was where socks and shoes were located and was slightly empty because babies don't really have big feet. But she needed a spot for them so she found a spot for them. In the second drawer, Stevie had put some little plain onesies. Navy blue, light blue, white, black, gray, tan, and one sole red one. She had organized It so the short sleeve ones were to the right of the drawer and the long sleeve ones were towards the left of the drawer. 

The third drawer was fun onesies. There was a white short sleeve onesie with gray hedgehogs. A grey short sleeve onesie with blue sharks on it. A white short sleeve ones with different variants of bears on it, the koala bears where grey outline, there were brown bears, and light gray what looked like polar bears. A yellow short sleeve onesie with different navy blue outlined jungle animals, a giraffe, a lion, an elephant, tigers, and turtles. A short sleeve green and white stripe onesie. A white shoe sleeve onesie with grey and tan elephants on it. A white long sleeve ones with grey outlined elephants on it and another one that was the complete opposite grey with whit outlined elephants. There was a short sleeve onesie with one single grey elephant on it and a yellow giraffe. A gray and white long sleeve striped onesie, there was a mint green long sleeve onesie with green cactus on it, A white long sleeve with black clouds on it. Lindsey loved Star Wars so he had picked out a really cute cartoonish Star Wars onesie. It was white short sleeved with Chewbacca, R2-D2, C3PO on it. Much like she did with the top drawer she organized the short sleeves on the right side and the long sleeve on the left side. 

The fourth and final drawers was sleepers and pajamas. In the closet Stevie had a navy blue laundry basket and she had hung up the pants and outfits that they bought. Lindsey didn't think they made hangers that small but they did and he was quite impressed with how she laid everything out. On top of the dresser there was one white lamp with a navy blue lamp shade and one navy basket filled with hats and bibs. 

 The white bookshelf was across from the dresser and Stevie had filled it with children's books for all ages. On top of it, there was another navy blue bin that had toys in it. They wouldn't be used for a while but Stevie wanted to get the toys while they were at the boutique because they'd only be going once. And she had refused a baby shower because she could afford to give her baby the best and she didn't need people to buy her gifts. So in the basket where cactus shaped tethers that could be frozen when needed, There was the little baby key chain toy with three 'keys' on it. There was a couple of rattles, an octopus music shaker toy, an elephant rattle teether, a small soft yellow dinosaur toy, a bigger plush elephant toy, a grey elephant security blanket, a little penguin with a felt crinkly penguin book. And many other carseat and stroller toys. 

"It looks great Steph." Lindsey smiles kissing her forehead.

"I can't wait for him to use it." She sighs.

"I know, but in the mean time he can sleep with us in that  gorgeous bassinet you bought him." Lindsey coos rubbing her stomach.

"I have the itch." She sighs.

"Hmm?" He asks.

"I'm starting to want to design  a nursery for a client." She laughs lightly.

"Maybe one of our new clients will be expecting and they'll have room in their budget for a nursery." Lindsey smirks patting her belly and then crouching down. 

"Hey son, we're in your bedroom right now. It looks great and mom and I can't wait for you to see it.