8

November 22, 2002

The two week building time for their fourth client, was up and Stevie and Lindsey were waiting patiently. 

"It's airing on Thursday." Lindsey tells her.

"I know, and we take a week off for Thanksgiving and then we have one more job before we break for Christmas. But I think it's going to be worth it." Stevie shrugs.

"Alright, here they come." Lindsey points out.

"Yes, here they come." Stevie nods standing up straighter to greet the couple.

"Hey guys." Stevie smiles.

"Excited Nervous?' Lindsey asks.

"Mostly excited." James, the husband nods. 

Stevie wasn't able to do much, but she created a little sitting area in the living room. She updated their  twin's bedrooms and as soon as they opened the door and James saw them he started to tear up.

"What oh my god, what's wrong?" Stevie asks pulling him in for a hug.

"It's so nice. I never would've been able to do this for my boys and you...just thank you." James nods.

"Awe your sweet. Come on in let's go check out your daughter's room." Stevie leads them upstairs to the second floor which she was able to renovate for them. 

"Oh this is great." Amber the wife,  beams.

"And that light Is custom from my collection so no one else will have it." Stevie points out.

"Thank you, it's great she'll love it." Amber grins.

"And here's your new laundry room." Stevie opens up the door.

"Okay. I'll admit you were right. It was so worth it to get the stackable it left more space." Amber concedes that was Stevie's biggest dilemma during this build. 

"Really, well thank you," Stevie laughs lightly. "And your bedroom." 

"Oh this is beautiful." Amber smiles. 

"Alright we have one more floor. Let's go up to the family space." Stevie leads them to the third floor of the house. 

"This looks very nice." James smiles.

"And this is a pull out bed as well. So, I'm going to go get Lindsey." Stevie squeezes their shoulders and goes to the staircase.

When Lindsey gets upstairs he has files in hand and he smiles.

"Stevie did an amazing, job. But she always does an amazing job. This is really great and now you get to decide where your combined family is going to live. But before you make that devision I want to show you, your listing. You've increased the value by 85,000 dollars giving you a total of 750,000 dollars. So you have a big decision." Lindsey smiles going back over to where Stevie was located. 

Stevie was sitting on the arm of the couch one leg crossed over the other and Lindsey came in close to her putting his arm over her shoulder. 

"I don't know This is going to be a tough call." Lindsey whispers.

"He was tearing up, he was so moved." Stevie tells him.

"No, he was tearing up because he lost his man cave" Lindsey tells her. That was the second problem, but it wasn't as big as the laundry debate. they wanted a separate room for the kids to hang out. 

"You know what there's a whole connection with James to this place I think it's on it's way to being a perfect fantastic family home." Stevie explains.

"Okay, but the place I showed them was a perfect family home." Lindsey tells her. 

"I think the love element is going to win out on this one." Stevie shrugs.

"Okay, we've made a decision." James smiles.

"Alright, are you going to Stay." Stevie starts.

"Or are you going to go?" Lindsey asks 

"We have decided that we. We actually really want to stay. And Stevie, I know you couldn't finish the bottom floor entirely but Amber recently got a raise at work and we have a little bit more money so we want to offer you the job of finishing our first floor." James tells her.

"Oh my gosh, you're so sweet. Of course I'll do it. Before Lindsey and I leave I'll give you my card and you call and we can schedule something." Stevie beams pulling them into a hug.

"As long a your happy that's all that matters. Congrats on your beautiful home." Lindsey shakes their hands. 

***

When they leave Stevie turns to Lindsey. "Alright, this time I'm the one that's paying for drinks." She points out.

"I can live with that. Shall I meet you at the same bar?" Lindsey questions.

"Yes, you can meet me at the same bar." Stevie nods squeezing his shoulder and climbing into her car. 

When they get to the bar, he opens the doors for her like always and pulls her chair out like always and then Lindsey clears his throat.

"I'll do a Bourbon." 

"Got it, and for the lady?" 

"Best red Please." Stevie smiles. 

"On it." The bartender nods. 

"I don't like losing, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth." He pouts.

"I was grateful when I lost and you're over here pouting." She laughs.

"I'm not pouting I'm just competitive. My brothers and I all were competitive swimmers when we were in High School." Lindsey explains.

"Really?" Stevie gasps.

"Yes ma'am. Swimmers. My brother Greg even went to the 2003 Olympics in Greece. He won silver." 

"You're kidding?" Stevie gasps looking at him sipping on her wine.

"Mhm, I had.a swimming scholarship for Stanford if I had wanted to go. But I chose real estate." He nods.

"Wait, wait, wait...you had the choice to go to Stanford and you chose to go into Real Estate?" Stevie asks.

"Mhm, It worked out in my favor because instead of drowning in student loans, I am rich." He points out.

"Well, I'm rich and I did drown in Student Loans for a while but now I'm paid in full." She tips her wine glass to him and takes another sip of it. 

"Thank you for coming to my Halloween party I keep forgetting to thank you so I'm doing it now." Stevie smiles after a moment.

"No problem, It was fun. Your house is gorgeous. I think next time I move you're going to have to design it for me." Lindsey smirks.

"Well I'd be happy too and I would do it for free in a heart beat." Stevie smiles at him.

"Really for free? What did I do to get that honor?" Lindsey asks.

"Well I'm working with you and we're becoming friends so I don't see a problem in doing work for you for free." Stevie shrugs.

The reality of it was, that she really liked him and had a massive crush on him. And she was oh so hoping that she would be living in the next house she designs for him, with him. Because she really liked him, but she wanted him to be the one that made the first move.