31

October 1, 2004

Stevie was on the job sight with her team like always doing the work, as much as she could being pregnant,  when tom approaches her.

"Come on here, and look at this." Tom pulled her into a room and held out some form of wiring.

"What is this?" She questions one hand going to the underside of her bump where the baby gave a giant kick.

"This is aluminum wiring. In the 60s and 70s, they used aluminum for wiring but the connection isn't great when connecting with copper, and if the connection is weak if anything were to happen then it could combust and the whole house would catch on fire." Tom explains.

"So what, what does that mean?" 

"it means that we have to rewire the whole entire house because any inspector is going to stall work." Tom explains.

"OH TOM! Where am I getting money for this?" She questions.

"Well Steves, I would suggest slashing that bathroom." 

"The bathroom that Heather wants more than anything. That can't work." Stevie shakes her head.

"Would you rather the whole house go up in flames?" Tom pokes.

"No of course not, there's a baby living here. Just do what you have to do I'll figure it out." Stevie massages her temples and turns away to go back to what she was doing in the kitchen. 

Stevie heard their car pull up so she hoisted herself up off the floor, she was laying tile, and straightened out her black three quarter length shirt around her bump and pulled up her maternity jeans before she padded her way to the front door in her little tennis shoes,

"Hey guys." Stevie smiles.

"it seems like you've grown since we've seen you last.' Heather looks at her.

"It feels like I grow everyday, he's going to be big." She stops and holds her hands on her stomach for a moment. "So as you can see there's a big change happening here." She smiles.

"A huge change." Rob nods.

"And look at what we found behind the walls." 

"That was behind the wall that's so cool." Heather cheers.

"But what we also found when we opened up the walls was that you have aluminum wire which is a fire hazard." Stevie sighs.

"A fire could've happened." Heather gasps.

"But it didn't and we are fixing it we are rewiring the house." Stevie explains.

"So what does that mean?" Ron asks.

"It means that I have to take away your bathroom." Stevie bites her lip.

"So if people visit us and they need to use the bathroom they have to go through our bedroom?" Heather questions.

"That's better than our house catching on fire and besides the basement bathroom is fully functioning." Ron shrugs.

"I'm still not happy with it, but you are right at least our house didn't burn down." She sighs.

"Exactly, especially with a new baby in the house." Stevie nods. 

***

October 8, 2004

It was reveal day and for the first time in probably ever, Stevie and Lindsey were going to the house together. Stevie was currently wearing a black sweater dress with a scoop neck and her black knee high boots. She was standing at the counter eating her yogurt and drinking her breakfast smoothie when she felt Lindsey kneading at her back.

"Oh I needed that. He's going to be big Linds, I don't know if I can do it." She groans into his shoulder.

"Oh you can do it baby. I believe in you. What do you say about doing the nursery this weekend. I know its' a little bit early but I say why not. It's better to be prepared and they want to do that spread on you for Better Homes and Garden, You could show it off to the world." Lindsey explains.

"Really, you'd be okay with that?" Stevie asks.

"Of course, show off both of the nurseries you worked so hard on." Lindsey nods.

She turns around and wraps her arms around his neck. "I love you." 

"I love you too." He chuckles.

"Mmm, kiss me?" She asks.

Lindsey just smirks and plants his lips to hers and they're slightly making out when a loud screech comes from the high chair. "NOO!" 

The pair broke apart and Lindsey and Stevie turned their head to Jaime.

"Mama, mama, mama." 

"Listen here munchkin...I had her first." Lindsey walks over to his son and ruffles his brown curls.

Stevie had seriously transformed their house and when they walked in, the couple were shocked. She had done a rustic boho country feel and she was really proud of her designs. 

"I never pictured there'd be this much space." Ron shakes his head.

"You have so much space it just needed to be utilized better." Stevie smiles leading them into the kitchen, and then upstairs. 

Eventually they came to Lindsey where he laid out the fact that he had found them the perfect house under budget and then he showed them the new listing of 600,000 dollars which was a 100,000 dollar increase and then he left the man to discuss going to converse with his own wie.

"As good as this looks you are in so much trouble." 

"What do you mean?" Stevie asks.

"All you did was the main floor, I had a move in ready and you only did one floor." 

"But I got the second floor ready for them." Stevie points out. 

"Still, I have a better shot." Lindsey says as they are then beckoned back into the living room. The couple chooses to stay in the house 

"Alright, so have you guys come to a decision?" Lindsey inquires.

"Yes we have." Heather nods.

"Alright so are you going to stay?" Stevie interlocks her fingers under her bump.

"Or are you going to leave?" Lindsey asks.

"We're going to stay." Ron nods.

Stevie cheers and hugs and handshakes go around before she turns to Lindsey, "Now you owe me a massage." 

***

When they get home Stevie is standing in the middle of the room that they're going to use as the nursery when Lindsey walks in. 

"Jaime's down for his nap." Lindsey kisses her cheek.

"Okay. That's good." She sighs.

"What are you doing?" Lindsey asks.

"I'm planning." She sighs.

"So what theme are you thinking of?" Lindsey asks grabbing a hold of the bottom of her belly and he cocks his head to the side.

"I don't know we'll see when we get to the store tomorrow. I know what colors I want, OH MY GOD!" She gasps when Lindsey pushes her belly up taking the weight of it, into his hands. "That feels so nice." 

"Jesus Steph this thing is like ten pounds." He says into her ear.

"All I know is that whatever you're doing feels so great." She leans her head back into his chest.