32

December 20, 2004

It was the day of Stevie's Better Homes and Garden interview which then became a Should I Stay or Should I Go at Home Interview so it was with both Lindsey and Stevie which Stevie was excited about because it would finally announce their marriage and it would promote their show. They weren't working with a family right now because they had wrapped filming on the first ten episodes of the season and they were doing the same exact thing as they did the previous season when Stevie was pregnant. So they were officially on break until May 2nd. And Stevie was grateful for that because she was going to have a proper maternity leave but the last thing she had to do before she went into full on nest mode was this interview, which would be released in January. 

Stevie was dressed in her platform boots, but they were tan and she was wearing a box neck pencil dress in red that showed off her 33 week baby bump. She had dressed Lindsey in a white button down and jeans and then their baby boy, was dressed in a red and black plaid fleece zip up and a black teeshirt and a pair of jeans so he was matching both of them. Stevie had to really be talked in to letting Jaime be there when they were taking pictures but Lindsey made the point that it wouldn't be a normal at home day for them if Jaime wasn't there. But Karen was there and she was going to be pushing NDAs and the fact that Jaime could be photographed but his face couldn't be photographed. It would be a challenge but Stevie wasn't willing to budge on that restriction.  She caressed her stomach as she opened the front door to her perfectly clean house once the bell rang singling their arrival. The interview started out fairly smoothly. They sat in the living room and discussed the interview questions, same old same old-how'd she get into interior design, what started you in real estate. What was next for Should I Stay or Should I Go, how her pregnancy was faring, and what some of her design Inspiration was from and then they took a stupidly posed photoshoot.

 The first picture was Stevie sitting on the couch her back against the arm rest her legs outstretched infront of her placed on Lindsey's lap. One was straight and one bent at the knee, her foot perching on Lindsey's knee. She was reading a book and Lindsey had Jaime in his arms but his back was facing the camera. There was one where Stevie was standing up behind the island in the kitchen, Lindsey perched on the barstool.  One of her next to the opened fridge door like she was getting something out of the fridge, and Lindsey walking by and kissing her cheek, and then there was one of her sitting in the center of her bed with Lindsey and Jaime. Jaime had molded around his mother's bump and Stevie was kissing his head, keeping his face firmly planted into her neck. 

They then moved to Jaime's nursery where they took a picture of Jaime walking to Stevie who was on her knees and Lindsey who was laid on the floor his legs in a triangle. There was one of Jaime and Stevie sitting on the glider and Stevie was reading to him, This was taken from the side so the toddler's face wasn't in the picture.  And finally they moved to the new nursery that Stevie was oh so proud of. 

She had Lindsey paint the walls a dark gray color. This room was a straight box compared to Jaime's room so you walked in and you were staring right at two windows. In between those two windows was a black convertible crib. the window coverings were gray black out curtains. The crib skirt matched the quilt to a T and the quilt that was folded up over the black quilted glider that was at an angle in the corner by the crib. The quilt was white with a black border. In side of the border were little jungle animals and plants. There was a black gorilla, an orange lion, a gray rhino, a light green snake,  and a blue giraffe. The plants that were on it where mostly leaves and they were the same light green as the snake, the same blue as the giraffe, but there was also navy blue leaves as well. The crib sheets were a bright blue. On the same wall as the glider and the crib there was a black bookshelf all of the baby books that they had in Jaime's room had been shifted to this bookshelf and Jaime had gotten all new toddler books.  They had done the same thing with the changing table that they did for Jaime so as soon as you walked into the room and you turned right you saw the black buffet table pushed up directly next to the black five drawer dresser the pad itself had a gray cover on it and there was a gray fabric storage bin filled with diapers and wipes on the buffet. 

The photos that were taken in the nursery was of Stevie sitting in the glider peering down at her belly both hands on it. They took a picture of the room in general and then they took a picture of the changing pad where Stevie had laid out a blue and white stripped long sleeve sleeper. 

That night they were standing in the middle of their bedroom, Lindsey holding her bump up, because after he did that the first time it became an everyday thing because it took that weight off of her back and her hips and she was tiny so it did a world of good for her. 

"I think that went pretty well." Lindsey states.

"I think you're right." Stevie nods.

"And they were great when it came to not showing Jaime's face. They were respectful." Lindsey smiles.

"They were I can't wait to see the spread in January." Stevie smiles.