27

Lindsey was at a showing, and she had finished eating her chicken strips and guzzling a whole bunch of lemonade and she really had to pee but she really didn't want to take the tests that were sitting in front of her. She picked up the bag and she picked up Jaime and as she was climbing the stairs the way she was holding him allowed him to give her a swift kick to the bladder and he did causing her to tense on the stairs and wince.

"Oh god, I have to pee. You're going to have to watch mom pee little boy." She sighs quickly running up the stairs and into the bathroom. She unceremoniously ripped open the tests and piled them on her thigh and she took them, her little nine month old in the middle of the bathroom floor. He crawled around and explored while she took the tests and when she had caped them all and set her timer she fell to the floor pressing her back to the tub and then she sat up straighter. 

"Jaime, do you wanna take a bath with momma?" She asks.

He just squealed and she smiled standing up and going to his bathroom to get the bath stuff. She stripped and pulled her hair back and then she closed the toilet lid and placed the tests on it before stripping the baby and easing into the jacuzzi tup with him. It wasn't hot enough for her standards or high enough for her standards but she needed to keep her baby safe and that's what she was doing when Lindsey walked into the bathroom. And Stevie quickly panicked because she couldn't move the tests and Lindsey looked right at them.

"You're pregnant?" he looks at her.

"Am I, I haven't looked at them." She sighs.

"Pink plus signs so I'm assuming." He sighs handing her one.

"Are you mad at me?" 

"I can't be made at you Steph, I do want another child I just wish we had waited but it's okay." Lindsey nods.

"I haven't gone to the doctor yet so they might be false positives." She sighs.

"Four of them, you'd have four false positives?" 

"Well it's a thought and it could happen." She shrugs.

"I love you Steph." Lindsey looks at her.

"Will you go with me when I go to get it confirmed?" She asks.

"Of course I will." He kisses her head and then he holds his hands out. "Come on Monkey, let's let mom get out of the bath." 

"He peed on me in the tub so I'm actually going to hop in the shower. Cause I'm literally sitting in pee water. But he was having so much fun and I didn't want to move him." She wrinkles her nose.

"Well baby Boys do like to..." Jaime takes that moment to pee on his father because cold air makes babies pee. "Aim.." 

"Okay, um...go put him in the play pen in our room and I'll start a shower for us." Stevie laughs.

"Are you sure you want to leave him alone?" Lindsey asks.

"He'll be fine. Just throw some of his toys in with him." She stands up and unplugs the tub. 

As they're standing in the shower stream both washing themselves off Lindsey stops and grabs her hips turning her around and then getting on his knees at her abdomen.

"What are you doing?" Stevie asks.

He just smiles at her and nuzzles against her stomach. He starts planting kisses on it and she cocks an eyebrow. 

"What are you doing?" She repeats.

"I'm talking to my son." 

"You're son..." She trails off.

"It's going to be another boy I can feel it." Lindsey states.

"Honey we don't know if I'm actually pregnant yet." She sighs.

"Mmm, you are and it's a boy." He states.

"I've not thrown up, my boobs feel fine, I'm a little tired, and I've had some cravings but that doesn't mean anything." She sighs.

"You're pregnant and it's a boy. I'm thinking Logan," Lindsey smirks

"Okay, let's get this confirmed before we start naming them." Stevie smirks pulling him up.

He sighs and stands up and wraps his arms around her pulling her close. "We're okay Steph." 

She closes her eyes in relief and she sighs into his neck and he kisses the top of her head and rubs her back.

***

July 5, 2004

"Stephanie Buckingham!" She hears her name and she collects Jaime into her arms and Lindsey follows her into the backroom.

"So we're here to confirm a pregnancy?" She asks.

"Yes." Stevie nods.

"So when was your last menstraul cycle?" 

"Oh god, May 15th maybe." She sighs.

"And when was the last time you had intercourse?" 

"Oh um, I don't..." She looks at Lindsey. 

"We had sex on the 30th, but there's no way that got you pregnant so it would've had to have been your birthday. May 26th." He shrugs shifting Jaime who did not want to be held, but he didn't have a choice in the matter. 

"If that's the case you'd be about nine weeks pregnant so I'll have you pee in this cup and we'll do like we did last time." She shrugs.

"Am I going to need a Pelvic?" Stevie asks.

"No, because your last one was at your six week check-up which was only six months ago so you don't need one." She shakes her head.

"Oh thank god, I didn't feel like taking my pants off." She wrinkles her nose.

"You're going to have to anyway. If your urine comes back for pregnancy then we'll do a transvaginal like we did with this guy." The doctor coos grabbing Jaime's hand. 

Stevie makes a noise in the back of her throat but it's worth it when the doctor flips the switch and their baby's little heartbeat filters through the room and Stevie was fine holding it together until Lindsey started tearing up and then she started tearing up. 

"So I take it this was a wanted baby?" The doctor asks.

"A very wanted baby." Stevie sniffles sitting up. 

"Well here you go, one very happy healthy little lamb for you." The doctor hands them the sonograms. 

"When do you want me back?" Stevie asks.

"three weeks then it'll be your twelve week check up. We'll take some blood and check you over. Dad's more than welcome to come as well. But if you do feel any serious discomfort, or if there's a lot of blood." 

"Go to the ER I know." Stevie nods.

"Alright, have a good afternoon." She smiles standing up and making her way out of the exam room.

"What are we going to tell Loretta?" Lindsey asks.

"When do we go back?" Stevie asks standing up and pulling her black dress pants back up.

"August 9th." Lindsey stands up and Stevie holds her hands out to take Jaime from him once her pants were buttoned. Lindsey hands him over and takes her purse and she kisses Jaime's temple. 

"Jesus, I'll be...about fourteen weeks I'll probably be showing by then the baby can tell her itself." Stevie shrugs.

"Himself. The baby can tell her himself." Lindsey nods.

"Honey, it could be a little girl." Stevie sighs.

"No, it's a boy."