39

November 21, 2011

Stevie was chewing on some baby carrots when her office door opened and she groaned seeing Lindsey and the boys.

"You pulled them out of school early?" 

"I did. Because I found us a house and we need to go look at it. But I wanted ALL of us to go together. And I'll have you know that I'm going to be doing that until we find a house. But I think you'll like this one." Lindsey shrugs as Logan walks over to his mom and crawls on her lap grabbing at her carrots. At first she wants to growl but she doesn't, instead she just kisses his temple because he was at least eating his vegetables. 

Jaime and Logan didn't really understand what Stevie and Lindsey were taking about when they told them that they were going to get a new baby brother or sister, but at least they didn't throw a fit, so Stevie thought that was a win. 

"So where is this house?" Stevie asks.

"The Palisades." 

"Lindsey that's expensive." Stevie shakes her head.

"it's expensive, but Steph we don't have a budget and we have a lot of money because of the show, and I know for a fact we can afford this house. I'm trying to be biased about the whole situation but I really like this house." Lindsey tells her.

"Well, let's go look at it." Stevie sighs patting Logan's hip to get him off of her lap. 

***

"Alright Steph, five bedrooms four and a half bathrooms. That gives each of our kids their own bedroom, and a guest bedroom for your parents when they come to visit. The only thing however, is that he boys'll have to share a bathroom. 

"Well I can live with that. Can you two live with that?" Stevie looks at her boys. Jaime just shrugs and Stevie in retaliation just huffs out a laugh and kisses his head. 

"I feel like one of our clients." Stevie makes the off hand remark as Lindsey opens the door for them and requests everyone kick their shoes off. 

"Actually yeah Kind of, because you're going to design it." Lindsey nods. 

The curb appeal of the house was nice, there was what looked like a three car garage. Two stalls shared the same garage door and there was one stall that had a single door. The garage doors, the shudders on the windows, and the front double door was black. But they walked right into stairs. 

"Lindsey aren't you the one that always complains about walking into stairs?" Stevie inquires crossing her arms.

"I do, but turn left you actually have a coat closet." He points out.

Stevie just rolls her eyes and grabs her kids' hands and pulls them into the house. 

"Well I do like that it's open. I'm not too crazy about how it's staged but I like that the dining room and the living room are open to each other, what's down this...Kitchen." She points to the archway leading into the kitchen and then she looks at the other two doors in the hallway. 

"That's your access to the garage, and that takes you to the basement. Wanna go down their first or last." 

"Lindsey..." She states.

"Stupid question, I know go into the kitchen." 

"Oh this is lovely." Stevie grins. 

"You have the island, brand new white cabinets and white marble counter tops. All new stainless steel appliances that come with the house. Right here's the walk in pantry. We'll have a ton of storage, and it's eat in." he points. 

"I do really like this. What's through here." She points. 

"This is your office." He opens the door.

"I could work from home." She gasps looking at him.

"I know you always struggled with that when the boys were born." He nods. And it was true she'd go back to the office when they were six weeks old and she hated not being with them. 

"And here's the family room, where we'll put the TV." he states.

"I kinda like that we have two fireplaces." Stevie shrugs.

"And right here is the first bathroom. It's a sink and toilet but it's enough for the first level." Lindsey explains.

"Shall we go upstairs?" Stevie asks.

"I'm the realtor, I'm supposed to ask that, but yes we should because you'll get the best view of the backyard up there." Lindsey puts his hands on her back and leads Stevie and the kids upstairs. 

"Lindsey would those be for the boys." She states as soon as they get up there where two bedroom doors are ajar and there's a perfect little spot that Stevie knows exactly what she can do there.

"They can be, yes." Lindsey nods. 

"Come on." Stevie tugs on their hands. 

"So this is the slightly bigger one, so I'd say this one goes to Jaime." Lindsey Points out. 

"I like it dad." Jaime gasps pulling away from his mother and running to the big windows. 

"Why does he get the bigger room?" Logan asks.

"He's older honey, he has the bigger room now too." Stevie coos ruffling his blonde curls. Logan was the spitting image of Lindsey down to the eyes, the only difference was that his curls were blonde compared to Jaime's brown. But Jaime was a literal carbon copy of his father. 

"Come on we'll go see what would be yours." Lindsey picks Logan up and the small family goes next door. 

Eventually they get to the boys shared bedroom.

"Now this is really weird because here's the boys bathroom, and then right here is the new baby's bathroom." 

"It is weird, but it works." Stevie shrugs. 

"And here's the nursery and then right next door is your laundry room and then we're right here." 

"We have French doors and a balcony." Stevie gasps.

"Step outside and look at the backyard." 

They finish out the tour in the basement where there's the fourth bathroom and the guest room. Lindsey's office, and a play area for the kids. 

"So how much do you think it's listed at?" 

"Honestly Lindsey...I don't do numbers unless it's how much I can spend on things." Stevie crosses her arms.

"It's listed at three million, five hundred thousand." Lindsey explains.

"Three Mil...Lindsey, my house, the house we're living in now was only half a mil." Stevie gasps.

"But Steph...we've got a pool, and a giant backyard for the kids, Lily." He states referring to the new dog they got after Sulamith passed away the year prior. 

"I like this house Lindsey and if you want to put an offer in that's fine with me. It's within our school district and it's still close to our jobs, so go for it. But just know, I will be redoing the top two floors in it's entirety." Stevie points out.

"I didn't expect anything less Angel." Lindsey kisses her.