[Chapter Twenty-Six]

Start from the beginning

We would have meat being cooked to order and they could pick what they wanted, the idea was a little all over the place but I was hoping it would make the guest the happiest and be less stressful that way so we weren’t having to worry about remaking anything that they didn’t like, weddings were so difficult.

There were sides from pasta to fruit, eggplant and veggies, we had burgers and macaroni and cheese for some of the kids. There should be enough variety that anyone should be able to eat.

When it got to dessert we opted on a small formal dessert with a variety of small tarts so we could do the speeches during that time. 

And then the food was finished and we were very full as I dropped Chase off at work again and I went to go solve the flower disaster, well I attempted to. I went in there, saw the arrangements and called Chase’s mom to just help me because I couldn’t do it alone.

“What’s wrong baby?” she came over to where I was sitting outside.

“Everything, they ordered absolutely everything wrong. The color, the flowers, the arrangements are horrible just everything.” I was close to tears and if we couldn’t fix this now, it was going to cost a fortune to reorder somewhere else and a lot more stress.

I sat back and his mother dealt with the problem a lot calmer than I would, I was about to scream and yell and turn into a horrible bridezilla but his mother was calmer when she demanded they be fixed since it was their mistake and they better be done on time.

“Come on honey.” She wrapped her arm around me and we walked downtown.

“Where are we going?” I asked

“Coffee.” She told me.

“I have to still go to-”

“Not right now you don’t, you need to take a break.” She kept pulling me down the road another couple blocks to a little coffee shop, she ordered coffee and I insisted on buying since she just dropped everything to come help me.

“Thank you.” I told her as we sat down

“Anytime, now tell me what you have left to do.” she said and I groaned

“fittings, jewelry, I have to get Chase’s ring picked out today to have it on time, the girls need to have a fitting for their flow girl dresses, I need Thomas’s suit to be done, we need to find you something to wear, the flowers are a constant stress,  we need to finalize the layout of the venue and the linens, the music, all the little things we wanted there like the wishing tree and the frame for everyone to write on, decorations and I still am the maid of honor for Rochelle and have to help her with all that, Michael’s only a few weeks old and-”

“Alright.” She cut me off

“It’s a lot, Chase and I haven’t been able to do anything the past couple months.” This wedding was horribly timed with these babies. I’ve barley even seen Rochelle, though it was incredibly sweet for her to give her son Riley’s middle name.

“Let me help you honey, next weekend we’ll get all the clothes settled and the flowers will be done. If you need me to pick anything up for you I will, Thomas has his suit so don’t worry about him.” Thomas was Chase’s nine year old adoptive brother; his parents finalized the papers a few months ago.

“I just need everything done.” I put my head in my hands.

“It will be and one wedding at a time, If Rochelle needs more help have her call me.”

“Rochelle has more done than I do, thank Scott for that one.” Lucky that she had someone to keep her on track with this thing.

“Well then don’t worry about it and enjoy this time.” I smiled because she was right and sometimes I forgot to do that.