Chapter 87- Fighting You

Începe de la început

"You're an idiot. You always were an idiot, (y/n)." Katsuki's voice was so dark and layered on thick as if each word slapped you in the face. It stung hearing him say that...but you knew it wasn't him...it was Vixen toying with his mind. "At the end of the day, you're just too weak to make the hard call. That's what Hawks said to me but you know what? I think that fits you here so fucking well. What are you gonna do now...you damn fucking Extra! Do you really think you can stop me now that I got out of your grip? I've been collecting sweat this whole time...just enough to go super-fucking-nova! What's it gonna be now? If you don't kill me (y/n), I'm gonna blow apart as many buildings as I fucking can! Or maybe I can just kill you right here and now," He growled the last sentence practically right in your ear. He let out a cackling laugh before reducing to a bold smirk and licking his lips.  He was so close that your chests were touching and it ached you to your core that you couldn't just pull him into an embrace.

Katsuki's hand curled around your neck again with his thumb delicately rubbing your lower lip. His grip froze and his eyes gleamed scarlet red for a second. He looked so serious like he was trying so hard to say something but nothing came out...well until his eyes turned back to that venomous green. As if he never stopped speaking, he continued his monologue from earlier.

"My blood's boiling just thinkin' about it! Whatdaya say? Sounds like a fun game to me baby!"

Seeing Katsuki this way...his sharp grin and villainous gleam in his unnatural emerald green eyes...it made you sick to your stomach. Katsuki would rather die than let some punk villain take over his mind. He wanted to be like All Might...he wanted to be a hero...and you risked your life time and time again just to protect that. You killed so many people to shield Katsuki after you joined up with Hawks. You had lost your quirk, gone blind a few times, endured torture...just to see the person you loved most tell you that in order for you to save innocent lives, you had to kill him.

You saw a flicker of red in the corner of your vision and suddenly the sickness was replaced with hope.

"You want to play a game?" You started with a cocky smile of your own. Katsuki matched you in his black bodysuit with the two of you looking like a villain duo. The energy between you reminded you of Dabi and it was an odd sensation to feel with your boyfriend. The situation was heartbreaking, but seeing Katsuki act so tough against you of all people was...something. "Let's see if you can kill me before I rip that bitch Vixen limb from fucking limb for targeting you."

You felt something stick to your back and knew it was time to show Katsuki why you were the most terrifying mercenary in the field.

~~

Shinso followed a stray crimson Hawks' feather that led him straight towards Vixen as she tried to flee the scene. She was so sure that Shinso would not be a threat since their quirks didn't work on one another, but she didn't realize that his voice was not the only weapon in his arsenal. He was physically getting stronger, he was learning from you how to fight, and has been training with Aizawa after classes. Thanks to his friends who believed in him, he was able to trace down the woman responsible for murdering his family.

He ran with no hesitation and his eyes held within them a determined violet glimmer. Miss Vixen let out a 'tsk' as she picked up the pace and fled towards the more shady part of down. A taxi driver was sitting outside of his vehicle while smoking a cigarette when Vixen approached him.

"Hey! Hey big boy!" The bald and plump man turned towards the woman with a raised scarred brow.

"You talkin' 'ta me?" The moment he responded, his eyes shifted to that electric green trademark color of hers and he went rigid.

"Get in the car and drive you stupid pig!" She shrieked while running to the passenger side door. The driver got in and was shifting the car from park to drive when Shinso arrived.