It was the first day of our vacation before the last match of the Magic School Tournament. Every year before the final battle, students and teachers would get a four-day vacation off from work or school. You could spend this time anywhere, with your family, at school or go somewhere else to enjoy your free time. Since I've always been homeschooled I guess I never realized how awful it feels to not have a family or house to go home to. Of course, I had my adoptive parents– Jin's parents– but we couldn't even go there since the couple was gone somewhere else for work.

Watching everyone else pack their bags, and happily make their way to their parent's house, did pain me. I wish I could have that. A real happy family and parents I could visit during my free time and vacations.

Momo come over to me and sat down beside me, pulling me out of my bleak thoughts.

"How do you do that anyway?" She asked, stretching her hands behind her and laying back on them as she kept her legs crisscrossed.

"Do what? The flying?" I questioned.

Meditating was a foreign topic here in Majestia. It's not the mortal kind of meditation where you strike a calming pose and just close your eyes to relax. It's rather complex and well, just like with everything else, it includes a tinge of magic.

Meditation here is like a sort of skill. And it's a rather difficult skill to acquire. When you meditate, you go into a state of mind where you are calm, where no negative emotions can touch you, and where you briefly touch the first gate of heaven.

It's usually something very optimistic and bright people can accomplish. If you're someone with tons of negative emotions or act harshly act upon those negative emotions then you will be unable to mediate. Acquiring meditation means you need to have a clean or pure mind and soul. Someone who finds the positive in every situation and someone who appreciates the good they have in their life no matter the struggles they face will easily be able to mediate since they tend to be optimistic and rather happy people.

"Yeah... I've heard only a few people can manage to do that," she seemed to be neutral about it, or maybe deep inside she was impressed and was hiding it. I didn't bother to ponder over the thought. "I could do since I was a child, it's just been sort of natural for me," I answered as she nodded.

When you reach that state of tranquillity during meditation, you start levitating off the ground. The higher you go, the deeper the experience becomes but it's difficult to go higher than a few feet at a time.

Uncomfortable silence soon followed us after as she looked around the Mystic Meadow.

"So... Since we're paired together for battle practices I'm assuming we should start soon," muttered Momo after a while.

I nodded, getting off the ground and reaching out my hand to help. But she completely brushed me off and stood up on her, ignoring my presence.

I wasn't the type to get annoyed easily, or the type to dislike people. I can agree that there are horrible Majestians in the world but I could never completely dislike someone unless I know their intentions well.

Unfortunately, something about Momo rubbed me off in a terrible way. Maybe it was the obvious fact that she was petty about losing, or maybe it was just her egoistic nature. I couldn't point my finger at what exactly it could be, maybe both?

"Okay, so, what do we do?" I asked as we both aligned ourselves in a battle position. "How about we just try some basic attacks? Like in the practice match, we'll use both our offence and defence attacks to see where we need to improve and get better." I nodded.

This went on for a while, her attacking, me defending and then me attacking, her defending. Honestly, it was getting rather boring. I didn't mean to say it in a self-centred way, but I think she was lacking in a lot of parts. She would definitely get the chance to attack me but then she would forget something super important or just do an ineffective move that would then give me the upper hand. She didn't have the creativity or imagination to try something different, it was always the same thing over and over again