CHAPTER 3: Dark Hades

Mulai dari awal

The old woman was kind and she immediately gave me a copy of it. I went back to my office and played it on my laptop. I was busily watching the footage but one thing caught my attention. It was a black van. The van was simultaneously driving around the area five times yesterday. I stop the video and copied the plate number.  I played it again and stop when I saw someone familiar!

My eyes widened when I saw the man in a black hoody! He is standing near the store and was staring at the van that was passing by! I suddenly had goose bumps while watching. Who the hell is this person? Why is he always present in every damn scene?

I continued investigating the case and when I get tired I went up to sleep. But loud noises from outside of my office woke me up suddenly. I checked the wall clock and got shock when I realized I’ve been sleeping the whole night and it’s already 7 am in the morning!

I stood up and enter the bathroom. My office is almost my house now. I have clothes here and my things. Because when my cases are piled up I don’t have time to go home and rest so I always choose to stay here instead. 

When I got finish cleaning myself up I sat back on my seat. I was about to turned my laptop on when Inspector Kyline went in.

“Detective, didn’t you heard the news?” she said that made me confused.

“What news?” I asked.

“There’s a murder case that happened last night. A student got killed while walking home. The police said that it was a case of bullying.” 

“Did the murderer get jailed already?” I asked.

“No. the suspect is also a minor.”  She said. I stopped for a while. Knowing that the suspect is still a minor you would realize the world is becoming more evil now. Even minor can do such evil things. Being a criminal wouldn’t define you whether you are still a child or adult. Everyone could be a criminal without anyone noticing it.

I got distracted when Inspector Kyline went nearer and put a folder under my table. I looked at her in confused eyes.

“What is it?” I asked. She sighed and stared at me.

“You should see the crime scene, Detective Lux.” My brows furrowed at what she said.

“What are trying to say, Inspector?” I asked a bit tensed now. Is it possible that it’s also connected to the case of Mr. Rosario and Jean Fajardo’s death?

“Look at the pictures.” She stated. I looked at the folder she gave and I immediately take a look at it. I saw the pictures of Mr. Rosario’s corpse and there is something on his pulse. It was a tattoo of a three black lines. The next picture is Jean Fajardo’s corpse and when I look at her pulse my eyes widened when I saw the same tattoo! The color black ink of three lines!

“Damn…” I whispered. In the next page is the student’s corpse that Inspector Kyline was talking about. I looked at his pulse also and my lips parted when I saw the same tattoo!