/THE THORNS/

-EPISODE 6.

~/ DANIELLE TURNER /~

Gripping the thorns hurts, but you won't bleed forever. And if you hold on to the rose, it will forever be yours.

That's what someone from a show on the telly said.
Does it apply to my life? NO.
Is it a rather pleasant thought to have? Absolutely.

False.

Oh, shut up.

"Honey, take a BREAK! Have some brownies!" I'm shouting at him because his school is on a week's break for half term and Roman has not taken a rest for a single second since... I don't even know. And it's the 28th now so that has regressed from making me proud to making me worry. But again, he doesn't even hear me. He's just busy doing running and jumping and bodily practices.

"Yo, Mama, can't you see he's working hard?!" shouts Lucy-Ella. I cannot believe my Lucy-Ella just addressed me with 'yo, mama'. I also cannot tell if she's being serious but I feel pressed to run out there and pull her ears to remind her just who she's talking to.

But since she wants me gone, she can get the container from the side of the field for all I bother. I'm walking back to the house.

From the field outside, the house we live in resembles a large hotel or a conference building. One section on the right has this odd trapezium sort of shape but there's something strange and contemporarily appealing about that as well.

Also, I'm worried about Roman. Was it about me saying "Julianna"? He hasn't spoken to me since then. He's just... decreased. Was it something personal? I just don't know anything about his life, but I suppose that's fair. I just have nobody to speak to anymore but my memoirs.

My memoirs make a wonderful companion. I even got the glasses to get me in the groove and I think I need a hat too. I have written letters, poetry and the stories of my life thus far.

Well, maybe poetry is a little bit of a stretch because I only have one piece penned and it's very short:
Oh, to be alive with love.
Or dead.

I'm in the house before I know it and in the kitchen, Martha is preparing the soup, even though I specifically said I would do it myself.

"Martha, what are you doing?" The question escapes with a far harsher tone than I had hoped.

She's a little far so she tries to block my view of the pan.
"My Lady, please—"

"D-"

"Danielle, please... rest. Before he left, the young ma—"

—"Martha, go watch the telly. Now. That's a command," I command, and with face pale, she leaves and I am trembling from the feeling of controlling a fellow human.

Kavi, was all this really necessary?

I wish all of them would just leave and live their own lives and dreams. I can still clean a house without help, and I can definitely still prepare this silly soup.

I had a piece in my memoirs about how Seb's parents loved me. My own father is still... unwell but I'm sure he does too. Meely... my sister, she never has.

Within water.. is stability.

And water is always available to me.

~/•/

5:11 (P.M)

"Hello there, Romeo. Looking well exercised! Remember to drink some water." I flaunt my glass at that.