Forced invitation

Jason

Just like any other day, I wake up in my penthouse and get ready for work, where I spend most of my time. 5 years ago I started a construction company named JAX Constructions with my two best friends Xandar and Alex and now we are doing very well. I spend most of my time working and when I find myself in any club, I consider two monkey's dragging me there because they think that I am a workaholic. They always try to make my life entertaining and bring any girl into my life, but they always fail miserably. I prefer my girl to be passionate, intelligent, caring and most importantly her eyes. When you look into those eyes you should feel content and forget the stressful day. Well, I am perfect without any girl; in my life. Why do you need someone first?

As I entered the office building, I was greeted by Will, my assistant. On my floor only Xandar, Alex and their assistants are allowed to enter. I was working on my dream project and suddenly the door of the office swung open with a loud thud entering two men in the office. As usual these two monkeys are never going to knock on the door, Xandar and Alex. We are friends from high school so they are more than brothers to me. They greeted me good morning with unison.   

"We have a problem,” Alex Fumed while looking at me. I was going to open my mouth to ask what it was but Xandar didn’t give me a chance.

“We need a team of people who know about nature" that is a little weird to listen to. But why do we need someone with that knowledge? 

“What is the problem? Why do we need someone with that knowledge? We have a construction company. '' I asked both of them. Short tempered Alex is still furrowing his eyebrows.

“The land we bought for the Paradise project is registered as an eco-friendly zone by the government. So, we cannot do construction on that land. Alex mumbled sadly and they took the seat opposite of mine. He knows the importance of that project. My mom wants a residence building there to bring people close to nature. I cannot tolerate any mistakes in this project. They must know whom they are messing with.      

“At the time of buying there was no such law, contact our lawyer, so we don't have to face any further problem “After listening to this they are so shocked.

“Jason we never did something like this, we cannot keep the reputation of Jax on line and more important this is for Aunt Stella, she won't like the way ". Xandar yelled at me, standing up from his chair in agitation. He is right; we can’t do such a thing if mom’s name is connected with. It will be a huge issue on TV and stuff, which will only lead to degrading the name of jax. There must be another way to solve this problem. We had a contract with the government and every contract has loopholes. If we are able to find the loopholes in it, then we can control the government laws in this matter. We just have to find a person who knows better about Environmental Laws and things. We just need to redraft the contract and convince them to approve it with the benefits of their consent. They will agree to that as it will be beneficial for their campaigns as elections are on the verge but still they will not be convinced easily. We need to work on everything again.       

''I agree with you but this is my dream project, I am not going to drop that idea. We have to find loopholes in laws and create a team of suitable people who deal with such situations of sustainable buildings." Now their faces are relaxed.

“Ok. I will inform the HR department regarding this.” Xandar slid down on a chair as we solved the problem. They formed a goofy smile on their faces and stole glances from each other with a knowing smile on their faces. They are hiding something from me. Definitely they are planning something against me. I have to be prepared for that.

“What are you guys holding, burp it out now." I announced them with a suspicious look in my eyes, reclining on the chair with sipping coffee in my hand. Xandar is trying to suppress his laughter and avoiding looking in at me.      

“Uncle James hasn't called you yet, right?” Alex questioned while trying to control his laughing but couldn’t as he saw my blank face.

“Well, we liked it a lot, we are ready, and we even packed our bags two days ago." They looked over excited for something and packed bags? Are they going somewhere? Good for me. My work will go without their hindrances. How is dad involved in it?     

“What did dad tell you?" I get a very weird feeling from their facial reaction, something like it related to me. I have to be careful around them. I was going to force them to tell me but there was a knock on the door and it opened showing Will.

“Sir, you have a lunch appointment with your father, after 30 min." Then he nodded and left the office. Then I heard only loud guffaws from them. Dad took an appointment, he can call me right.

“Even if he called you, you were not going to meet him." Like they can read my mind Alex said that they both left the office while laughing.

I called Gabe, my driver and drove to the restaurant. When I reached the restaurant, a girl welcomed me with a large smile and escorted me to my table while swinging her bottom towards me. Mentally face palming me, I ignored her behavior. Father was there drinking his red wine in his left hand and checking phone in right hand.

"Dad, you have my number right then why do you take an appointment from will?” I asked in a little irritating tone. He hugged me tightly.

“What do you expect? I have a workaholic son, and besides I have good news." He is so excited about the news that it's getting suspicious to me, now what he is planning is that Xandar and Alex are also grinning all the time. I can smell problems ahead of me in the form of good news. We both took seats and ordered.   

“I am not getting into an arranged marriage, '' I joked at him boldly. Listening to this he started laughing and said “there is weeding but not yours son." I relaxed a lot, hearing my relaxing signing he again started laughing. Now dad was serious.   

"Son, why don't you behave like this with any other women, expand your circle son. There's a world outside the office, family and two monkeys." Dad refers to Xandar and Alex as monkeys. Listening to this I started laughing uncontrollably. Like dad, like son.

“Who is getting married?" I asked him. He is showing a thousand dollar smile on his face. I understood that this is important for him.

“Shudhha is getting married to Jason, Shudhha." Now I am confused about who Shudhha is. He showed disbelief on his face, witnessing my confused face.     

“Shuddha, daughter of Ramesh, my friend." Dad has his best friends Ramesh and Prakash in India. He loves them like brothers. He goes there to meet them monthly taking a 12 hr long flight. I never visited India. He always nagged me to come with him but I always refused saying work. He met them on his business trip but got connected deeply. He wanted me to introduce them to their friends and family, but I always ignored them. I only know Ramesh and Prakash uncle's name, as he didn’t stop talking about them. But I still don't understand how this is connected with me and my friends.

“So, you are going to India again." I started and the reply stunned me.     

"Not me my son, WE" He pressed on us very loudly and my eyes widened, is he serious? And he started again

“Shudhha is like my daughter so I am going their today, 5 days before marriage, and you and your friends are coming a day before marriage." He nearly ordered.

"You can keep Xandar and Alex. I have a problem with the Paradise project here." I will try to negotiate with him.

“Son, you are working a lot lately, I have asked Will and Xandar and Alex also complaining about your working habits. And besides I have given my word to them so you are coming to Delhi by hook or crook." He explained and I have no other argument over that when he stated that he had given a word. Means I am going to India to attend the wedding ceremony of Shuddha. No escape this time.

We completed our lunch and he left directly to the airport. The jet was ready for him. And we are taking mine to Delhi after 3 days from today. And I am banned from working during my small vacation.

Hope you enjoyed reading it.
Please support my work by voting.
Reyana