Nine: Ceremony

"Hello my love." Tsu'tey gently moved his fingers over my cheek as I opened my eyes. My hands quickly wrapped around him, burying my fingers in his hair. He smiled, hugging me back and burying his head into my neck. "I understand now."

Mo'at... I lifted my head to stare at her nervously. She walked over to me and I instinctively moved back, Tsu'tey watching her closely. "If you're going to say something bad-"

"I want to help." Mo'at took us by surprise and I looked at her in shock while trying to move toward her. "Y-you really mean that Mo'at? You'll save me from them?"

"Yes... I see how Tsu'tey truly feels about you. He's happy with you. More happy then he was with Neytiri." She smiled at me, her hands cupping my cheeks. "Venus, I'm sorry for the pain I put you through with Tanoit. I did not know that he was like that..."

"N- no it's okay, I-"

"It's not okay. Let me make this right." She smiled motherly at me, making tears pool in my eyes with a soft nod. Tsu'tey smiled and kissed the back of my neck, his fingers gently rubbing on my side. "But I am curious of something Venus. Do you mind if I ask?"

"Oh.. Um... sure?"

"The markings... They're new." She touched the side of her face and chest, making me let out a confused sound. Tsu'tey moved back, coming back with a mirror and holding it up. There indeed where new markings... the leaves on my cheek and moon on my chest with the sun behind it. Whoa... I didn't know that it would change to this form. But what's with this moon... "I'm not sure..."

"I see, Tsu'tey it is time for you to take the new hunters to get their ikran. Venus, on the night of the ceremony. We shall transfer your body, but you'll need get your other body here. Do you think you can do that?"

"One way or another I'll get it here."

"Why hello there," I smiled at the Thanator who was waiting for me. He stood up proudly at seeing me, my hands gently scratching the side of his cheek and getting a purr in return. "I've missed you too."

I put the saddle on his back, tightening it so it wouldn't fall but making sure that it wouldn't hurt him. My hands held onto the handles, crouching down as I connected the bond. He took off running, paws thundering against the forest ground.

The night beauty welcoming us, plants glowing and keeping paths lit for us. Stars twinkling in the sky, Polyphemus shining in the sky with a couple moons shown with it. Grace told me that Polyphemus has 14 moons so it's known to see a few at a time when looking up at Polyphemus. Polyphemus... That's an interesting word to say.

The thanator jumped the gap, continuing to run through the forest smoothly. His sleek black skin hiding within the night. My ear twitched, pulling on his on the bond slightly. Pulling him to a stop, his body crouching in the shadows and hiding as the patrol trotted besides our hiding spot. "I know I saw someone running this way, find them. They may be a danger to the tribe."

I could feel him begin to get angry, sensory quills beginning to stand. My hand leaned down, gently rubbing my hand over his neck while whispering softly, "Calm down Sun..."

He lowered his guard, eyes watching the hunting party go by. I sat up softly, looking close. That's not my tribe... How far did Sun run? "Easy, let's get back to the tribe before Tsu'tey panics."

Sun carefully left the bush, walking silently over the grass. Suddenly, my head ducked at hearing the wizzing sound and turning back with hissing to see the hunting party with bows pulled back to me. Sun began to get angry again, lowering into an attack position and I kept a hand against his neck. "Do you want to explain what you're doing on our territory?"