Chapter 8

After the incident I couldn't stop thinking about what Harry did for me.

Feral alphas are really dangerous, I'm sure Harry was well aware of that but still he saved me without a second thought.

He could have gotten badly injured or worse but he didn't even hesitate to get the alpha away from me.

I don't know exactly what came over me when I jumped into his arms, hugging him as I started to cry.

I had expected Harry to pull away but instead he pulled me closer, keeping me safe in his arms until I calmed down.

The strange thing was that even while I was terrified of having alpha's anywhere near me because of my past,with Harry it was different.

I wasn't scared of him because he was an alpha, I was scared because of how I felt when I was around him.

Whenever Harry was close to me I felt safe and happy but whenever we would touch some sort of electric shock would course through my veins, leaving me shocked and breathless.

Having never had any feelings or experiences even remotely close to this I was scared, scared because I didn't know what it meant.

Maybe I could ask my mother about it when I come home from school today, I'm sure she would know right?

Just when the last bell rang indicating the end of the school day the weather decided to be a bitch, resulting in pouring rain and strong gusts of wind slamming against the buildings.

I silently cursed at myself for not checking the weather reports and deciding to walk to college instead of taking the car today.

Just as I was about to sacrifice my perfectly white vans by just running home as fast as I could, a hand on my shoulder stopped me in my tracks.

An electric shock once again coursed through my veins and I immediately knew who it was.

'Did you walk to school today?' I heard Harry ask as he removed his hand from my shoulder.

'I did, but I most certainly didn't expect that it would be pouring today though.' I answered as I slightly turned my head to look at Harry who had stepped up beside me.

Harry just smiled at me and motioned to a car not too far away from where we were safely standing under a small roof in front of the school's entrance.

I was confused about what he meant for a second before Harry suddenly grabbed my hand and began running to the car, telling me that it was okay and that he would take me home.

I was speechless, not really knowing if this was because of the pairing for class or if something else was going on.

Besides me giving the directions to my house, the car ride was completely silent.

It wasn't an uncomfortable silence though, with the music softly playing and the calming sounds of the rain hitting the car softly in the background.

A sudden wave of fatigue washed over me as I leaned my head against the window, watching the scenery pass by for a while before closing my eyes.

Because I had my eyes closed I didn't notice Harry staring at me every once in a while, only opening my eyes every slightly sometimes to check if we were still going the right way.

As soon as we reached my house nerves began to overtake my mind.

I carefully turned to Harry, thanking him for taking me home and asking if he wanted to come in for a bit.

Harry once again smiled at me and told me he would love to come in for a while, resulting in the both of us getting out of the car and running to the front porch dodging as much raindrops as we could.

Once inside the house I yelled to let my mom know I was home and that we had a guest, before my mother responded that she was in the kitchen.

After taking off my shoes I walked into the kitchen, Harry following closely behind me.

I greeted my mom with a kiss on her cheek before I turned around to introduce her to Harry.

My mother turned around and engulfed Harry in one of her infamous hugs, going on and on about how happy she was to meet one of my friends.

I blushed, embarrassed at my moms antics but luckily Harry didn't seem to mind it as he smiled and greeted my mom.

After the pretty embarrassing encounter we sat down at the kitchen table with some tea, talking about things like college and Harry's family.

It turned out that my mother had known Harry's parents for a very long time, they went to the same school but when my mother's family moved the contact slowly came to a stop.

We had been talking for about two hours before Harry had to go.

I stood up and walked Harry to the door, saying goodbye before he got in his car and drove off.

'He is really nice.' My mom stated as I walked back into the kitchen.

Trying to avoid the topic I mumbled back that he was indeed really nice before I said I was going to wash up for dinner, disappearing up the stairs.

As I came back downstairs sitting down at the kitchen table though, I couldn't help but ask my mom about the feeling I got whenever I was with Harry.

What I didn't expect however was for my mother to say that things like that normally only happened between soulmates when they would find each other.