So pretending to be asleep as she poked and called at me was harder than expected, especially since I've missed her presence.

I grumbled, putting on a show, almost causing myself to laugh in the process.

"I brought food!" She giggled.

With the mention of food, my stomach growled involuntarily.

"Mhmmm, that's what I thought. Stop ignoring me!"

I chucked and turned over, looking up at my beautiful beloved.

"What time is it?" I asked, feigning sleep in my voice.

"Umm, maybe 3 am? Not really sure," she giggled and bounced next to me on the bed, which in turn led Tara to start giggling off the hook.

I looked down at the large plate sat in Delilah's lap to see two burgers with fries covering the rest of the plate.

"Mmm, you know me so well..." I licked my lips and reached for the food.

She backed the plate away and giggled.

"I want love first, please!" She looked up under her lashes with puppy eyes.

Of course I gave in. I was wanting love as well, so it was a win for both of us.

I grabbed the plate and put it on the table next to the bed. After I crawled back to Delilah, I picked her up and sat her in my lap.

She clung to my and stuck her face in my neck.

I smiled to myself and rubbed her back.

She was such a big baby sometimes.

Several moments passed with the two of us holding on to each other before my stomach growled loudly again, causing the both of us to erupt in laughter.

I reached over and grabbed the tray before Delilah and I devoured the food.

The way we were eating, you'd think we went weeks without a meal .

But these times, the times where we are together and just hanging out, these are the best memories to be made.

The mate bond is a powerful thing, but me and Delilah are so far beyond that.

We are beyond love.

We were created for each other.

My soul was barred to hers.

She made me weak. She made me vulnerable. She had me wrapped around her little finger.

"Zac? Can you hear me?" Delilah had a concerned look on her face.

"Huh?" I shook my head and shoved another bite of burger in my mouth.

"I said, let's go to Paris! Doesn't that sound so romantic and exciting?"

"Anything you want, my queen."

Once I responded, a smile spread over her lips and she sighed. She picked Tara off of the floor where she was playing with some toys and took her into the bathroom.

Once I was alone, my mind wandered to her wings.

I still couldn't get over the size.

My mate truly was one of a kind.

I snapped my fingers , causing the plates to disappear. I got up and was heading toward the bathroom when Delilah walked out with a sleeping Tara.

"That was fast," I laughed. The child was just talking to herself, and here she lay passed out in my mates arms.

"I know right," Delilah whispered. I watched as she lay Tara back into her crib and look to me.