Chapter 2

I step out of my room and follow the smell of breakfast to the kitchen. I take a plate from Jane and quickly eat it. "So I heard you're coming with us tonight" Erik mentions as I take a drink of orange juice. "Yeah Jane wants me to be there, if that's alright with you Erik"
He nods "of course Ava, I'm surprised she even convinced you to be there; I know how much you like your beauty sleep."
I smile and lightly slap him on the arm before taking my half eaten plate back to Jane who was still in the kitchen. "Are you sure you don't want more?" She asks taking it off of me.
"I'm sure, I need to start sketching before we go out tonight" she nods and let's me go. I walk to my art studio pausing only to kiss Erik on the head and say bye to Darcy.
__________________________
I spend the rest of the day sketching Loki from second part of the dream, detailing his face before adding the only bit of colour to his eyes to make them a vibrant emerald green.

__________________________I spend the rest of the day sketching Loki from second part of the dream, detailing his face before adding the only bit of colour to his eyes to make them a vibrant emerald green

(Imagine the eyes are green)
I sigh and lean back in my chair, why couldn't I be normal? Have normal dreams rather than a mystical world that seemed to come out of nowhere. I read once that people in dreams are made up of your brain remembering someone you've met or seen. For the record I've never seen these people in my life and even though I'm an artist I don't think I'm capable of making up an entire world for these characters exist then dream about them interacting. I rub my eyes and check on a recent painting of a palace
that has shown up a couple of times. "Ava?" Darcy says as she walks into my studio. "It's time to go"
I nod, pack up and walk with Darcy out to Jane's science van.
__________________________
It had been hours since we left the lab and so far we had seen nothing. I sat in the back with Erik whilst Jane and Darcy were in front. I was beginning to nod off when a peculiar light caught my eye. I turned to see the clouds moving and growing closer as the light got brighter. "Jane? I think you want to see this" Darcy says and Jane scrambles to the front of the van to see the phenomenon. "Go" Jane shouts and Darcy floors it as Jane records the event. I clung to the door handle as the van swerved due to Darcy and Jane arguing, I let out a small scream when someone hit the side of the van where I was. It was silent for a beat before we scrambled out of the car to see who we had hit. "I think legally that was your fault" Darcy states, running from the van. "Get the first aid kit" I order and crouch down by Jane to get a look at the guy. "Do me a favour and don't be dead" Jane pleads as he looks up at her with a confused expression. He jumps but still continues to look at Jane, I try to see more of his face and see familiar features. I shot up from the ground and take several steps back. Darcy and Jane don't notice because they're too enamoured by his looks but Erik gives me a weird look.

My hands slightly shake as I look down, this can't be happening, Thor was just meant to be a figment of my imagination nothing more but here he was in the flesh. Does that mean everything I saw is true as well, if so it can't be on Earth so Thor is from another planet, he's an alien?

I'm not really paying attention to the conversation until Thor staggers upright and starts to shout. "Oh my god, Erik, look at this!" Jane exclaims whilst I move forward a little, keeping my eyes on Thor. "We have to move quickly before this all changes"
I snap my head to her, "Jane we have to take him to the hospital" I say becoming more confidant.
"Heimdall! I know you can hear me! Open the bifrost!" Thor started to shout once again. He then turns to Erik. "You, what realm is this? Alfheim? Nornheim?"
Nornheim? "You're on Earth" I speak up; Thor turns his attention to me and storms towards me, I slightly stumble back intimated by his height. "Midgard? Are we on Midgard?" He demands getting closer, I shrink and try to get away from him, not truly understanding what he is saying. Just as he reached me, he stopped and shuddered falling on top of me causing me to catch him and try to hold onto him. I look at Darcy with a thankful look whilst the others give her a pointed look. "What? He was freaking me out"
I smile and try to hoist Thor up so I won't drop him, Erik came to help me so did Darcy but Jane kept trying to gather samples. "That's fine Darcy but maybe next time you taser someone wait till they are in the car" I say as we manage to get Thor into the car and slam the door.

As we drive off to the hospital I lean back against the side of the door and let out a big sigh. What the hell is going on?