Chapter 16: Magic Showdown

Depuis le début

Natsu suddenly bent on the ground and picked up a set of keys...My Keys!! He then handed it over to me and said, "Prepare yourself, Lucy Heartfilia. For we are going to have a MAGIC SHOWDOWN".

"What? Magic Showdown?! Does that mean that I have to... fight you?", I said to Natsu. "Yes, yes indeed. I want to see what you're capable of doing. And were going to find out". I was about to say no, when a spark of fire ignited my boots. "Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!", I screamed while trying to put out the flame. Natsu has laugh hysterically, seeing my condition.

"Alright!! If it's a battle you want. Then it's a battle you'll get", I said, determined to defeat Natsu. He sensed that I was really fired up, so he positioned himself into his fighting stance. I was getting ready myself. Checking my whip was still clinging on my belt, and my celestial keys in my hands. I whispered to it saying, "Help me on this one guys. I need to get Natsu back to normal". They suddenly glowed. That must've meant my spirits heard what I've said.

Natsu scowled and said, "Enough babbling! Let's do this...". He charged me with his Karyuu No Tekken (Fire Dragon Iron Fist), but using my quick feet, I was able to dodge his attack. Then, I used the opportunity to summon one of my spirits. I waved one of my keys and chanted, "Gate of the Golden Bull, I open thee... Taurus!". A large cow holding a giant ax appeared in front of me.

"Moooooo! How may I assist you, Ms. Lovely Body?", Taurus exclaimed. I inhaled a deep breath and exclaimed, "I want you to hit Natsu in the head as hard as you could...". Taurus became confused. "But Miss Lucy, isn't he...?". I just raised my hand. He quickly understood what I meant. Taurus quickly went into battle mode after that. He charged towards Natsu with all his might, about to give a blow but Natsu evaded the attack by using his hands as support while jumping over the ax.

He then performed a Karyuu No Houkou (Roar of The Fire Dragon) in midair, making Taurus fall flat on the ground. "I-I'm sorry Miss Lucy... I can't...". After that, he returned to the Spirit World. "Thank you for your help, Taurus", I said while holding his key. I glanced back at Natsu. He was just standing there, being impatient as always, his arms both crossed.

"Physical attacking won't do any good", I thought. "Maybe if I try to...", I suddenly found myself holding a silver key. I stared at it. I have no choice... It's either this, or defeat. Natsu noticed me holding the key and laughed. "Hahaha! Oh Lucy. As I recall, you don't have any powerful Spirit who owns a silver key. Why don't you just summon Loke? That way, we could see who's stronger. Or do you plan to summon Plue? And make him do a little dance in front of me? Hahaha!! Admit it! You lose..".

I shook my head. "No, not this time. Because I have a different approach". I held the silver key and exclaimed,

"Open, the Gate of the Lyre, Lyra!". A girl holding a giant golden harp and had small wings growing out of her back appeared. "Eh? Miss Lucy! I thought you forgot about me already!!", said Lyra, who was waving her hands up and down continously. "Why would I forget about you Lyra? I would never forget my spirits. I consider them as my Nakama (friend). Lyra was about to cry, when I suddenly said, "Listen. I need your help on this one. If all else fails, Natsu would never regain his senses. And me, along with them (I pointed at Erza's direction) will be completely killed".

Lyra wiped her tears, and her expression became serious. "Alright Miss Lucy. Please tell me what I need to do...". I smiled at her, feeling at ease. "What I need you to do...

...Is sing". Lyra's eyes widdened. I continued to speak.

"We need to,

I glared at our enemy, who was looking kind of confused on what was happening.

...Wake Natsu up!"

-End of Chapter 16