Lost In A Daydream

Brian was skeptical of the story that Lucius told him, but this was the first glimmer of hope he had received of the possibility of making it back to Earth. A chance to make it back home seemed too good to be true. This confused him, he expected he would be thrilled by this new found opportunity, but in reality he was disappointed. Brian had already accepted that this was now his life, and he couldn't fathom having to go back to the daily grind that was needed on Earth.

Lucius was more than willing to converse with Brian as this was the first human he had encountered or spoken to in over a hundred years. He could relate to what Brian was going through being thrown into this unknown world. On the other hand, Lucius was quite envious that Brian still was in human form. Now thrust into the spotlight of this kingdom torn apart, Lucius began to resent the way he looked. This was evident by how he tried to keep hidden underneath his large cloak, regardless of the time of day.

Borris proved to be more than just an empty pit he shoved food into, his height and strength was found to be incredibly useful as he assisted the remaining village rabbits in attempting to reassemble the village walls. What would take half a dozen rabbits to accomplish, Borris could do with one arm. Usually a solitary creature, he actually enjoyed the company of these rabbits. It was a rare occasion for him to be able to hold a conversation without the other animal running away. The rabbits as well were grateful to have the bear helping them out. They did their best to oblige the constant requests for snacks, but they were making progress none the less.

The Wolfmonger's were the first to notice that the Skytrotters were approaching. They let Brian know with a coarse bark. Everyone stopped what they were doing and gathered round as the flock of raven's made their descent into the remains of Hareville. Peter's little head could be seen poking up and over the large wingspan of Tiny as they made their landing. Razor's approach appeared a bit wobbly as his wings shuttered and he landed with a thud and a plume of dust. He shook off his wing's and immediately stole the scene.

"What happened to this place? You could see the smoke plumes from miles away. That stinking weasel really did a number here. Where's that human with the small marbles, did he actually make it back? The stones on that guy, marching right up to the top of that mountain to see us." Razor blurted out to whoever was willing to listen.

Brian acknowledged Razor as Tiny engulfed him in a huge bird embrace, lifting his feet of the ground and swinging him back and forth. After the greetings and introductions were done, the group turned to find Marcus. He had been watching and listening from a distance, all while devising their next plan. As soft spoken as Marcus had been since returning to Hareville, he knew that these animals needed his leadership now more than ever.

"You all know why you are here. The kingdom is on the verge of collapse and Captain Blackfoot must be stopped. Many of you have offered your services on the hope of another chance. Some of you have risked your life just to get this far. Others have been forced into this situation and not by choice. No matter what your reason for being here, today we come together as one. This is for your parents and everything they went through. This is for your friend, brother or sister that is no longer with us. This is for your future kids and the world you leave behind. I ask all of you to join me in defeating Captain Blackfoot and uniting the animal kingdom. The time has come for you all to put your lives on the line and bring peace back to this place. If we work together now, we will all be able to enjoy this world in harmony for many more generations. Get your rest now, we march towards Oxbow at midnight. Surprise will be on our side. God speed to you all." Marcus preached as he watched his audience eagerly listen.

Shortly after, Marcus retreated back into the rubble of his fortress. He needed to be alone with his thoughts to try and conquer this internal battle. Marcus could not show weakness tomorrow, or it may cost them all their lives.