xxxvii. 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚜, 𝚍𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚒

Почніть із самого початку

Fury laughed even harder. "You didn't answer my question. How are things with Mr. Barnes?"

"He's good. We're good. Working through things, you know?" she said as Bucky gave her a what the hell are you doing? look. "How's being dead?"

"Oh, great," Fury commented. "It's always a good conversation starter to talk about how your husband tried to kill me." Evelyn rolled her eyes. "No hard feelings, of course. Now, I'm sending you coordinates. You'll fly there alone and provide assistance. I assure you that your soldier can survive a few days on his own."

Evelyn smirked. "I don't work for you anymore, Director."

"Well, a certain group that you're familiar with just got their asses handed to them, so I'd appreciate all of the help I can get. Two hours, I know you're in the states. I'll meet you there," Fury said before ending the call.

Evelyn groaned, leaning her head back. Bucky eyed her, his staring really making her uncomfortable. "Okay, I'll bite," she said, letting her head fall to gaze at him. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Nick Fury? The man I killed?"

"Surprise!" Evelyn said weakly. "You didn't kill him. Close!"

Bucky gave her a deadpanned look.

"He needs me to go," her phone dinged with coordinates, "there. I'll only be gone a few days at most." She noticed Fury had sent her a quinjet to fly.

Bucky frowned. "I don't like you going off without me," he admitted. "What if something happens?"

Evelyn smiled at him, leaning forward to kiss him once. "To you or to me?"

"Both."

"You have a phone. My number is the only number in it, so you shouldn't have a problem texting me," Evelyn said. "I'll call you as often as I can."

Bucky shook his head, running a hand through his messy hair. "Where are you even going?"

Evelyn searched the coordinates, furrowing her eyebrows. "Somewhere in Missouri."

Bucky smirked at her confused expression. "How does Fury know about me?"

"He knows everything, sadly. It's a gift and a curse," Evelyn admitted as she stood up to go get dressed. Bucky followed her into the bedroom, wincing when he saw the small crack in the wall from Evelyn's head.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, Bucky watched Evelyn get dressed into jeans and a tight shirt before placing a sweater on top of it. Quickly braiding half her hair, she let the rest flow in waves. She grabbed her phone, wallet, and sunglasses, and she turned to Bucky.

"I'm taking a different jet, so if you feel unsafe, fly mine somewhere new. Just send me the coordinates," she informed him. "I love you."

Bucky hummed as she kissed him once then kissed him twice before he said, "I love you, doll."

He ran his hand over her face with a small smile as she began to back away. "Anything you need, call me, okay?"

"Okay."

She smiled again, finding it impossible to leave him. She was absolutely nervous, and Bucky sensed it. "I'm not going anywhere, Lyn. If I do, you'll be the first to know."

Evelyn nodded. "I just don't want you disappearing on me again," she whispered.

"I'm right here," Bucky promised.

Evelyn smiled tightly at him as she finally made herself leave the apartment. When she made it outside, she snorted a laugh at the Quinjet that flew down to land in front of her. Mumbling under her breath, she jumped into the open hatch to see no one inside of it.

"Hello?"

"G-Good morning, Mrs. B-Barnes," Jarvis said, but he was glitchy and malfunctioning.

Evelyn smiled though as she thought nothing of it, having disconnected Jarvis when Tony threatened to use him to find her a few weeks ago.

"Good morning, J, you flew this?" she asked, getting into the pilot's seat.

"C-Coordinates are already locked in by—by the–by Mr. Fury."

Evelyn made sure she had full control of the jet since Jarvis seemed to be malfunctioning. The flight was quick, easy in the air as not many planes were flying that day. She furrowed her eyebrows as she saw a large field of land and a single house and a shed sitting on it. She realized that was where she was going, and she had no idea where this place was. Whose house was this?

When the Quinjet landed, she snorted a laugh at the people filing out of the house to see who the hell was landing. They all held their weapons as if it was a threat. On the porch, she smirked at Nick Fury watching in amusement.

When the hatch opened, she rose her hands in mock surrender at all of the weapons pointed at her. "I swear I'm here on good terms, what's with the hostility?"

Steve dropped his shield with a sigh of relief as she looked over her sunglasses with a playful look in her eyes.