Epilogue

-Sophie-

"28, 29, 30! Ready or not here I come!" Sophie yelled into the now empty living room. She turned around, and looked around the room. There was no one in sight, but she could feel it in her that they were close. She closed her eyes and concentrated on finding them. The first person she found was Dex, hiding behind the counter of the kitchen.

"I thought you would be better at this. Maybe use some gadget or something," She laughed and helped him up.

"No fair!" He said, brushing the dirt off his knees. "I'll make sure you don't use your abilities to find the others."

"What? Why? It takes the fun out of it." Sophie complained.

"No," Dex said "You take the fun out of it when you find us so quickly."

She rolled her eyes but kept walking. She couldn't use her very useful powers now but when she was finding Dex, she could feel someone else hiding nearby. She opened the storage closet in the kitchen and found Keefe smiling back at her. 

"Hey there, Foster. What's up? Found anything cute, blond and funny since the game started?" He wiggled his eyebrows. 

"Yeah, I found Dex." She heard Dex snort from behind her, and she smiled victoriously at him. 

"It's fine," Keefe said coming out of the closet. "You get to tell me I'm cute and funny any day, poor Dexy doesn't get that privilege." 

"I don't need it anyway, I've got Marella to tell me I'm funny." 

Sophie laughed. "She's never said you're funny- or anyone for that matter." 

"She says I'm funny! She also says I'm smart and pretty and-"

"Yeah, yeah. Back in the real world, we have to find everyone else. This hide and seek game isn't as fun as I thought it would be, though." Keefe crossed his arms. 

"First, what I was saying is true Mr. Know-It-All," Dex's voice sounded a little offended, and Sophie had to contain her laugh. Dex and Marella had been...friendly with each other lately. They had never confirmed they were dating or anything but Sophie and everyone else knew there was something going on. "Second, it's only not-fun because you were found. I bet Biana must be hiding in this very room laughing at our obliviousness,"

"Right, and I would be able to find her if you let me use my abilities..." Sophie deadpanned, but didn't continue since a faint giggle caught her mid-sentence. 

She felt Keefe get close to her ear and whisper "She's here." She felt a chill go through her spine. She'd never get used to it. 

They carefully walked out the door trying to find Biana, if that was even possible. Why did this feel like a very lame Walmart version of a scary movie? 
Dex swung his arms in the air to see if he could touch her and Sophie gave him a look.

 "What? You got any better ideas for finding her?" He whispered.

"In fact-" 

"Something other than your abilities." He caught her off. 

"Fine." Sophie started swinging her arms like Dex. 

"Ow." Someone had hit Biana. She probably thought it was best to become visible since she was found, so that's what she did. She appeared right next to Keefe and Sophie went in for a high-five while he went for a kiss, so he ended up kissing the palm of her hand. She raised an eyebrow. He shrugged. 

"You gave yourself out hot stuff, we win." Sophie smiled at Biana. 

"Well, you won't find Tam, or Linh, or Fitz, or Marella, or Tam!" Biana said confidently.

"You already said Tam," Dex pointed out. 

"Yeah well," She got a little nervous. "he's just great at hiding, mhm." 

"Sureeeeeeeee," Keefe dragged out the word. "Let's go."

-A few minutes of intense searching later-

"Come out Fitz! We got you cornered!" Dex shouted to the alicorns' pastures. 

"This isn't one of those life or death old cop movies, you know." Sophie whispered to Dex. 

"I know but I feel so cool! I wanna say that phrase Humans say, 'you have a right to remain silent. everything you say can and will be used against you on a court of law.' I don't even know what it means but it sounds so dope!" 

Sophie shook her head and laughed, bless his soul

She turned back to where Fitz was supposedly hiding. "Yeah Fitz! Come out already!" 

"We're hungry c'mon!" Keefe contributed, until Fitz came out from behind Calla's Panakes Tree. Honestly, Sophie wasn't sure why he was the last one to be found, he was hidden in plain sight. 

"Alright, alright! I'm here." Fitz sighed and held his hands high. Dex smiled victoriously and said the famous cop line he so badly wanted to say. 

"Yes! Let's go have lunch!" Keefe grabbed Sophie's waist and spun her around. She thought it was very out of the blue but she loved it. She loved him.

She looked back and Dex was rambling about something to Fitz, but Fitz didn't seem to be paying attention. His eyes were penetrating Sophie with something that seemed too wrong to think about. Hurt. Sophie discarded it quickly, it must've been her who misinterpreted it, after all he said he was over everything so why would there be a problem?

Sophie hugged Keefe's side and they walked back inside. They had been together for almost a month and she was the happiest she could be. Or as happy as she could be with all the problems the Neverseen had caused them, and their awful silence that meant they were up to something very bad. So relatively happy, but Keefe helped her forget all about her problems when they were together. She became a mushy ball of clumsy Sophie whenever he was with her, which to her advantage, Keefe found cute. Sophie...not so much, but they were together and happy and that's all that mattered.
Even Grady had sort of agreed to it! She wasn't allowed to be on Shores of Solace after hours, though. Some other rules were established that kept safe boundaries for them, but she was happy all and all. 

Keefe seemed like he glowed too, but that was too self-complimenting for Sophie to admit so she didn't think about it that much. His dad kind of disapproved, but it was little complicated. Keefe liked their relationship even more because of it. Keefe was always trying to annoy his dad, and this brought him happiness AND made his dad annoyed which was a bonus. Or at least that's what Keefe had told her.
Their friends also seemed to be very accepting, although they weren't very surprised because "they saw it coming" or whatever. 

All in all, she felt like her spirit was revived. She felt energized now. Everything was in its place. She could even sleep at night without the help of Silveny. Everything was perfect. In fact, she felt like it was so perfect she felt like sending Lady Gisela a letter of her own. 

Dear Lady Gisela,

You caused my boyfriend, Keefe (yeah, we're dating, deal with it) a great deal of pain and so you did to me and all my friends. We still found each other, though, it even made us stronger, so thanks for that. 

Please make the Neverseen give us their best attacks so that we have a fair fight. 

I hope you step on gulon poop :)

Sophie