Actually 48

Happy April Fool's Day everyone!

Tell me, did you fall for my fake chapter? Did you get all angry at me for doing that? I sure hope you did MUAHAHAHA. What best disguised April Fool's prank than posting the chapter one day after April 1st?

Don't look at me like that, I wanted to have some fun...
Alright yes, I am evil :>

Fine...this is the actual ending to this story. Sorry not sorry I made you go through that last chapter XD (blame it on the writer of Ms. Sencen? for making a chapter like that in their story ;)

~Kitty

-Keefe-
"I'm telling you, it has to be here!" Keefe's arm stretched as far as it could go under his bed.

"Do you wanna bet it's not there?" Ro answered from her very comfortable position standing up, with her arms crossed on her chest. "If it is there, I'll clean your room as your maid for a week. If it's not, then you have to give Blondie a kiss."

Keefe tried to stand up and scold her, but all he achieved was banging his head on the side of the bed. He came out from under there and looked Ro in the eye. "Fine. Deal. I hope you enjoy cleaning teenage rebel's rooms," he smirked.

"KEEFE!" He turned to the door and found Sophie Foster clutching both sides of the door frame with a crazy look in her eyes. She looked perfect.

"Foster. . . It's late what are you doing here? Come to hang out with the Keefester?" He tried to look as smug as he could, masking his nervousness. He hoped it was working. From the look in Ro's face it wasn't.

"Yes, exactly," Sophie combed her hair with her fingers. "I have to talk to you. . . In private. Do you think we could-" she trailed off.

"Yeah sure. My dad's not here, he went to Candleshade to pick some books up. Let's go outside, we'll have more privacy." Keefe squinted his eyes at a very smug-looking Ro on his way out.

On their way out, Sophie picked something up from a desk near the door. Keefe cursed the second he said yes to Ro's bet. "Hey look, it's your drawing notebook!"

He looked back to Ro who was now mimicking kisses. He was doomed.

"What's wrong with Ro's face?" Sophie asked.

"She was born that way, Foster, don't be rude. Let's go." He pushed her outside before she could figure out what was going on.

"So, what did you wanna talk about?" He casually leaned on the house's column, having Foster face him with her back to the door.

"Well," she laughed nervously. "I found your letter." Foster drew out the envelope Keefe had left for her in her room.

Cool! Let's get married! Keefe wanted to say, but what he said in reality was, "Oh."

"Yeah."

"So?"

"I-" she laughed nervously again.

"Hey, Foster, chill out, no need to flood me with an overwhelming feeling of doom."

"Sorry," She cringed. "Look, what I intend to say is that I'll give you a shot. I'll give us a shot. I know we have our flaws and that one of us keeps running from their problems-"

"I only did that once!" Keefe defended himself, even though he still felt guilty for running away.

Sophie chuckled. "I suppose so. The point is that I want to give you and me a shot. I don't know the last time I did that, honestly. Just take a shot with something without overthinking what the consequences of that might be, or if it's the right decision or just my feelings clouding my judgment." She looked away thoughtfully, then aggressively pulled an eyelash. Keefe flinched; that must've hurt.
He pretended to think, grabbing his chin with one hand and the other supporting it. Like one of those statues they had seen in the Human Cities. He put on his best I'm a famous thinker thinking of the answers to every problem face, then laughed and looked at Foster, who still had that dread aura around her. Literally.