Chapter 15: Diamond Authority

Start from the beginning

Homeworld:

They warped to the outside of the Palace and walked through the doors after being greeted by the amethyst guards at the door. They walked in the conference room and found the three Diamonds already in their chairs with their pearls at their side. Pink's original pearl wasn't controlled by White anymore and she has a crack in her left eye.

She gasped when she saw Pink.

(Pink Diamond) Oh... I didn't think you would be here. White never lets go of anyone willingly with her power.

(White Diamond) I removed my power from her form a while ago. This is just the first time you two met ever since then.

(Pink Diamond) H-hey, pearl.

She remained silent and hid behind White's chair.

(Pink Diamond) I'm sorry.

(Steven) What happened?

(Yellow Diamond) Don't worry about it, Steven. It's just another one of Pink's failures.

(White Diamond) Back onto topic. We want to discuss about Wayne.

(Pink Diamond) What is it about?

(White Diamond) We want Wayne to be a part of the Diamond Authority.

Steven had no idea what the Diamond Authority is, but he does know it means something great if his mother is grinning.

(Pink Diamond) He would make an excellent addition!

(Blue Diamond) Quite an understatement.

(Yellow Diamond) Especially if he's resistant to Blue and White's powers. But with his combat and arsenal, he could possible rebuild our reputation to the galaxy.

(Steven) Reputation to the galaxy?

(Blue Diamond) Oh, right. While we have conquered many planets in our time. We came across planets that are territory to other Intelligent life out there and they seem to be able to defeat us with their armies.

(Yellow Diamond) And we may have disputes, we eventually made a treaty, declaring a truce. And their planet and technology is impressive and even better than ours.

(White Diamond) All we had that was impressive to them was obedient gems.

(Yellow Diamond) Until Pink ruined everything.

(White Diamond) They laughed at us.

(Blue Diamond) And said many hurtful things to us. Some of them still hurt.

(Yellow Diamond) I wasn't lying when I said we were an embarrassment for the last 6,000 years.

(White Diamond) But if we were to introduce Wayne into the Diamond, maybe they'll respect us again.

(Steven) What is the Diamond Authority?

(Pink Diamond) It's like a private court of all the four Diamonds and their pearls.

(Blue Diamond) Oh, we must get him a pearl.

(Yellow Diamond) I'll have one deployed to him immediately.

(Steven) Whoa, whoa, whoa! I'm not sure if he'll join.

(White Diamond) Pardon?

(Steven) Look, I may have the option to call him, but I don't speak for him. And he probably might be busy with things.

(Yellow Diamond) We wouldn't be asking him to attend the Diamond Authority daily. He can still join us and be absent for as long as he would like. But we would only need him for emergency purposes.