Chapter 10: Finishing Touch

A/n: ignore my sloppy excuse of an edit above this - I just tried to give you a more clearer view of the scene! 💖
Alright, carry on!

~The next morning
Still Y/N's POV~

A cold breeze flows onto my skin, waking me of my dreams. Through my eyelids, I can still see the glistening shine of the sun in front of me. Struggling to give in, I reveal my eyes to the world once again and take in the scene outside the window. Damn, that is a beautiful view. The urge to turn around overtakes me as I let my shoulders twist to face a sleeping beauty. But this is even more so.

My face relaxes from a tense position I didn't know I was in, my eyes gazing at the magnificent figure sleeping on the bed beside me. I swear the happiest and widest smile I've ever had springs onto my mouth. Blonde streaks of hair sparkle beside her face; gentle, resting eyes lie breathlessly above the soft, shining lips. The simplest, yet most delicate features of Kara's face suddenly become obvious to me: the small shape engraved above her eyebrows; the tiniest of freckles dotted around the perfect frame of her face. Now this is a sight I can get used to.

"Do I have something on my face?" I hear a cute whisper escape the woman's mouth. Shit-
I lie there as still as a statue, words not managing to form out of my mouth. "I'm messing with you Y/N," she chuckles as her eyes open majestically but with such ease, "Did you sleep well?"
"Better than ever before." I simply say, my smile spreading over to her. I take in a deep breath as well as my surroundings, "There's no place I'd rather be." This makes an even larger grin appear on the Kryptonians face, making her look like a little toddler who just received their first present.

Breaking the comfortable minutes of silence, we hear the turn of the door handle. Turning on protective mode for no apparent reason, I lift myself out of the bed sheets. Unfortunately, I remember what happened last night as I look down to my half naked body. Almost slipping over one of my socks, I climb back into bed and spring the covers over my bare skin. "What are you doing?!" the cute blonde laughs, slowly getting out of bed to check who it is, "I've seen you in much less than a bra and boxers." the blonde gives me a little wink and a smirk that sends shivers down my spine. Right, right, what the hell Y/N?!
As I repeatedly call myself stupid, Kara speeds on a large sweater before meeting someone at the door.

I hide behind a column in Kara's room while listening in. "Kara, what the hell?!" a voice exclaims, "I texted and called you like a hundred times, what have you been doing?!" The room goes silent before the voice adds, "And what on earth are you wearing?"
"It's um- a very large..sweater. I was cold." Kara stutters.
"Then put some pants on." the woman's voice responds, "Maybe even a shirt too - you know I hear socks are pretty comfy these days."

Trying to keep in my laughter and embarrassment, I edge closer to the couple. "Also, why was the door unlocked, it's hardly ever unlocked!"
"Well, um... I guess... I don't know, I guess I forgot to lock it last night, Alex!" Kara admits to her sister.

Ahhhh alright, It's Kara's sister. SHIT. IT'S KARA'S SISTER. I'M IN KARA'S SISTER'S SISTER'S BEDROOM. HALF NAKED. Alex is gonna kill me. Or hug me. Or both, you never know with that girl.

"Kara, it's dangerous to leave your door unlocked overnight." Alex states.
"I'd be alright Ale-" before Kara can continue, my dumb ass gets too clumsy- slipping over yet another bloody sock as I attempt to grab a sweater - face planting the floor.
""Damn floor!" I yell in frustration - only just finding the embarrassment a few seconds later. I look up to the two women, planting a small, shy smile on my face as I get up. "H-hi-" I manage to get out before receiving a questioning look on the sister's face.

"Oh and worse - you could've gotten Y/N in danger!" Alex tries to ignore the obvious tension in the room as I pop on the sweater I quickly grabbed.
"Pft, we're freaking Kryptonians, we can protect ourselves." I slightly slip out, biting my lips soon after realising what I've done. Eh who cares.

Everyone goes silent - Kara messing with her sweater and Alex still shocked and confused at my latest remark.
"Aight, I'm out-" I shout, trying to make my way out of this awkward situation. However, thanks to my annoying friend's strength, she pulls me back, holding my hand in the process. "I literally hate you." I mock, hiding my discomfort from the love of my life.
"Mhm." Kara smiles, biting her lower lip at me before turning to her sister, "Um...Alex- I-"
"It's alright, Kara. I kinda like the girl anyway." the sister smirks, "Even if she is somehow Kryptonian?!" A rhythmic chuckle surrounds the room as we all stand there awkwardly.

"Ah come on Agent Danvers, you of all people should know how important secrets are!" I tease, slowly easing the DEO into the conversation.
"You- How-" her face shows crazy amounts of confusion until she eventually realizes, "Oh my god, C/N..."
"Ka-ching!" I laugh as Alex just moves her head left to right.

I notice the short haired Danvers' eyes wonder up and down my body with slight appreciation. Damn, I've got both the Danvers sisters checking me out. What a day! I chuckle to myself, glancing back at the restless cutie beside me.

I lightly squeeze Kara's hand, hoping she gets just a bit of a signal. "Right, um... Yeah, Alex what did you um..." she pauses in order for Alex to answer her half asked question.
"Yes, shit- There was an emergency at the DEO. We should get going before it's too late." she urgently gestures towards the door.

Kara quickly zooms into her room and changes into her suit as the other sister makes her way to the door. After the red and blue hero arrives at the door, Alex turns around and shouts to me, "You coming or what C/N?!" A large grin appears on my face as I rush out the door with Alex and Supergirl.

- I hope you like this little extra final chapter! And I hope you enjoyed 'Don't Let Go'! Let me know in the comments what you think and what you would like to hear next! - Scarlett💖