22.) The inevitable

Cal

"Losing a loved one is a piece of your soul leaving this place

"Losing a loved one is a piece of your soul leaving this place. When enough pieces are lost, so is the soul."

- Jeramie Curtice

Max had a tight grip on my bicep as he forced me to walk into Tris' old home. I limped into the home and immediately see that pin straight blonde hair, she noticed my presence and turned to look at me.

Her eyes expressing disappointment and disgust. Max pushed me in and I struggled to keep myself balance. Then in comes Tris with Four and I glanced at them, my mother walked towards me and stood tall.

"Calypso...Tobias Eaton and Beatrice Prior." She said then stared at me, I take in a breath and she nodded.

Her hand immediately connected with my cheek and the throbbing pain made my eyes tear up, I hear Four struggle with the soldiers and I looked up at my mother.

I had no fear for her in this moment, just pure anger. She made my blood boil.

"How could you do this, Calypso? How could you betray your mother like this?" She questioned, I take in a breath and remained quiet. "She's not your puppet." Tris defended me, my mother glanced at her and chuckled. "You, Beatrice. I thought I was sending some sort of intellect on you." My mother said walking towards her as a soldier tightly gripped my arms. "Maybe you're just not as smart as you believe you are. That's why you can't control us or Cal." Four butted in and I looked at him, he had his intimidation face on.

"Why do you keep doing this?" I questioned.

My mother turned to look at me and crossed her arms.

"Why do you seek so much power? What more could you possibly want?" I persisted, she looked down at my leg and up at my eyes. "You could not possibly understand what comes with this power." She said striding towards me. "It comes with great responsibility...Why hurt the innocent?"

"Oh, please, Calypso. Abnegation is everything but innocent." She argued then glanced at Tris. "Abnegation will ruin the system we have in place. All the peace we have worked for will be lost." She added, I shook my head in disagreement and take in a breath. "I'm sorry, little one. But...All of my plans have no divergents." She said then nodded to her guards.

"Take the boy. Get rid of her and teach her a lesson." Jeanine said pointing to Four then Tris and lastly me. "No." I said elbowing a guard away from me and tackled my mother to the wall, she grunted at the contact and I pinned her to the wall with my elbow to her neck.