Fake Boyfriend AU Pt 2 (Birdflash)

"I'll send out the RSVP now then." Bruce nodded and headed out of the Batcave.

"We should get our story straight about how we became a couple. We're probably going to have a lot of media contacting us." Dick said. "We can head up to my room and talk about it."

"Sure." Wally followed Dick out of the Batcave and up to his room.

"So what do you think our story should be for how we met? I mean, Dick Grayson is fairly famous and not exactly known for hanging out with random people from the Midwest." Dick shrugged.

"Has Aunt Iris ever interviewed the Waynes?" Wally asked.

"That's it, Walls! Iris has interviewed us, a couple times! It would make sense for her to bring for nephew along when interviewing Bruce Wayne so he could meet Dick Grayson." Dick laughed.

"Y'know it's weird when you refer to yourself that way." Wally shook his head with a smile.

"Bruce is worse about it." Dick shrugged again. "So, we figured out how we met, what about who asked who out?"

"Oh you definitely asked me out. There's no way I would ever have the nerve to ask out someone as rich and famous as you." Wally said.

"If you say so, Walls." Dick laughed.

"What else might we get asked?" Wally asked.

"Not sure. One other thing we need to talk about is how far we're willing to go to keep our cover. Like, hand holding or whatever." Dick said.

"Whatever we need to do I guess." Wally said, a slight blush dusting his cheeks. "Wouldn't want to jeopardize the mission after all."

"It's not like they should expect much more than holding hands, at least not any more than we already do. We're just kids; they're not going to expect us to kiss or anything on TV. I mean, like Alfred pointed out to me, we already like to cuddle and stuff so it's not going to be much different than how we already act with each other." Dick said.

"Alfred pointed that out?" Wally asked.

"Basically. He also suggested it might be fun." Dick shrugged.

"Well, I supposed I usually have fun when I'm hanging out with you." Wally said.

"Only usually?" Dick put his bottom lip out in a pout.

"Well, always when you're Dick. Not always as Robin. That's what I meant." Wally laughed, shoving Dick's shoulder slightly.

"I guess that's fair." Dick laughed.

"I'm definitely going to call you babe and stuff." Wally said.

"Well duh." Dick grinned.

"Was there anything else we needed to talk about or are you ready to get your butt kicked at video games?" Wally asked, picking up one of the controllers on the floor.

"You mean am I ready to kick your butt?" Dick asked with a laugh as he grabbed the other controller.

"In your dreams, bird boy." Wally fired up one of the racing games Dick owned.

The next day Alfred let the two boys know that Summer Gleeson had called wanting an interview with the two of them, as well as Cat Grant. "Alfred I don't think we'll be doing either of those interviews." Dick told him.

"Why is that, Master Dick?" Alfred asked.

"Because the only reporter I trust to do this right is Iris. Wally can call her if you'd like." Dick said.

"Sure, I can call her right now." Wally said, pulling out his phone. "Actually, she's already texted me, like, five times."

"Very well, Master Dick, Master Wally. I will return the calls to Miss Gleeson and Miss Grant while Master Wally calls his aunt." Alfred said, leaving the room.

"What were Iris's texts?" Dick asked, looking over Wally's shoulder.

"Let's see... 'Cat better not get that interview Wallace.' Yeesh, started with my full name. 'Wally, answer me.' 'Wally I know this is for a mission but you better treat that boy right.' Thanks for the vote of confidence Aunt I." Wally rolled his eyes.

"Are you gonna treat me right, Walls?" Dick fluttered his eyelashes at Wally.

"Stop it." Wally laughed.

"What were the other texts?" Dick asked.

"More of the same; don't worry about it." Wally hit the call button. "Hey Aunt I." He said when she answered the phone. "Yes, you're getting the interview. Dick wouldn't have it any other way. Yes, he actually suggested it before I even saw your texts. Yes, I know you've always loved him. Aunt I, I gotta go soon. When's good for the interview for you? Tomorrow?" Wally glanced over at Dick who nodded. "That works. Where?" Wally glanced at Dick again who shrugged. "Where ever, Aunt I. We can do Central City, Keystone, or Gotham. I mean, they're all just a zeta away." Wally rolled his eyes at Dick who laughed at his friend. "Listen, why don't we do it in Gotham at the manor so I can get more of Alfred's cooking? Does that work? Good. I'll talk to you later. Yeah, love you too." Wally finally hung up the phone. "Man she can talk."

"So she's always loved me, huh?" Dick laughed.

"Dude you already knew that."

"I'll let Alfred and Bruce know you're staying another night and that Iris is coming by tomorrow for the interview. We're probably going to have to get out of Team missions for a bit." Dick said before leaving to go find his guardians.

When he returned he found Wally pacing his room. "What's wrong?"

"Nerves I guess. I've never actually been on TV as Wally." Wally shrugged, sitting back down on the floor where he'd been before.

"Dude why do you think I said I wanted your aunt to do the interview? Who knows you better than her and Barry?" Dick asked.

"You?"

"Exactly. Now Bruce says we still have to participate in missions for now. The retreat thing isn't for another month. We just have to be extra careful." Dick explained. "And because we're still doing missions, we're late. Let's head to the Cave, KF."

The next day Alfred set up tea and cookies for the boys and Iris in the den where Iris and her crew were setting up cameras for the interview. Wally and Dick were lounging on one of the couches with Dick's head in Wally's lap. Wally was absently running his fingers through Dick's hair. "Walls, you're gonna put me to sleep. Probably not the best way to start an interview." Dick closed his eyes and leaned into the action despite his words.

"You would know better than me, little bird." Wally laughed.

"You two are adorable together." Iris said, taking a seat in the chair that sat next to the couch the boys were on. "Come on, sit up, you got to get your microphones on."

"But Iris!" Dick whined, turning his head into Wally's stomach.

"Richard." Iris said, her tone not leaving room for argument.

"Yes, ma'am." Dick sat up and quickly fixed his hair.

"Good. Here's the two microphones, you can put them on you and Wally, right?" Iris asked, handing them over.

"Sure, Iris." Dick quickly clipped the microphones to his shirt and Wally's.

"Sound check. I need you both to talk normally." One of the guys from the crew told the boys.

"So are you ready for this, Walls?" Dick asked after giving a nod to the guy.

"Even if I'm not, it's too late to back out now." Wally said with a shrug.

"That's good. Thanks boys." The crewman gave them both a thumbs-up. "Iris we're ready when you are."

"Thanks Mark." Iris said. "Ok boys, this is it. Ready to be out?"

"No." They said at the same time.

"You two are so cute together." Iris laughed.

"Three... Two... and," Mark pointed at them.

"Thanks, we're here today with Richard Grayson, ward of Billionaire Bruce Wayne, and his new boyfriend, my nephew, Wally West. Thanks for having us here, boys." Iris started.

"Please call me Dick, Iris. Thanks for coming, I know the trip to Gotham isn't always fun." Dick smiled.

"Oh but seeing my nephew so happy is worth the trip. It's been a while since I was last able to interview you, but the first time was when you first got here, right?"

"Of course, anyone taken in by Bruce Wayne isn't going to be able to avoid the press for long." Dick laughed.

"What about you, Wally? I know it's your first time on TV, are you nervous at all?" Iris asked.

"Well, Aunt Iris, I would be normally but with Dickie here, I'm not as nervous as I thought I'd be." Wally threw his arm over Dick's shoulders.

"Walls..." Dick felt his cheeks start to heat up.

"Ok, so tell everyone else how you met." Iris said, having asked the boys what their cover story would be before they started.

"Well, during one of the times you came to interview Bruce about a charity I think, you noticed that I looked bored during the interview so the next time you came just for Bruce you brought Wally here along with you so I would have someone my age to hang out with." Dick started.

"And we had so much fun together we decided to exchange phone numbers so we could text." Wally continued.

"Now, how does this work with you being long distance, since Wally doesn't live in Gotham?" Iris asked.

"Iris, I'm the ward of a billionaire. If Bruce can use his private jet to see women, why couldn't I use it to see my best friend? True, it didn't happen often when we first became friends but once we got closer and especially since we started dating, I use it every chance I get." Dick laughed.

"How long have you been together?"

The two boys glanced at each other. Wally gave Dick a small look to let him know he should answer the question. "Not too long, only a few months. I mean, we've been friends for years now and taking a great friendship further can be terrifying. You have to work up the nerve first."

"I know you're not going to like this question, but everyone's going to be asking so I figured I might as well do it for them. Are you both gay?"

"Nah, I'm pansexual." Dick grinned.

"I'm bisexual." Wally added.

"What's your favorite thing about the other?" Iris asked.

"I have so many favorite things, Iris. His sense of humor, the fact that we both love superheroes, he loves helping people. I could go on." Dick said, leaning back against Wally.

"What about you, Wally? What's your favorite thing about Dick?" Iris asked.

"Aunt Iris, that isn't an easy question to answer. I don't think there's anything about Dick I don't like. Except his taste in superheroes. The Flash is obvs better than Batman." Wally grinned.

"You sure you want to restart that argument while in Gotham, babe?" Dick laughed.

"Of course, babe, the Flash is way cooler and his sidekick is dope." Wally said.

"Do you not like Robin?" Dick asked.

"He's ok I guess."

"Boys? Back on topic, please." Iris shook her head at the boys' antics.

"Sorry Iris." Both said in unison.

"I think we have time for one more question. Who asked who out?"

"Oh Dick here asked me." Wally smirked. "And how could I say no to this face?"

"Walls." Dick felt his cheeks heat up. "Stop that."

"Nah. You're too cute when you blush." Wally grinned.

"Well, I'm going to wrap us up there before they manage to embarrass each other more. Thanks for the interview, boys. Back to you in the studio." Iris said before making a cutting motion across her neck at Mark and the other crewmen. "Boys?"

"Sorry, Iris." They said together.

"You two are too much." Iris shook her head at the boys and chuckled. "Go get some more cookies from Alfred before we go Wally."

"Yes, ma'am." Wally said before dragging Dick out of the room while Iris started helping the crewmen pack up the cameras and such.

"So how was being on TV for the first time?" Dick asked as they entered the kitchen.

"Nerve-wracking." Wally laughed.

"Hey Alfie, Iris sent us for cookies before her and Wally leave."

"Of course, Master Dick, I already put some in a container for them as well as including a new recipe for her." Alfred handed them over to Wally before shoo-ing them out of the kitchen.

"Why was it so nerve-wracking?" Dick asked, leading the two of them to the entry to wait for Iris and the crew.

"Coming out is hard enough but coming out on national TV? Why would that be nerve-wracking? Seriously, Dick, if you hadn't been there to help keep me calm, I probably would have vibrated right through the couch."

"First time you manage to vibrate through something would be from nerves." Dick laughed. "But seriously, this was nothing compared to when Bruce took me in. The sheer amount of interviews I had to do and everyone wanted to talk about my parents. Or they wanted to talk about Bruce's parents. It was awful. One of the reasons Iris is my favorite reporter is because she good at steering around hard topics, especially when she knows they're going to be hard."

"I think it's her superpower." Wally laughed.

"Got that right." Iris said, walking up behind Wally and making him jump in surprise.

"Ready to go, Aunt I?" Wally asked, standing up and picking up the cookies and recipe. "Alfred has a new recipe for you."

"Yeah, we're ready; the crew is loading the van right now. Dick, thank Alfred for both the cookies and the recipe. It's always a pleasure to see you." She ruffled his hair before heading out to the news van.

"You better head out before you get ditched."

"Probably. See you Friday, Dick." Wally rubbed the back of his head nervously.

"The crew isn't able to see us, Walls, no need to be nervous. I'll see you Friday. Are you coming over before heading to the Cave or are we meeting there?" Dick asked.

"I'll meet you there." Wally smiled and waved as he turned to head out of the Manor.

By the time Friday rolled around, Dick was sick and tired of going to a private rich kid school and was ready to not be Dick for a while with his friends. Robin didn't have to deal with being out or deal with anyone calling him names and trying to beat him up. Robin could pound anyone that tried, something Dick Grayson wasn't allowed to do. As soon as he was home from school he fixed his hair into his Robin hairstyle and ran to the zeta to head to the Cave.

"Recognized. Robin B 0-1."

"Hi, Robin!" M'gann called when she heard the zeta announce him.

"Hey M'gann, what's up? Where is everyone?"

"Artemis and I were talking about something that happened at her school this week. Conner is working on his motorcycle with Sphere and Wolf in the garage. Kaldur and Zatanna are sparring. Wally isn't here yet."

Of course Artemis was dishing about school. This is what Dick got for convincing Bruce to give her the scholarship for his school. "What happened at her school?" Better to have the information than not.

"Oh one of the boys, Dick Grayson, came out as gay apparently and he's been getting a lot of jerks trying to beat him up for it apparently. Oh and get this, he's dating Wally, isn't that crazy? I would have thought Wally would tell us if he got a girlfriend or boyfriend." M'gann led him towards the kitchen where her and Artemis had been chatting.

"I knew about Wally and Dick Grayson. And he's not gay. He's pansexual." Robin added, taking a seat next to Artemis.

"How do you know that?" Artemis asked.

"Couple reasons. First, I'm from Gotham, I try to keep up with what's going on in my city."

"The second?" Artemis asked.

"Wally is my best friend and I know about his boyfriend?" Robin shrugged.

"Where is Baywatch?" Artemis asked.

"Not sure." M'gann frowned, taking a batch of cookies from the oven. "He's usually here by the time cookies come out."

"He'll probably be here soon." Robin said.

"Then we can ask him questions about his new boyfriend!" M'gann said.

"If his week went anything like how you said Dick Grayson's week went, he might not want it brought up. Maybe wait 'til he mentions it?" Robin suggested, taking a cookie.

"Recognized. Kid Flash B 0-3."

"You started cookies without me?" Wally asked when he ran into the kitchen, throwing an arm over Robin's shoulders and taking his cookie from him.

"Hey, get your own, Kid Mouth." Robin grinned, reaching to grab his cookie back but missing before Wally had it in his mouth.

"Sorry, Rob, it's mine now." He reached over and grabbed another cookie from the tray.

"It's ok, Walls. I'll just tell Agent A you don't need cookies next time you come over." Robin shrugged, knocking Wally's arm off his shoulders.

"No wait! I didn't mean it! Here, you can have the rest of them!" Wally shoved the tray towards Robin. "Don't tell that to Agent A!"

"Fine." Robin laughed.

"So Wally, tell us about your new boyfriend." Artemis said.

"Sad I'm off the market, Arty?" Wally laughed.

"Don't call me that." Artemis frowned.

"Tell us about him!" M'gann's eyes seemed to shine with excitement.

"What do you want to know?" Wally asked, eyes flickering towards Robin.

"Everything! We only know what was in the interview! And everything he's ever said in an interview." M'gann blushed. "Zatanna and I might have watched every interview he's done."

"I don't think I've even seen all of them." Wally laughed.

"So how'd you managed to snag a rich boy?" Artemis asked.

"My natural charms."

"Yeah right." Artemis said.

"Don't believe me? Ask him on Monday. You go to his school, right?"

"I will."

"Now, tell us all about him." M'gann demanded.

"I mean, if you've seen all his interviews, you probably know a lot about him. He's a fairly open book most of the time." Wally's eyes continued to glance nervously toward Robin. He'd have to remember to have Wally work on his undercover skills before the retreat.

"Did he really grow up in a circus?" M'gann asked.

"Yep." Wally nodded.

"I'm going to go spar with Kaldur and Zatanna." Robin got up and walked toward the training room, leaving the conversation that would inevitably bring up his parents.

"Hello Robin." Kaldur said when he noticed Robin enter the room.

"Hey Rob." Zatanna added, wiping sweat off her brow.

"Hey guys. Can I join you?"

"Of course."

"Sure, we were just talking about Wally's new boyfriend."

"Apparently everyone is. Maybe I'll go help Conner then." Robin quickly changed directions toward the garage. "Hey Conner, Wolf, Sphere."

"Hi."

"You're not discussing Wally's new boyfriend with Wolf and Sphere, are you?" Robin asked.

"No. Why would I?" Conner tilted his head slightly in confusion.

"No reason; just seems like that's all anyone is talking about today. Can I help you at all? Or at least just hang out here?"

"I don't see why not. Don't really need help though."

"I'm fine just hanging around waiting for Batman to show up to give us our mission. I think I need the quiet." Robin sat down next to Wolf and leaned up against him.

"Everyone to the briefing room." Batman called over the speaker system half an hour later.

"Finally." Robin jumped up from where he'd been lounging against Wolf. "What took you so long to get here?" He asked when he saw Batman.

Batman raised an invisible eyebrow at Robin.

"Sorry."

After the mission and debrief, Robin and Batman left the Cave to head back to Gotham with Kid Flash in tow.

"It's all anyone was talking about! Even Kaldur! I only got away from it with Conner and Wolf." Dick complained after changing out of his uniform.

"You know how people are, Dick." Bruce said, cowl pulled back as he sat in front of the Batcomputer.

"Doesn't mean I like my friends talking about me behind my back in front of me." Dick pouted.

"To be fair, they probably wouldn't have said anything if they knew who you were." Wally threw an arm over Dick's shoulders.

"I know. Especially M'gann asking about my family." Dick sighed. "But you know B's Rules."

"She asked about that?" Bruce asked.

"Of course. Wally dating someone who grew up in a circus is fascinating apparently. I walked away before they asked anything else. What else did they ask?" Dick turned his head to where Wally was still leaning on him.

"About what you expect. I'm sorry they kept talking about it. I did keep trying to change the subject but Artemis and M'gann can be like bloodhounds after a scent when they pick up something juicy. Me 'dating' someone Artemis knows counts as juicy. Also, if she asks, I 'managed to snag a rich boy' through my natural charms. Got it?"

"Sure, Walls." Dick snorted. "She'll believe that."

"Why don't you two go get snacks from Alfred?" Bruce suggested as he tried to work on the Batcomputer.

"Sorry, B. We'll head up." Dick ducked out from under Wally's arm, grabbing his hand as his arm fell, and dragging him out of the Batcave.

Once they'd grabbed snacks they retreated to Dick's room to play video games. "I really did try to change the subject once you left." Wally said after they'd settled in front of the game.

"I believe you. I went to spar with Kaldur and Zatanna and they were talking about it too."

"What'd they say about it?"

"I don't actually know, I know I should have stayed to at least see what they knew but I needed space. They said they were talking about your new boyfriend and I just walked away." Dick shrugged.

"I'm sorry. I heard from Artemis about what some of the people at your school have been saying. You should have told me."

"After what you said was going on at your school? I didn't want to make you worry about me."

"Those guys are just jerks. They've always been out for me, that's what I get for being good at science and bad in gym. I'm used to them, really."

"Can we just play and forget about everything for the weekend?" Dick asked.

"Course, dude."

The next Monday started just as bad as the previous week but he'd apparently gained a protector who helped keep people away from him. Barbara had spent the last week punching anyone who gave Dick any grief about his sexuality or about dating someone from a 'lower class'. This week apparently Artemis had decided that he needed a second protector and walked with him and Babs to nearly every class despite being in a different grade.

"So you know Wally?" Dick asked innocently after Artemis had said she had to keep Wally's boyfriend safe for him.

"Yeah, we're... well not friends but we know each other. He asked me to help keep some of the jackasses off your back." Artemis shrugged.

"He did?" Dick asked, surprised since Wally hadn't mentioned that.

"So, since I do know Wally," She rolled her eyes at his name, "how'd he managed to snag you? I mean you're rich and since you're pan, could have nearly anyone you wanted and you chose Wally?" Barbara laughed from where she was walking on Dick's other side.

"His natural charms." After laughing at Artemis's shocked face. "Sorry, he told me to say that. I don't know what to tell you, Artemis, he doesn't see the money. Most people who try to date me or get to know me at all only care about how much money I can spend on them. Wally isn't like that, never has been. I like that. He sees the kid who grew up in the circus and was thrust into an unfamiliar situation after a tragedy. He sees someone who loves video games and superheroes. Finding someone like that is rare for someone with access to the money I have access to. Besides, who besides someone who's rich could afford to feed him every time we hang out?" Dick laughed again, trying to ignore his thoughts for the moment.

"Oh, I suppose that makes sense." Artemis said.

"If you ever saw them together, you'd see why it works." Barbara added. "Dick stops trying to be the perfect rich boy and is just himself. It's nice to see."

"Babs!" Dick felt the blush just as the girls started laughing at it. "Can we just get to class?" He stalked ahead of them.

"I can see us being good friends, Barbara. You should also meet my other friends, Megan and Zatanna." Artemis said as they followed behind Dick.

"Call me Babs, or Barb. It would be cool to meet your other friends, you seem pretty cool."

"How is this my life?" Dick asked himself, shaking his head.

"This is what you get for not telling me that you're pan or that you have a boyfriend, Richard Grayson. I had to find out from a TV interview?" Barbara, hands on her hips, stopped in front of Dick.

"Come on, Babs, you know I didn't mean to hide anything."

"I'm your best friend, Dick. You could have told me. I thought I knew you better."

"You are one of my best friends, Babs. We can talk later, I promise, but if we don't get to class we're going to be late and Artemis is going to be super late."

"Fine."

After school Dick sent Wally a text.

Dickie-birb <3: Artemis said you said that she should help me out
Wally: I might have said something at the cave when she said that people were being mean
Dickie-birb <3: Her and babs are being friends. She wants to introduce babs to mgann and zatanna
Wally: Well shit. Didnt mean for that. Sorry
Dickie-birb <3: Its ok. Maybe if babs starts hanging out with everyone b will let me tell the team my real name?
Wally: Heres hoping. Gotta go do hw. See you friday?
Dickie-birb <3: Duh

The rest of the week went a little better, apparently enough people were scared of the combination of Barbara and Artemis that they'd stopped taunting him to his face. Instead they talked behind his back, whispers still followed them around school and random notes with slurs and threats would find themselves on his desk between classes. Thankfully he had practice keeping a straight face and didn't show that any of them hurt him in any way. His thoughts kept getting away from him though, what he'd said to Artemis about Wally and dating.

"Recognized. Robin B 0-1."

"Hey Rob." Wally greeted him.

"Hey Walls. How was your week?"

"About the same." Wally shrugged. "Yours?"

"Better. The combination of Babs and Artemis is terrifying apparently." Robin whispered.

"Good. Everyone is in the kitchen having cookies already."

"Sounds good. Umm... what's the topic of conversation?"

"Us unfortunately."

"Oh. Think if I text Batman he'll hurry and get here now?"

"Probably not."

"Dang."

When they entered Robin was greeted by multiple people. "Hey everyone." Robin smiled and grabbed his own cookie. "What are you talking about?"

"Artemis was telling us about Dick Grayson. She hung out with him this week apparently." M'gann said with a smile.

"Did she?"

"Yeah. He's a cool kid for a freshman. His friend Barbara is awesome."

"I know her." Robin nodded.

"You do?" Artemis asked, surprised.

"Well, her dad is the police commissioner. Sometimes Batman and Jim forget others are around when they're talking." Robin shrugged. There had been a handful of times when she'd shown up to get a ride with her dad and neither adult seemed to notice she was in the room, leaving Robin the chance to talk to her. "First time he noticed us talking he told sent her down to the car and gave me a look and said 'Not on your life, Boy Wonder'." Robin laughed at the memory.

"Do you like her?" M'gann asked.

"She's a friend. It's not often I see her and less often that I see her and don't have to pay attention to what they're talking about." Dick shrugged. "So what else was she telling you about Dick Grayson? Why'd you hang out with him this week?"

"Wally asked me to. But I don't know; Barbara really likes punching homophobes and now not as many are coming around us. Which I mean is a good thing because as... odd as Dick Grayson is, he doesn't deserve any of what those idiots say to him; but also, Barb really likes punching homophobes."

"Are you calling my boyfriend odd?" Wally asked, shooting a quick glance at Robin.

"Yes I am, Wally. He is. Can't quite figure him out but he's definitely odd."

"I think most people in Gotham tend to be a little odd, don't you think? I mean, one of the main villains is a fake clown and a chick with a giant mallet. Another used to be district attorney and now has at least 3 personalities and runs a gang." Robin said with a shrug.

"Fake clown?" Conner asked.

"Don't get him started." Wally said, giving Robin a look. A drop it or you might reveal something you don't want to look that he perfected over the years of knowing Robin.

"Recognized. Batman 0-2."

'Good' Robin thought to himself. "Let's head to the briefing room before he calls for us." He added out loud.

The next two weeks went similarly, with Artemis and Barbara getting closer at school and everyone in both parts of his life talking about him and Wally. Not that the Team knew they were talking about him to his face. Finally it was the Friday before the retreat started.

Dickie-birb <3: B said to come to the batcave today after school
Wally: Ok. See you then :)

"Why are we meeting here?" Wally asked after entering the Batcave seeing Dick on the trapeze.

"The trip to the retreat is on Sunday with official activities starting on Monday. As such, you both will be taken off the mission today so you can't get hurt just before going." Batman explained.

"I heal fast though."

"And you want to leave Dick here by himself for the weekend when I'm giving you the opportunity to hang out?" Batman pulled his cowl off long enough to raise an eyebrow at Wally before putting it back on.

"Oh. That's true. What are you going to tell the Team? Artemis would give me so much grief if I missed a mission just to hang with my boyfriend." Wally asked.

"That you're working on a case with Flash, just as Robin is working on a case in Gotham. Keeps you separate so no one finds out anything and keeps you both out of the mission. Do you have a problem with that?"

"No. But she might ask and it's always good to know the cover story. Right?"

"You're right." Dick smiled, jumping down from the trapeze. After seeing the look he got from Batman he added, "He's right. He might be new to undercover but knowing all parts of your cover story is important. Artemis is likely to ask because she likes to gossip with M'gann. Also, she likes to get under Wally's skin and that very much includes asking when he misses a mission."

Batman and Dick had a staring contest then, neither willing to concede their point. "Umm... Dick? Can we go play video games now?" Wally asked.

"Sure Walls!" Dick looked at his friend with a grin. "See ya, B!" Dick grabbed Wally's hand and dragged him away.

"So, any plans for the weekend?" Wally asked once they got to Dick's room.

"Yes and no. You are getting lessons from Alfred on how you're going to be expected to act this next week. I should probably do the extra work for the school I'm missing next week but really I'll probably spend the weekend playing video games. Sunday morning we'll be taking the jet to the airport nearest the retreat then taking a car to the actual retreat." Dick explained.

"Lessons?"

"I went through similar ones when Bruce took me in. But yours will not be nearly as long. No one expects you to have everything perfect by Sunday but trust me, without it half the people there will look down on you and they'll make assumptions. It's better if you just go with it for now."

"Where is the retreat exactly? You haven't said."

"It changes every year but I think it's in California this year."

"Master Dick. Master Wally, if you're settled in we can begin your lessons now." Alfred said, entering the room.

"Sure, Alfred." Wally got up and left with Alfred while Dick put in a video game.

"Master Dick, homework." Alfred said, coming back to the room just long enough to scold him before leaving again.

The rest of Friday and Saturday went quickly for the boys, Alfred giving Wally etiquette lessons that would be helpful and Dick doing homework and playing video games. Finally Sunday came and they dressed in the outfits that Alfred picked out for them. Dick wore a plain black t-shirt with dark blue jeans while Wally wore a pastel green t-shirt and black jeans.

"The green really brings out your eyes, Walls." Dick commented on the drive to the jet.

"Thanks." Wally blushed.

"I bet that's why Alfred picked it out."

"Probably."

"So who are we likely to meet there?" Wally asked once they were on the jet.

"Sapphire Stagg from Metropolis is likely, though she's a little older than us. Warren Lawford, Armand 'Army' Lydecker, Gunther Hardwicke, Rebecca Fallbrook, and Bunny Vreeland are also likely to be there from Gotham. The Vreelands have been friends with the Waynes for a long time so she's the only one of them that's likely to say hi to us. We should probably avoid Warren, Army, and Gunther. They're the one who'll make fun of us the most; both for not being straight and for you not being rich. Rebecca was dating Warren last I knew so she'll probably be hanging around them."

"Don't you have any friends going?"

"You." Dick laughed.

"I'm serious."

"So am I. I told you, the only real friends I have as Dick Grayson are you and Barbara. There's some I'm friendly with but most don't believe I really fit in with them because I'm 'circus folk' and not from 'high society'."

"What do you do at galas?"

"Text you or Babs and let old women and women trying to get with Bruce pinch my cheeks mostly. They think it's so sweet of Bruce to take in 'one of my kind'." Dick rolled his eyes. "A lot of the other kids get to stay home for now, they'll have to go to more once they're a little older, like Sapphire Stagg, but a lot of galas are hosted at Wayne Manor because Bruce is hosting them for some charity or another so I'm kinda forced to be there."

"What do you think we'll be doing this week? Like events or whatever."

"I don't actually know. I've never actually gone to one of these before. Bruce knows how some of the other kids treat me so he doesn't make me go usually." Dick shrugged.

Once they landed and got into the car to get to the retreat Wally continued asking questions. "So do we have a plan to figure out what they're doing?"

"The main plan is to avoid being caught and found out. I'll probably hack into their computers to see what there is to find in there."

"Will I be able to use my speed?"

"Probably not. With both Luthor and Lord involved they'll probably have sensors and stuff that can detect metahumans and aliens. We'll also have to check our rooms for bugs before talking about anything mission related."

"They'd really bug minors?"

"I don't know but it's always better to be safe than sorry. At least we can be reasonably sure they're not going to have cameras in the rooms with minors, except the hallways and main event rooms."

"Only reasonably sure?" Wally laughed.

"Well, I'll probably double check, just to be sure, but yeah, if they're paranoid enough, they might have at least one camera in each room regardless of laws."

"Wait, if they can detect metahumans, would they be able to tell I'm one even if I don't use my speed?"

"I'm not sure, but I doubt they'd call you on it unless you use it. Also, don't you think B would have found a non-powered hero to go with me if he was concerned about that? Roy knows my identity but B wanted someone from the Team. I think he trusts them more because he works with them more often than he does Roy. He didn't try to go with Roy at all and he didn't have me tell the Team or, y'know, Artemis, so I could go with someone non-powered so you'll probably be fine as long as you don't use your speed."

"Sounds good. Are we close? I'm starting to get nervous." Wally admitted.

"Pretty close I think. You don't need to worry, Walls. I'll be with you the whole time. Is Kid Flash really nervous to meet some snobby rich kids?"

"Yes, yes he is. Do you think Luthor or Lord will be there the whole time?"

"All three, Luthor, Lord, and Stagg, are likely to be there the whole time."

"Oh ok."

"Wally we're almost there. Are you going to be ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Not panicked at all."

"That's a lie but I'll go with it for now, if you want me too."

"Yes, please."

"Sure Walls." Dick laughed.

"Here we are, young Masters. I'll be back on Saturday to pick you up. Call me if you need anything." Alfred said, opening the door for the boys to get out.

"Thank you, Alfred. I'll see you Saturday." Dick said, taking his bag from Alfred.

"Thanks, Alfred." Wally added, also grabbing his bag.

"Good luck." Alfred added low enough for just the boys to hear before getting back in the car and heading back to Gotham.

"I think we're gonna need it." Wally whispered.

Dick grabbed Wally's hand, knowing that contact usually helps both of them stay calm. "Everything will be fine."