Fake Boyfriend AU Pt 1 (Birdflash)

"Kid Flash, Robin, report to the briefing room." Robin heard Batman call over the Cave's speaker system.

"Already here, B." He said, dropping from his spot in the vents.

"Do you have a mission for us?" Kid Flash asked as he sped into the room.

"I do but this is one that we will discuss at the Batcave rather than here. I've already cleared it with your uncle." Batman said before leading them towards the zeta.

"Recognized. Batman 0-2, Robin B 0-1, Kid Flash B 0-3."

"Welcome back, sirs." Alfred said when he saw the trio enter the Batcave from the zeta.

"Hey Alfie." Dick smiled, pulling his mask off.

"Hey Alfred." Wally grinned.

"Alfred, will you get the boys some snacks please?" Bruce asked Alfred, pulling his cowl off and running a hand through his hair.

"Of course, sir. Milk and cookies?" Alfred asked; heading up the stairs after the two nodded.

"So what's up, B?" Dick asked after Alfred had left.

"I have a mission for the two of you that you don't have to take on if you don't want to." Bruce started.

"What's that mean?" Dick asked.

"Yeah, I'm confused." Wally added.

"It means that you'd have to go undercover as Dick and Wally, not Robin and Kid Flash. You might accidently expose yourselves as heroes if you're not careful." Bruce explained.

"What's the mission, B?" Dick asked impatiently.

"Simon Stagg and Maxwell Lord are teaming up with Lex Luthor and LexCorp to host an event for the sons and daughters of the wealthiest people in the world. As ward to Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson has an invite. This is an event that Stagg and Lord have put on before for those in the US but they wanted to expand and make it bigger so they invited Luthor to join them." Bruce explained while the boys ate their milk and cookies from Alfred.

"What's that have to do with us? I'm always invited to those things." Dick asked.

"With both Maxwell Lord and Lex Luthor involved I want you to actually go to it this year, Dick. Investigate, see if Lord or Luthor have anything planned for the week you're there." Bruce said.

"What about me? I'm not invited." Wally asked.

"Dick will need back up and you're the only one on the Team who knows his identity." Bruce said. "Unfortunately, to be a plus one, you have to be dating. Which is the other reason why this is an optional mission." Bruce said.

"Dating?" Wally asked.

"Is that a problem?" Bruce raised an eyebrow at Wally.

"Well, it's just... I'm cool with being with a guy, but I'm not out to anyone. Except apparently you." Wally said.

"He's the world's greatest detective, Walls." Dick pointed out.

"Would you want to fake date someone like me though? I mean, I know we're best friends as Kid Flash and Robin but I've never really met any of your friends as Dick and Wally."

"That's because the only real friend I have as Dick Grayson is Babs."

"There's one other thing, if you agree to this, both of you, then you'll both in put in the public eye and because you're both boys, it won't all be good." Bruce added. "Now, you don't have to decide right now. I get this is a big decision. I cleared it with your parents and your uncle for you to spend the night, Wally. Why don't you two run upstairs and discuss it some? Let me know in a few days what decision you make. Wally, I suggest you talk this over with your parents and maybe Barry and Iris before making a final decision."

"Really quick, if I decide not to go, for whatever reason, what would happen? Would Dick go alone? Would no one go? If no one goes and something happens, would it be my fault? If Dick goes alone and he gets hurt, would it be my fault?" Wally asked, each question getting a little faster than the one before it.

"Wally, take a breath." Bruce said. "I told you this is an optional mission. If you don't want to go, we'll figure something out. No matter what happens, if something goes wrong because you said no, it's not your fault. You're a teenager; you shouldn't have to put yourself in the public eye like this if you don't want to."

"Let's go play some video games, Walls." Dick suggested, seeing that his friend was still on the verge of panic.

"Sure, Dick."

Once the two boys were in Dick's room he turned to his friend and ask, "So what do you think, Walls?"

"I don't know, Dick. I mean, are you even gay?" Wally asked.

"Nah, I am pan though. Does that bother you?" Dick asked.

"No!" Wally shook his head. "It's just you're in the public eye a lot and coming out would be a bigger deal for you than for me. That's all. Can we just play some video games?"

"Sure."

The next day was Sunday and Wally went back home and Dick helped Alfred clean the manor. "What do you think I should do, Alfred?" Dick asked while they were cleaning.

"About what, Master Dick?" Alfred asked.

"Well, Bruce has this optional mission for Wally and me. We'd have to go undercover at that week long thing that Stagg and Lord always puts on. Lex Luthor is helping them host it this year and Bruce doesn't trust Lord and Luthor together. But plus ones have to be significant others, not just friends. So, Wally and I would have to pretend to date." Dick explained.

"What do you want to do, Master Dick? I thought you liked Master Wally." Alfred moved to clean the next room, staying just within earshot of Dick.

"I do like him. He's my best friend. I just never really thought about dating him. Even fake dating him would change our friendship. It could ruin our friendship if something goes wrong." Dick followed Alfred into the next room, not even bother to pretend cleaning. "I don't want to ruin our friendship."

"What does Master Wally think about it?" Alfred prompted when Dick stopped talking.

"He didn't really say one way or the other for sure. He was worried that if he said no then I'd go by myself and it'd be his fault if something bad happened. But it wouldn't be his fault. It'd be mine. And Bruce wanted me to have back up so I don't even know if he'd send me by myself. I think he'd rather I tell the whole Team my identity and have someone else come for back up than have me go by myself." Dick said.

"Would you rather go with someone else from the Team? Keep cleaning please."

"Sorry." Dick started dusting on the opposite side of the room. "I like the Team but I'm only really close to Wally. It'd be even weirder to pretend to date someone else from the Team I think."

"So do you want to pretend to date Master Wally? You said that Master Bruce said it was an optional mission, so you don't have to go at all, correct?"

"I think going with Wally would be easier on Bruce than any other option."

"What that the answer to my question?"

"Sorry, Alfred. I wouldn't have to go at all if that's my decision. But then what if Wally wants to go and I don't? He can't go without me; I'm the one with the invite to the event."

"Do you think that maybe pretending to date Master Wally wouldn't be much different than how you act now and might even be fun?"

"I guess. I mean, I guess we do already do stuff like cuddle anyways cause we're both touchy-feely people."

"Does that mean you're willing to go on this mission of Master Bruce's?" Alfred asked, finally turning to look at Dick.

"If Wally is willing to, then yes, I'm willing to. Thanks, Alfred." Dick grinned.

"Good, now go clean your room, I can finish up in here."

"Okay." Dick took off to his room.

The next couple days Dick and Wally didn't talk other than Wally texting Dick to let him know that he'd come out to his family and they were all talking it over. Dick congratulated him and let him know that Bruce wanted a decision by Friday as the RSVP was due the next day. Dick didn't want to keep texting him when he was trying to make an important decision but by Thursday he missed talking to his best friend. On Friday instead of going to the Cave after school, Wally went to the Batcave to talk to Dick and Bruce.

"Have you made a decision Wally?" Bruce asked once all three of them were there.

"Well, I talked with my mom and dad about it, and Uncle Barry and Aunt Iris." Wally started.

"And?" Dick asked.

"I'm willing to do it. If you are that is." Wally said, Dick thought there might have been a blush on his cheeks but he couldn't tell for sure.

Bruce turned to look at Dick, who'd refused to tell him his answer until after he heard Wally's. "I talked with Alfred about it, and I decided that I'm willing to go too."