Chapter 3: One Drug Of Many

We walked to Dumbledore's office in silence, me wondering why he wanted to talk to me.

"Professor? Why do you wanna talk to me?". I questioned, "just wait till we get to my office."

He said shutting me down and continuing are path to his office, once we got there he had me sit down. And he took his seat as well.

"You asked me why I wanted to talk to you?" "Yes that's correct," "well it's about your fight yesterday."

He said, causing me to let out a frustrated sigh. "I knew you weren't gonna be happy staying here cause of the fig-." "Then why did you keep me here if you knew I wouldn't like it! Are you trying to torture me!"

"No I'm not, it's because of what happened to your parents." "How'd you know about that?" I questioned.

"Y/N, every teacher knows, they have to be alerted when a kids parents dies, or guardian. But what I wanna know is why they died, you don't have to tell me but it could help me a lot." He began to explain.

"I'm sorry, but I don't wanna tell you, it is my personal business, literally. And that is the closest you will know." I explain.

"Ok then, I respect that, but I also wanted to bring you up here because there has been a change of plans on your detention." "Do I get a new teacher?"

I said with a smile. "No. But you will start detention today instead of next week, so instead of a month and a week of detention, you only have to serve a month."

He said happily, "you make it sound like I'm serving jail time. But thank you," "your welcome, you can now return to Snape's classroom, will you proceed to tell him about the changes with detention as well?"

"Yes professor I will." I said sending him a smile before leaving my seat and heading to his class.

I watched the rest of Snape's lesson, waiting till class was over to tell him about the detention changes.

The bell rang indicating everyone it's time to go, I watched everyone clean up as I walked to Snape's desk. Where he stood cleaning up all his lesson plans, and got ready for the next class.

"Miss Y/L/N," he said not looking up. "I've come to talk to you about the change of detention plans." "He slowly looked up from his papers now looking me in the face.

"What change of detention plans?" Dumbledore wanted me to tell you that we will be starting detention today instead of next week." "Oh, well I can't do today. I can do tomorrow.

"Why can't you do today?" "Because I'm meeting with a friend." He said looking back down at his papers, "professor, I didn't know you had a little girlfriend."

I said raising my eyebrows up and down, "because it's not a girl," he said looking up and his eyes going wide realizing what he just said.

"Oh, I should of know you were a little on that side, who's the lucky guy." I said putting my elbow's on the desk and my head in my hands.

Snape let out a deep chuckle, "miss Y/L/N, it's not like that. He's just a very good friend of mine. So plan on not coming to detention today."

"Oh ok, I guess I will be on my way." I said as people began to walk in, "yes you will be." He said looking me in the eye for what seemed to be more then 30 seconds, before turning around and clearing his throat.