Chapter 31- A bad start for a tea party

Start from the beginning

As we entered, I wondered why there was such a big amount of unnecessary shit placed everywhere, until I realized that they were there to showcase the Marquis power. Not coming from the nobility himself, the Marquis brought the title and certainly had some inferiority complex about it.

Anyway, it was a waste of money... no matter what he did these people would never acknowledge an outsider. Lucreatia's previous life proved this. So I feared the Marquis work was in vain, it almost made me sad for him.

Almost... because when that insipid man laid eyes on me I could see his distaste over my person.

It started soon.

He greeted the Duke with over the top bow like he was performing in some circus show. The Duke was visibly uncomfortable with it, though I was sure the Marquis thought of it as a success, seeing the way he gleaned.

When it came to greeting us, the daughters, he tried to go for Jenni's hand, thankfully the Duke diverted him into asking where we were supposed to go.

The Marquis was not happy with the interruption but had to accept it, only bowing as a greeting. Then, he told the Duke the adults would be meeting separately for some cocktails while the children would socialize in a different room over some tea.

Glad to leave that shitty shit, I took hold of Jenni's arm and followed one of the butlers to the room where the "socializing over some tea" was happening. But before that, I made sure to pass that shitty shit and give him my best haughty look.

Because I am a better bitch than you sir.

He didn't seem happy, but he couldn't show it, as the Duke was right there to watch his every move.

"What a lack of a proper Lady does on a household." Commented Jenni in a whisper. A small jab on the Marquis lack of manners.

In my view, it didn't justify the behaviour, as we weren't proper ladies as well, and I wouldn't say we made fools of ourselves. Well, Jenni didn't at least.

Still, that comment made me sick in my stomach, thinking of why he was so interesting in greeting Jenni and why the Duke stopped him. Bastard.

He had eyes on the Mountnero family! I didn't know what to say... if he was stupid or crazy. Sure he was a criminal, she was 8!

Though I knew he was just making acquaintance for the future (Ewwww!!!!), I was surprised that he didn't realise that in no way in hell would the Duke allow such a thing. Lucreatia may have been the favourite, but Jenni was loved by her father as well.

And a wrong move and the Marquis would appear dead on a sidewalk of a bad neighbourhood. And I probably would have helped dump the body. Awful shit.

I already wanted to leave the house and these people... but I couldn't, so I pressed forward with innocent Jenni beside me.

At the entrance to the tea room, we were greeted by the Marquis daughter, two years older than my current body and... a more circus performer than her father.

She was filled with precious stones and ornaments, that lacked coordination between each other and the full ball orange dress she was wearing. The colour was almost neon and hurt the eyes of any fool that looked directly at it. Thankfully it was mostly buried in accessories, making it impossible to blind me or poor Jenni.

The girl was not even 10 and had already heavy makeup on her youthful face, which aged her too much.

What were those maids doing to her? She needed a Fanny urgently in her life.

"Ladies of the Great Mountnero family, welcome to my humble tea party." There was an extravagant bow and a smile to Jenni, ignoring me completely.

That was ok, as long that was all it was, however, something told me it wouldn't be.

As I looked at the room I scoffed at the word "humble" used by the girl.

There was nothing "humble" in the room. From the golden adorned chairs and tables to the massive paintings and sculptures, to tons and tons of food. And chocolate fountains! Several!! The Empire could have been fed just by all the food in this room.

Both, me and Jenni entered the room and looked at the impressive waste of money inside. We walked slowly checking where best to sit.

After greeting some of Jenni's acquaintances and other ladies, who were all smiles to Jenni and distaste look at me, both I and Jenni choose a more quiet place, near the window to sit. The small table for four faced a lush rose garden and seemed pretty quiet. We wanted to enjoy some of the many, many candies and cakes at that party, in peace so this was the perfect place.

Before I could even start appreciating my tea, a strong high pitch noise came from the ladies sitting close by the door. With my back to the door, I couldn't see what they were fretting about, but I didn't want to know. I had a feeling inside my heart that told me nothing good was coming from it.

And I was right because I saw Jenni, who could see the door, getting up and muttering:

"Your majesty."

My blood left my face...

Hahaha.... fucking perfect.

So what did you think about it?? I hate the Marquis by the way! Awful man!!

But are excited about the next chapter??? Tell me!

-//---------------------------

In case you like my stories and would like to support me, now you can buy me a coffee!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/andreascribe

Thanks!!!