Chapter 28- Social life starts when young

Start from the beginning

"And she was sent to her village to recover with her family." Ended Jenni with a weak voice. "In the end, Fanny got the role to help me as well."

"I don't mind at all!" Exclaimed Fanny proud.

The conversation ended right there and no matter how much I asked, it went nowhere. There was something fishy going on, but it wouldn't be easy to get any information. If even Fanny was refused to answer, then I would have less luck with the employees of Mountnero, who would keep their mouths shut.

So for now I gave up, letting Fanny return to her excitement over the dresses. Jenni, however never fully regained her excitement during our carriage trip.

At last, we arrived at the boutique. It was a petit store in an old and well-maintained building. The show windows were full of dresses and accessories, very pretty and very impractical. Though for a crazed Fanny those were the dream. I knew what to buy for her birthday now. She would go nuts!

Inside, the decor seemed to have come from Fanny's hyper imaginative head. Pink and frilly, with dresses everywhere. Several well-kept assistances were rushing to the many high-class customers with an uncountable number of dresses on their hands. I was unsure how they managed to carry so many without falling to the ground, but then again they may be already used to it. Or so I hoped.

The wait for assistance was not long and so were led to the prove rooms. And so it started my hellish morning. Inside a cubicle with a mirror and mini dresses.

The morning went on as I experimented with several dresses, each taking a monumental effort and time to dress and way too restrictive. It was literally hell in the form of frills and happy colors. Every time the ladies who worked there came with more while grinning like fools, I cursed deep in my soul.

But soon was lunchtime and I was able to convince Jenni and Fanny to go to have lunch at a nice restaurant. Anywhere that was far enough. When they agreed, I almost teared up.

Finally free I was so excited that I went jumping to the door. Jenni, just laughed at my silliness, while Fanny tried to have me behave like a lady. In the end, she gave up.

On our way to the restaurant, I realized that had lost the bracelet I received from Jenni. My heart stopped for a moment. I liked it very much and having Jenni sad because I lost it was a no-go.

It must have been in the boutique when I was being pulled and pushed from dresses, so I decided it was best if I went there to grab it before I ate lunch.

I had to invent some excuse to let Jenni be sad, in the end, I said I had lost a brooch. Jenni became worried and Fanny protested, saying it would be fine to look after lunch. She herself would look for it, she told.

But I hated to wait for such a thing and I was afraid Jenni would catch the missing bracelet during our lunch. After some minutes of discussion, I was allowed to go with two guards in the promise I would return in half an hour.

I promised them and went my way, rushing through the busy streets with two guards behind me, checking my every move.

Upon arriving, I noticed the boutique was dark inside, I knocked on the door and no one answered, however, the door was open.

For a moment, I pondered what I should do, but seeing that was I tight on time, I went inside, leaving my guards out. It was a women's store, so men were not allowed inside as it was improper.

Inside was way darker than I had expected, though still visible enough for a quick search. I rushed then to the room I had been using, until I stumbled onto something, better, someone.

Surprised I looked to my side and see something scarlet shining. Sorry, not one. Two things. Two eyes.

Oh, no.

Even without a clear vision of the person who bumped into me, I knew who it was. It was impossible not to know when those dammed scarlet eyes were the rarity of this world.

My nemesis was back... looking as surprised as me at this encounter.

So what did you think of this unexpected encounter? Are you excited about the next chapter?

Tell me about it!

-//---------------------------

In case you like my stories and would like to support me, now you can buy me a coffee!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/andreascribe

Thanks!!!