22. Drain Her Dry

Start from the beginning

Fuck!

Looking down, I see the clear sign of finger marks in the dirt. Damn her!

My wolf's primal nature takes a hold of me, his anger spiralling at the thought of his own mate abandoning him. He doesn't see it any other way, to him she's his mate and she chose to leave him. It makes him angry, wanting to drag her back and enact his dominance. I can't think straight with his rage washing over me so I'm forced to push him back, just in time for Felice's voice to enter my mind.

Torben. One of our warriors spotted Asmara escaping. He tried to stop her but-

Direction.

What?

Which direction?

She was seen going North.

Fuck! Towards the mountains where Draven resides.

Meet me at the north side of the boarder immediately.

Already on my way.

I'm storming towards the north side of the border, wanting to know what could have possibly gone through Asmara's head. What made her believe she could survive out there alone? She doesn't understand just how fragile she is, especially compared to Draven and the ones he has working for him, and she's heading straight towards him.

I can't even think about what Draven would do if he ever got his hands on her. The sick thoughts that would enter his mind. My wolf growls at the thought, forcing me to move faster.

I have to find her.

When I reach the north border, I see Felice, Aisha and even Ezlyn standing by. They were talking to the injured warrior before I walked over, all eyes turning to me as I address the warrior whose leg is still bleeding, "What happened?"

"I grabbed her," My eyes rage at the thought of this unmated wolf touching my mate but I remain silent, wanting him to continue, "but she stabbed me with a silver knife and then ran."

My brows furrow. Silver?

"How the fuck did she get her hands on a silver knife?" My eyes are raging and this time I'm looking at Aicha. She was the one with her all day. She should have been watching her, making sure she wasn't able to get a hold of anything she shouldn't have.

My eyes shift to Felice when I see him take a defensive step forward, his instincts to protect his mate controlling him. Lucky for him, Aicha grabs his arm, visibly calming him down. He looks at her as she answers me, "I challenged her to a small fight. I thought it was harmless but she must have sneaked away with one of the knives when I wasn't looking." Her voice is filled with guilt, shamed for what she allowed to happen.

My eyes snap to Ezlyn when she interjects, "You allowed our enemy to get her hands on something that can kill us?" Ezlyn is being extremely judgemental, throwing her hands up in the air, "You might as well have helped her escape."

A growl raises in Aicha's throat, taking a challenging step towards Ezlyn. Ezlyn smirks back at her, her nails elongating for a fight before I step in between them.

"That's enough!" I look between them, my wolf sending out waves of his dominance. They both bow their heads and then I turn to Ezlyn, "Watch the pack while we bring her back."