Chapter 18: SHORT 2: Destroid Defense

Hi

The dialog from the canon episode may not be the same, because I'm lazy lol

------------------------------------------------------------------

4 years ago

"These are the five Lions of Voltron," Samuel Holt spoke as he displayed a holographic projection of five colorful, mechanical lions above everyone in the meeting room. The scientists, commanders and even Coleen sat in amazement at what they saw before them. "Those same cadets are the pilots, or Paladins, of these Lions. Combined, they form the mighty warrior Voltron." The projection changed to a mechanized warrior, with the Lion's heads and bodies reformed to the beast. Everyone stared in shock, except for Admiral Sanda, at the robot before them.

"The Paladins are doing everything they can to keep the universe at peace, and along the way they met new alien races and encountered technologies we could only dream of, like the Olkari, some of the finest engineers in the universe. Everything changed once more when they encountered someone different, yet the same," Sam paused to display a person with long, faded blue hair and an interesting pilot's uniform.

An official looked confused, "another human? Did she stow away on that Blue Lion like the rest of the cadets?"

"Actually, this pilot is male," Sam smirked, making the official gawk, "HE is lieutenant Mathias Anderson. He's not actually from the Garrison, nor from this universe. He is from an alternate reality of sorts, one more advanced than ours. Almost everything happened the exact same in both of our universes, except, in his time, humanity, as well as every humanoid species came to being from a race called the Protoculture."

"Protoculture?" Admiral Sanda raised a skeptical eyebrow.

"A race that existed half a million years ago in Mathias time that gave birth to all humanoid species before dying out. Humanity soon came into conflict with alien culture when a ship from the Protoculture's enemies, the Protodeviln and the Supervision army, crashed on Earth. Humanity built upon the wreckage and later used to defend humanity and traverse the stars in ships that we can dream of. Ships that can fire cannons so powerful, they can shatter the surfaces of moons and tear apart fleets like paper. Ships that can transform and can fly across space in minutes!"

"Forgive me for being blunt, but I don't see how I can believe such a thing!" A snarky official shrugged next to him.

Sam pressed a button that displayed two holographic projections. One was of a fighter with heavy modifications, the other was of a massive ship with two cannons that aimed high to the sky and arms that stood by its side.

"Believe me now?" Sam asked, which the official hurriedly nodded. Sam looked back at Admiral Sanda, "Mathias was gracious enough to give me several bits of data that will allow for the creation of not only our own ships, but also upgrade our own weapons and defenses. While I will say, a lot of the information had holes in them or were missing entirely, there are still several notes and ways we can progress with upgrading our technology." He looked dead into Admiral Sanda's eyes, "war... is coming."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 and 1/2 years later

Sam was devastated on the inside. Just months ago, he was given the news his daughter had disappeared and that Matt was in danger. He wanted everything to just go away, he wanted to go back a few years before he was abducted... when his family was still whole.

He shook the thoughts out of his head when he looked down at his clipboard, then a scientist to his right, who was speaking to Iverson. "We're ready to begin the tests."

[BOOK 1] Macross: Voltron || Super Dimensional Voltron ForceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara