Chapter 3: History Lesson

I think I write (or I guess, type in this case lol) too long chapters...

Anyway, here's a more laidback chapter: "History Lesson." This mostly explains the canon story for Macross if anyone hasn't seen it. Also, I didn't feel like writing the entire story for Voltron in a summarized manner, so I just did I time skip lol. You can basically skip this chapter if you already know a major part of the Macross Lore.  ALSO! Wattpad viewers will be able to see images for reference when I post this chapter there! Go to Wattpad and check it out if you haven't!

All images shown are not mine!  Credit belongs to the Macross series for providing them!

MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR THE MACROSS SAGA AHEAD!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Within a Galra Command ship, during the battle on the Castle of Lions.

The purple commander watched as a heavy laser struck the castle, his smirk on his purple face was proud. He watched as the shot connected on the bow of the ship and exploded in a brilliant ball of fire, causing major structural damage on the hull. Clearly, they were distracted by something, he had caught them by surprise. He continues to fire upon the defenseless ship until the alarms start to blare, now comes the hard part. Five lions emerged from the hangars of the ship. It was also about that time that the particle barrier system on the Castle came on line. The commander took a deep breath as the space battle began, Galran fighters began an onslaught on the lions, but they proved ineffective. Muffled laser fire could be heard inside the bridge of the command ship.

"Maintain fire on the Castle of Lions, do NOT let them escape!" He barked out, his rough voice shredding the room's silence.

"We've lost a Cruiser!" A Galra below him shouted. The commander watched as not one, but two ships exploded into dust. He growled. A third exploded nearby, rocking his ship slightly and nearly threw him off balance.

"Commander!" the same Galran soldier called out, "another ship has been detected leaving the castle!"

This sparked the commander's interest, another ship? What could they be planning? He pointed to the screen, "show me!" A view monitor pulled up, revealing a small fighter flying towards them at high speeds. "Interesting... it's that fighter we tried to capture earlier," he looked down at the Galran below him, "I want you to analyse this fighter from top to bottom as it fights, record it and watch it's movements. I want to know what we are dealing with." The Galran saluted, while furiously typing on the console. A screen about the fighter came up, watching all of it's moves. They caught the feed just in time as the fighter saved the Yellow Lion from 7 Garla fighters. The weapons and design of that fighter interested the commander. It's able to move that fast and with all that weight and armor on that fighter. This pilot must be skilled, indeed. The fighter blasted through multiple squads with it's laser pellets and missiles, but moments later, a real challenge approached. 11 Galran Fighters managed to flank the bulky, armored fighter. The commander smiled, "let's see if you survive this, pilot..." It dodged a volley of purple lasers before unexplainably it transformed and flew above and behind them. The commander was furious as it destroyed the fighters that tried to ambush it. It then changed back to its original form before chasing a straggler down. He paused for a few moments, processing all he had seen before his mind erupted in fury.

"WHAT. WAS. THAT?!" He bellowed, slamming his fist down on some metal, bending it in the process. He noticed a turret fold on top of the ship, fire a powerful blue beam, then unfold back into a fighter. What else did this pilot have up their sleeves?

"I'm not sure, but we scored a hit on the Green Lion, sir!" another Galran below him replied. The screen shows the Green Lion floating in space, clearly stunned from a direct laser attack.

"Well... Zarkon will love us when we deliver it to him-" he was cut off by the fighter, coming into view from the form he saw earlier, only this time, it transformed again into a much more robotic form. The Commander had a mixed expression of rage, confusion and shock at the same time. It opened a bay full of missiles and fired a volley, destroying multiple squads that were approaching the diabled Lion in a single attack before changing back into a fighter and charging at a nearby Galran ship.

"What is it doing..?" He wondered out loud as it dodged more laser fire. A giant rocket on top of the fighter detached and soared towards the Galra ship it was charging. The fighter broke away from its charge, just one missile couldn't compare to the might of the emp-