Chapter 4: A fight for dear life

Did you know? The writers of Voltron: Legendary Defender were heavily inspired by SDF Macross and Robotech for their complex stories and characters? Who knew?!

Also, a slight update on the progression of chapters, my second semester of senior highschool started today, meaning that uploads will slow down dramatically (considering that this semester contains 5 difficult courses, only two, maybe three of which really spark my interests).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd person general perspective, but we're following Mathias

It's been A couple days since Mathias was accepted into the team. Luckily for Mathias, he kept several pairs of casual clothes in the back of his fighter. It wasn't U.N Spacy regulations, especially the amount he had, but Commander Taylor always said to keep it close at all times. For everyday casual wear, Mathias had a simple black T-shirt and a sweat-jogger pants hybrid. The legs of the pants had a small white stripe down the legs of it. He also had a sweatshirt that was black and blue. It was his favorite as it sported his favorite colors and was super comfortable. Mathias had a pair of comfortable shoes that were gray and white. He didn't really enjoy the colors as they didn't fit his color scheme, but they worked.

Mathias had just gotten out of a shower, a cold breeze slamming itself onto him. Slightly shivering, he quickly dried himself off and changed. Mathias had no idea what he was going to do for today. He remembered he was going to do something, but couldn't recall what. It was like that all throughout the week, considering he had to learn so many new things about his environment and the people in it. Two days after his little history lesson, Mathias decided to learn about everyone here, as it was a good idea to get to know his new neighbors. It all started with Hunk when the blue girl-like haired pilot met the man in the kitchen. He was cooking up something that was much better than the space goo he had eaten prior. The two chatted for what felt like hours, while getting a reading of each other. Hunk was a very humorous person. He was always warmhearted, and always one to show affection to those in need. He was literally a human teddy bear. He was a good listener, and very good at engineering. Mathias was slightly surprised when he found out Hunk wasn't as interested in his fighter as he thought, considering the Yellow Paladin was an engineer.

After waving goodbye to Hunk, Mathias traveled up to the bridge, where Allura stood on the Teleduv and looked at the star charts. The two had spoken before, not counting the chat during the battle near the hangar, but not in this manner.  She seemed very motherly; kind, loving, yet stern and aggressive when need be. Mathias became fascinated by Altea from what she spoke of. The two were in the middle of a conversation, laughing about the Teleduv when Coran barged in and suddenly snatched him in the middle of a sentence, simultaneously saying something about helping him with repairs of the Castle. Mathias nervously waved to Allura goodbye, with Allura covering her mouth as she giggled, as Coran literally dragged him out of the bridge and into various rooms. Coran explained the Altean tech as Mathias passed by each room in need of repair. It was so much different compared to the Macross, and it intrigued him. WIthin the day, Mathias had learned a good portion of the ship's systems and how it operated, though there was still lots to learn.

Yesterday, Mathias ran into Lance in the halls. At first, Mathias was skeptical, but Lance invited him into his room. Lance was still all show off and whatnot, but deep down, he had a good heart. The two talked about video games, with Mathias noting the vast differences in design for games in this reality. Next was Shiro, the 'Space Dad' as everyone else called him. Indeed, his mentality was that of a space dad. Always made sure everything was on point, made sure people watched their language and held a calm expression most of the time. Plus, Shiro was a great inspiration and someone he could really talk to if the hybrid pilot needed it.