"Um, you uh know everyone in town right?" I ask hesitantly.

Grimshaw stares at me for a moment a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips, before he quickly looks away shaking his head, "That was it? You're big scary question that you were afraid to ask me?"

"I-uh-" I try to say but couldn't find the right words to say but he interrupted me anyway, "The answer is yes and no."

I felt happy but disappointed because I don't know if he knows Mr. Dubuik then. Should I ask him? I wonder then mentally smack myself as that was the main question I wanted to ask him anyway. What if they do know each other but are enemies and it just pisses him off? Oh, God! Should I bother asking him the rest of my questions? I mean, if I want him out of my room I guess I have to. I've never had this much trouble asking a question to someone before, but it is now. It would've been easier if I wasn't in this predicament that I am in.

"You have more questions? That can't be the only one." He says looking at me seriously.

"I-well I do but I don't-" I start but he interrupted me again, "Spill it."

"Um, do you by any chance know a guy named Mr. Dubuik?" I ask nervously.

Grimshaw's eyes darken as he stares at me with cold eyes, and I felt a sudden chill run up my back. I knew I shouldn't have asked him that question! He stood up and just as quickly he left my room slamming my door, making me flinch from the loudness. The room shook and I felt an eerie chill that was left in my room. I've doomed myself. I thought feeling numb from fear. I felt like curling up into a ball and crying my eyes out, but I can't do that. There's something more important that I have to do than be afraid. I need to call my mother.

I have to see if she's alright.

I took my flip phone out of my bag before dialing her number, and it rang, rang, rang, before I just got the voicemail. I felt another chill run up my spine as I tried again to call her. Again. I got her voicemail which made me start to worry more about her and her health. This can't be good. No, don't think like that it could be nothing. She could just left her phone somewhere and forgot it, or forgot to charge it. I let out a sigh as I tried again.

And again..

And again..

And again..

Until.

She picked up.

Except it wasn't her.

"Who is this?" I ask feeling scared for my mother.

"Ah! You must be Lonnie, your mother was quite beautiful."

"Who is this?" I ask again trying to stay strong.

"I was someone your mother was close to. Well, we were close."

"What did you do to her?" I ask feeling my chest tighten.

"I only did what she asked, and now that it's been done. It's your turn, my dear Lonnie."

"Who are you! Where's my mother!" I yelled feeling tears streaming down my face.

"Don't worry, we will meet soon enough. I'm sure you already met with my son and I hope you are very close with him."

"What are you talking about? I'm not close with anyone?" I tell him trying to stop my tears.

"Oh? Well, that just makes things easier."

"Please just tell me where my mother is!" I plead with him.

"I think you already know what happened to her Lonnie."

I feel like I do but I don't want to believe it, "You bastard! Once I find out who you are I'm going to kill you!"

"Haha! Kill me? You can't kill me, Lonnie. I'm too powerful for you."

"Powerful? Wait, your Mr. Dubuik aren't you?" I ask realizing it.

"Perhaps. I'll see you real soon Lonnie."

"Wait-" I start but he already hung up making me feel scared and sad all at once.

He killed my mother.

Mr. Dubuik killed my mother.

He's after me as well.

I threw my phone at the end of my bed as I hugged my legs closer to myself. I cried into my knees as I just lost my last parent I had left. Why is he doing this? What did he mean that he only did what she asked? What did my mother do? What did she ask? How come I'm getting this feeling like my mom just sold our souls to the devil, and the devil is on his way to kill me.