We're getting out of here

A quietness fell over the facility once the team had gone their own ways. Monica, of course, joined back with Darcy in the secure room, and Jimmy, after finishing the trick that he was so proud of, brushed it off and made his way back to the room as well. The team had reunited, all except y/n.

She crept down the dimly lit halls and stopped at the door she'd been told was the right one. With her back against the wall, she quietly turned the handle of the door and opened it.

The room was surprisingly empty considering how large it was. Around its four walls was a small balcony-like walkway with railings along them, while the main ground was below it. The walkway overlooked what was happening in the centre of the room, which is where wanda and Hayward were.

Hayward didn't hear the sound of the door open, which was lucky for y/n. While keeping her intentions of staying quiet high, she began to slowly make her way into the room. Her foot emitted no sound as it landed on the metal of the structure which lined the walls.

In the centre of the room was wanda. She was broken - and weak, which was clear in her appearance - after being filled with so much anger that she was physically blocked from letting out. The build up that had to grow within her caused her to feel drained, but no one took the restraints from her. They simply watched. Watched how much distress and pain she was in, and they did nothing. The restraints dug into her forearm with a hold so tight it drew a little bit of blood, and imprinted a redness around the area.

While Hayward spoke down to the aching body of wanda maximoff who was forced to be below him, the determined y/n crept to where the stairs were. Thankfully, they weren't in the eyesight of Hayward, so she quietly made her way down them with ease.

Soon, she had made it onto the floor and as close to Hayward as she needed to be. There she stood, inches away from the man she hated most. His back was to her, and he was still talking to wanda, but y/n had completely tuned him out while she bit back an argument.

She momentarily cleared her throat and straightened her posture, "director."

Blinded by his own arrogance, Hayward obliviously turned at the mentioning of his title, but in hindsight, he wished he didnt. As his body pivoted and his eyes were met with y/n's, he hadn't any time to react until y/n sprung forward. Her fist met his face with a force that not only sent him tipping to the side, but it also sent him crashing to the floor.

His unconscious body hit the ground and made a clear pathway for y/n to reach wanda. Her heart shattered the moment she saw just how weak wanda was up close. Immediately, she dropped to the aid of her love, cupping her heavy head in the palm of her hand.

"Hey." She greeted with a calming voice. The more she looked at her, the more her voice broke, her heart sank, and her eyes flooded with tears, but she needed to stay strong for wanda. "Hey, my love, I'm here."

"Y/n." Wanda physically broke at the sight of the only person she wanted to see in that moment.

She smiled through her tears and nodded, "it's me. You're safe now." And with that, she pulled wanda into a hug.

Wanda collapsed into her arms instantly, while y/n held her as close as she could. One hand cradled wanda's head, while the other shielded her back. A hopeful whimper came from wanda as she felt the touch and comfort of her love once again, and y/n didn't want to take her hold from her at all.

After a while, y/n gently pulled wanda back and held her face in her hands, where she flashed her a soft smile, "let's get you out of here."

Despite the fact that y/n was so eager to get out of the building safely, she moved as slowly as it took for wanda to rise to her feet. She didn't rush her at all, she just allowed her to hold onto her arms and pull herself up off of the ground.

Y/n could feel how broken wanda was by how much she leaned onto her, but it didn't bother her. Of course it didn't. She was so happy to have wanda in her arms again that she didn't care if she had to carry wanda out of the building.

Even though she was weak, wanda used whatever strength she had to pull herself up the stairs with the help of y/n. There was only the occasional time that she'd bump into the railing or start to lose her balance on their way to the door, but y/n always caught her. Always.

When the stepped out of the room and into the hallway, y/n instinctively turned her head to see a herd of agents standing at the end of the hall. They were all armed to the teeth and strategically prowling the building for the two girls, and they immediately perched up when they saw them not too far from where they were positioned.

"Okay, uh-." Y/n panicked, but guided wanda gently to whatever room was closest to them, "guys, I'm gonna need one of you to create a distraction."

"When?" Darcy responded to her.

"Like right now."

The moment the words left her mouth, the agents at the end of the hall began spraying an array of bullets down to the two girls. Luckily, y/n was able to kick a door open and drag herself and wanda through into it.

She let go of wanda and allowed her to slowly and gently drop to the floor with her back against the wall, while she pushed the door closed. While tensing her hands, she summoned a thick layer of her energy to block all of the gaps in the door, making it harder for anyone to get through.